[WIP] Mass Effect Female Turian(s), Nyreen and Neimhaille

Re: [WIP]Female Turian, Nyreen Kandros

Amazing work on this build! You are exceptionally talented. I look forward to following your progress. Thanks for sharing.

wpid-DSC_2155.jpg wpid-DSC_2153.jpg

That's actually after and before ;) Wanted to show the final effect first.

So the cast is a matte grey latex and i really wasn't sure where to go with the colour. Normally I cast in flesh and am able to paint and tone based on how the colours changed over a semi-opaque ground.

So I used black airbrush tattoo ink to define shadows and get worked in to the deep surfaces. I washed all the pieces in the way, starting with the scalp and scaled spine then started on the face and got a bit lost. Okay so it needed some warming. A little red and tiny bit of white in black and it makes a maroon. Well I'll wash with that too. It's a tad harsh but hey.

And then stippling a grey the same tint as the latex (yeah, it sounds mad but I have essentially given the skin a layer that mimics blood vessels and muscle and now this is the skin that shows hints of that from underneath.
he grey though lifted the layers from underneath (all sponge work at this stage- latex sponges which soak up the ink but at least do a really nice stipple). So a layer of white has been used as a finall base colour.

Next up is to test a few colours in my airbrush to warm up this base colour. I may even be able to use a powder to buff in. But right now I have no really transluscent pigments to work with and these next layers do need to be able to be misted in super fine layers.

But I have a second casting to also paint up and that will be a much softer paint job :) The female Turian Garrus chats to on the Citadel has such pretty colous (and conveniently the same costume as Nyreen- different colours) so I want to make a mask of her as well :) And maybe a custom female Yurian too ;)

wpid-DSC_2231.jpg
Tinting with my airbrush and canned air... I really really need to get myself a proper compressor. I can buy brushes cheaply but finding a small compressor? With proper transformer adaptor? Sigh.

Also the wig form is being transformed in to a bald cap maker. And I have a head cast I'm currently sculpting on to make a Madam Vastra headpiece.
wpid-DSC_2232.jpg sm_DSC_2245-261x300.jpg

First time seeing this, what a bold endeavor! Your sculpting skills are showing, the details are very good, especially considering you don't have the game to look at in-game models for! I see what you mean about cat/monkey looks, the turian nose is an odd mixture of things, but you pulled it off. How are you planning on mounting the side mandibles to the mask, such that they move? Also, if I may borrow from your sculpting experience, do you build additively or subtractively, or does it depend on the individual sculpt?

I have the game finally but not the DLC :) I'm putting it off until I can get the trilogy for PC (I didn't manage to grab it in the shops at the time) and play my ideal Lizzie Shep right from the start. And I want my squad in Phoenix armour. That was the gear that first made me notice ME. Pink Space Suits? I'm in!

Thank you :) Yeah funnily enough with the Silurian and Turian headsculpts I'm working on Avian and non-avian dinosaur inspired projects. And neither of them have feathers. My eye twitches in paleo nerd pain.

If I have to I'll wind up having the mask as a non functioning piece, but I'm hoping to be able to hinge the jaw somewhat. So it may take a little longer to do than I would like. I'm currently incapacitated with "trigger finger" which has had a steroid shot but needs rest for several days. So. Time to decide on what to do and when :)

Also I may or may not be able to order contact lenses in time. I think I may no longer be allowed sclera lenses so I'll have to work with what I am allowed. And still be able to see ;)

wpid-DSC_23721.jpg

wpid-DSC_23731.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics, having so much tech fail atm...

Today I finally templated the pointy Turian pieces (elbows, calves, spine, toes) and got latex on the cowl support for the latex mask pieces. With a little bit of patience I can get the jaw to work independently of the rest of the face, even if I can't get the mandibles too. It's a bit of a case of going for correct proportions than trying to get articulation- female Turian heads are much smaller than males with skinny little necks. It has to fit the face and skull which means no room for anything underneath. In fact I may have to tape my nose flat when actually wearing the pieces.

Re: [WIP]Custom Female Turian, Neimhaille

IMG_4275m.jpg IMG_4271m.jpg
Photos by Dr Maul here on theRPF)

So I may have abandoned Nyreen in favour of going all glam ;) Armour is my Blood Dragon (sans dragon by choice and fate- I wound up liking my interference overlay too much to put the dragon on but it a bit too close to the event to do a really good job anyway.)

This is Neimhaille. I created the name years ago (like 99) and it's not until now I really feel the name just fits. It's a mix of glamour and grunt :)

Everything in the photos was made by me, and uses techniques from leather tooling to sculpting to fibreglass. So while I was only able to wear this entire ensemble for an hour tops it was definitely worth it :)

I had started detailing the gun but again was getting close to crunch time so I filled in all the cuts (cry) and sanded back to a plain surface.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back