[WIP]Shae Vizla, Mark II started! As she now actually appears in SWTOR

Re: Shae Vizla, Bounty Hunter TOR, 90% complete, photos page 4

Just bumping to see if maybe this should be moved to the Star Wars forum?

As an aside I am seriously looking at converting this to my in game armour of the RD16a Havoc gear (on Empire side it is a white-silver, metallic dusky pale violet with a pale yellow stripe. With crimson hair in a Leia bun and braid style she kind of rocks.

I'm just debating between recasting all the parts or repainting. I need to make a new jetpack, chest and back plate and new flight suit (my in game toon has a pale grey suit). So I need to remake a fair amount as it is ;)

And I am seriously knocked around by health issues that this may be a never realised dream ;)

Re: WIP: Shae Vizla, Bounty Hunter TOR

Ack! How have I been missing so many posts! I know I've been heavily distracted with judging contests and and being stressy and not very well at all ;)

Desolate: I am going to be making a good mold of the final sculpt so it should be possible to cast more than one :) I will be getting back to work on this asap, health issues should be settled soon to be able to get sanding and bogging and sanding :)

HI I'M NEW AND LOOKING INTO CREATING SHAE VIZLA AMOR. I AM INTERESTED IN THIS AMOR PATTERNS, TIPS,ETC.I AM NEW TO ALL THIS. GLAD TOO SEE SOME IDEA ON THIT'S S SITE ABOUT HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. YEAH IF YOU END UP CASTING MORE OF THE HELMETS LET ME KNOW. IT'S COMING OUR GOOD.

Re: Shae Vizla, Bounty Hunter TOR, 90% complete, photos page 4

It's taken a while but I finally have my helmet mold jacket sorted!

My size small vinyl gloves (too short for my spindly fingers but the only size that stays on my hands!
Two recycled containers to mix, split the resin so to avoid it heating too quickly while in the containers. BTW ice cream containers are naturally slick so you can leave the leftovers to cure and then pop them out to recycle the container again!
NZ Fibreglass brand of epoxy resin. Very easy mix ratio, just like Ados Epoxy.
West Systems 310 Microlight fairing paste seriously light. I use just enough to tint the resin.
400gm/m glass matting
Glass tissue
Purpose use scissors- clearly they will need cleaning after this.
Wide synthetic brush- to mix the resin and to tap down the tissue and cloth
Paper cups to measure (they are 200ml each)
tumblr_n515pbDKD91qi1vl1o1_1280.jpg
I used About 1.5L of the stuff today for a nice solid layer on my Shae helmet and the topsides of my Maleficent horns.

I like this filler as it's so incredibly light but doesn't blow about. it stays clumped. Less risk of it getting where you don't want it.

Maleficent horns on the left, top sides only and Shae helmet on the right.
tumblr_n515pbDKD91qi1vl1o2_1280.jpg
There is a layer of plastic wrap over Shae as the weather is just cool enough that the resin doesn't heat so does slump off. I could have used more filler but it does make it slightly less durable.

tumblr_n5159kQG8X1qi1vl1o1_500.jpg
And while this redness follows my mask it's not just breath/heat/respiration.

So allergy. Why do I keep using the stuff if I have a pretty horrible reaction? Safety. I am not putting brittle materials on my head! My first cast is able to bounce off glass tiles, which means it is going to act more like a real helmet than risk injury. Having been jostled a lot and had my costume parts pulled off me at times my safety is priority where I can!

Another thing I have bought is some lovely stretch cotton rich twill :) Beautiful for flight suits :) I have recently made a Maria Hill SHIELD uniform (MCU) and the design is going to work really well to be adaptable to make a two part flight suit so I can avoid dehydrating at events. Oh and i have the bug to make my SWTOR bounty hunter again :)

swtor 2014-02-11 22-21-17-78.jpg swtor 2014-02-12 19-29-51-61.jpg
It must be Wednesday somewhere right?

swtor 2014-02-12 19-29-27-66.jpg
Never underestimate the other players around you, they can pull mobs towards you by accident. I think I may have clicked to help after this. Not sure.

Update!!!

I still haven't finished the last fight in Shadow of Revan but I did fonally meet Shae in game and now have my toon almost decked out as her completely.

So here is a video:

Once it has processed.. sorry. It's taking a while.... Going to play a bit more so I can buy her belt... oh and helmet.. darnit!

So, my toon has the same body type which means I can use my toon as a model to work from. And this is great, I panned in too close and have been able to cut through mesh layers to isolate and view inside the pauldrons and back plate and to see the inside of the gauntlets. So far I don't have the belt or helmet, but the helmet is about the one thing I can still use my original molds for. The rest looks nothing like the original render or models. CLosest to the action figure funnily enough!

Tomorrow I start collecting my template materials. I m still debating exactly what to use, but foam floor mats are going to be perfect for templating, but I'll be molding and casting in a more durable material. But the foam will allow me to add the details seen on the inside of the pauldrons (really? really!) and then thin craft foam for a number of other layers. the gauntlets for instace really look like wet formed leather with a thinner leather over, and the outer layer is incredibly short. The missiles longer and she has the same communication device on both sides. Not sure why, but that is just one change!
The butt plate seems to be missing too! Unless it's on the belt and I have just not been able to see it, but the silver padding on the hips extends right across and has totally different detail lines.
Oh and the flight suit seams... well. I'll be doing them. Sadly it will most definitely not mean creating a sharable pattern but hey, I nearly had it last time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back