[WIP]Shae Vizla, Mark II started! As she now actually appears in SWTOR

Re: Shae Vizla, Bounty Hunter TOR, 90% complete, photos page 4

*Waves at April* Hello you :) Hardly saw you at Melb'Geddon :( But I still can't believe we managed to run into each other at the madness that was D*C XD

Thank you again everyone :) I may have a chance to wear the costume again soon so I am trying hard to get motivated to redo the little pieces that are niggling me due to odd body issues (my wrists are deformed, officially, medically, woot! not....) and my feet are just tiny ;) So new foot covers are in the works as well as new shoes full stop.

Thank you :) I'm about to print off the chest pieces again and restart them :) I also want to put my magnets in the greaves and gauntlets as originally planned. Airlines can deal with tiny rare earth magnets darnit! I am not hurting myself with velcro any more!

Are the armor pieces pepakura?? If you mentioned before I believe I missed it. I would LOVE to make this costume!

They are patterns I drafted on my dress form and body :) I've just scanned them and tidied them up in photoshop :) I'm not sure I have the final shin and thigh pieces copied out though. They are based only on 2D images- I'm not sure if her 3D model has been pulled out anywhere- in game the armour is quite differently shaped :)

Also I discovered shaping the chest piece is really tricky. I have just binned my last trial in card, because it got fairly battered, whoops. ANyway the pattern worked wonderfully on the body but in trying to glass over the shapes on my mannequin the hard as rock bumps in the front (;) ) cause the whole piece to distort. So I need to create a torso shape to redo it.

Thank you :) I have put her away for nearly a year while working out some changes I need to make. In that time though a few things have made the costume just not wearable (including losing a lot of weight! So pieces may be available as i replace them :)

This year was the year of Darth Talon instead ;)

Also about to start work on some other spcade armour, just getting duckies in a row to see how doable it is. And adaptable :)

Thank you :) I got a little burned out working on this project ;) But I do now finally have at least photos of the finished piece on my website:
mdb- costuming (used to be glittersweet.com until the name got too diluted by businesses... sigh).

And Though I had to give up my subscriber account on SWTOR I still really want to make my in game armour as it is all lilac and gold. though now with dye packs I suspect it's not so rare ;) )

That is some stunning work. This is such a very complicated costume with so many pieces to get right. You've done a fantastic job, and the pics look amazing. The whole proportion on the costume is spot on too. Seen this done a few times but you seem to carry it much better than most.
Would love to get some pics of you with my Malgus, but sadly I think there's just a few too many miles in between!! Lol

Thank you :) Yeah, there is a lot of ocean between ;) And a continent in either direction!

Anyway. Sadly I no longer fit any part of the costume except the helmet. I had already lost a bit of weight between making the costume and wearing it at D*C (where the thigh pieces and belt were already falling off me) and now.. well. It's just not happening ;) Just giving it a short time before deciding if I am going to redo pieces before the next show or not. I'm not sure how permanent this weight change is.

So after a spot of panicking about deleting my templates (luckily I hadn't, I dragged and dropped the files before formatting my old HDD and de-partitioning it!) I have them on new card and will be out the new chest and back plates in the next few days. Once I find where my knife is... Sigh.

But in the meanwhile I have finally started customising my Alien Mannequin. I purchased her as she is nice and symmetric but her proportions are way off. Also she had a "natural" chest which looks realistic under fabric but just deforms any armour not shaped to fit over them. Ditto with my woodgrain torso. That however is useful for sculpting directly on (for example my Slave Leia pieces).

So while not specifically Shae progress, here is some progress at making the support for shaping the armour more natural (so a rigid ribcage and I'll pad up for the bust ;) )
sm_P1100405.JPG sm_P1100406.JPG sm_P1100408.JPG sm_P1100409.JPG

The foam in the back has been filleted back to a thin layer. I may need to use some more foam to fill in a few gaps but it is very tempermental stuff so I may need to really clean my silicon spatula and lay down lots of plastic.

So hopefully I can get the card cut asap because then I can show how the same pattern shapes look very different on the two forms. My Blood Dragon armour test comparison doesn't show so well in photos. But it is very obvious in person!

Thank you :) I'd love to finish the Templar too :) If I have enough of this ghastly green foam to continue to test patterns I will reprint the templar pieces :) I may be able to do so in card actually. I have a huge amount of red cardstock.

Shae's templates are on a very rigid and firm base. So it's a little harder to cut than I thought. So today is the day I finally attempt to cut at least the back! And then start gluing and shaping ready to glass over :)

I was trying to work out a simple way to temporarily stick my template together and finally figured it out :) It'll allow unimpeded soaking of the resin this way :) So hopefully with today being all sunny I'll be able to get it sorted nice and quickly.

Thank you :) I have put the new armour away in a hissy fit. I need better card stock! but my basic plan was working :)

Yeah, just enough to make nothing fit- the belt, the armour, the bodysuit.. so I'm just considering making my in game gear which is pretty nifty :) Gold and lilac :) Over pale grey.
Also, I have been bullied in the past at the weight I was in the earlier photos, not saying anything other than it's always a mildly terrifying experience going out in public in these costumes!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back