Announcement Welcome to the RPF's Forum Upgrade Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So about the two-step verification...the direct link directs me to the dented helmet website were I am once again asked to log in,which I tried but apparently failed to do.
Do I understand this correctly: Am I required to create an account for the dented helmet website as well,just for a one time only two-step verification for this website?
Thank you for clarifying,and congratulations on the upgrade for this website.

So about the two-step verification...the direct link directs me to the dented helmet website were I am once again asked to log in,which I tried but apparently failed to do.
Do I understand this correctly: Am I required to create an account for the dented helmet website as well,just for a one time only two-step verification for this website?
Thank you for clarifying,and congratulations on the upgrade for this website.

That is VERY odd. Let me see what is going on.

Also I noticed that the junkyard post and a little messed up.

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 7.33.59 PM.png

Great job Art. Soo much faster than the old site. Must have been a ton of work. Just checked some of my own threads for any quirks and found some garbling. See this post for what I mean. No biggy as I can probably re edit and clean things up, but highlighting it just in case.

Loving the new layout! However, would it be possible to add links to the sub forums in place of where the "Mark Forums Read/ Search Forums etc.." area is? I really don't use any of those features and links to the sub forums themselves might be better suited in this area.

At this time we won't be bringing back the top-bar navigation. :(

Great job Art. Soo much faster than the old site. Must have been a ton of work. Just checked some of my own threads for any quirks and found some garbling. See this post for what I mean. No biggy as I can probably re edit and clean things up, but highlighting it just in case.

This move has, quite literally, been YEARS in the making. It was a combined effort of many people (largely, Montagar ) and more than a few third-part vendors.

We will have a process for cleaning up a lot of old content like what you pointed out. You are welcome to clear it yourself if you would like, but we will get to it eventually (there is a long long list of things to clean up that will literally take months).

What is the purpose of the cover page at therpf.com? It's just a giant link.

In order to facilitate the move (for all of our sites), the forums were moved from the root to /forums (the proper location for them). This leaves the root available for a proper welcome page. There is just a placeholder there now (the linked image) but there will be more in the future. I would recommend updating your bookmarks to:

Code:
https://www.therpf.com/forums/

Premium membership removes all of the ads.
Thanks! This new version is great but super ad heavy for.mobile browsing. On this one page I have 4 ads.. Little excessive no?

Can I also suggest if possible adding a 'return to top' option. Many boards have a floating one on the side

Hey Art, I’m a premium member and see ads on both mobile and laptop. Both Safari browsers.

In order to facilitate the move (for all of our sites), the forums were moved from the root to /forums (the proper location for them). This leaves the root available for a proper welcome page. There is just a placeholder there now (the linked image) but there will be more in the future. I would recommend updating your bookmarks to:

Code:
https://www.therpf.com/forums/

Thanks.
Also, my Alerts drop-list keeps getting longer. Is there a way to clear it out once it's been viewed?

Hey Art, I’m a premium member and see ads on both mobile and laptop. Both Safari browsers.

There is an issue with your membership. Please bear with us. We have one more testing aspect to work through tonight but I will address it with you tomorrow morning and get that cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back