will the new efx stormtrooper helmets push the price of the MR CE ones down?

razorsharp192

Sr Member
i've got a couple of the MR CE stormtrooper helmets, hanging on to them as a bit of an investment, but just seen the new efx helmets, does this mean the prices of the MR CE ones will go down?

Yes and no.

If you want the MR ANH helmet, and only that helmet, the asking price could stay pretty high.

If you just want any MR Stormtrooper helmet, why pay $300-$400 for one when they are $100-$150 brand new from a reputable dealer ?

A ton of people who were going to drop $400 on the ANH will probably just wait for the ESB version and save money. Mine is on pre-order.

Yeah probably to some degree, but I doubt it will collapse, but if you were looking for substantially more then they sold for I wouldn't hold your breath right now...

Basic supply and demand principles, unless the new offering just sucks, I doubt that will be the case, the vast majority of the people will take the new cheap offering...

I don't understand why anyone expects licensed stuff to hold value... and I'm equally puzzled when people pay more than retail price for licensed stuff. You'd think it got cheaper after a while and not the other way around.

yeah i was thinking of preordering an efx one too, but at that price it seems quite steep considering MR sold the CE for half that (and its the same helmet!). on play.com its £140 preorder, where as the MR CE was only £60 when it came out

I agree totally. I'm not going to pay some ebay seller $1,600 for lets say an Iron Man bust, when they sell for $700 or so. They can keep it.
I'd rather invest that money in screen used props.

I don't understand why anyone expects licensed stuff to hold value... and I'm equally puzzled when people pay more than retail price for licensed stuff. You'd think it got cheaper after a while and not the other way around.

I saw the MR Han blaster drop from a high around $3000 to parody with the re-release when MR reneged on limited editions. Supply drives price.

I agree totally. I'm not going to pay some ebay seller $1,600 for lets say an Iron Man bust, when they sell for $700 or so. They can keep it.
I'd rather invest that money in screen used props.

it doesnt matter what the original selling price was, if you cant buy them for the original price anymore and they are limited, expect to pay a premium. pretty much anything limited edition/special edition with low volumes worldwide is going to go up in price

it doesnt matter what the original selling price was, if you cant buy them for the original price anymore and they are limited, expect to pay a premium. pretty much anything limited edition/special edition with low volumes worldwide is going to go up in price

That is just wishful thinking. The collector´s market does not usually work that way. There is tons of stuff out there that is limited and aimed specifically at the collector´s market, and has plummeted in value. It´s all about demand. I wouldn´t have thought that the Iron Man making of book would triple and quadruple in value, if I had known, I would have bought a few extra ones, but hey.

By the way, with items like those helmets you have to calc in a few factors like storage space and the cost for that etc. Quick money by speculating with props or toys? Only a very few can do that, and you have to have some extra cash that you won´t miss for a looong time if you want to make it in that business.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back