[WIP]Shae Vizla, Mark II started! As she now actually appears in SWTOR

Re: Shae Vizla, Bounty Hunter TOR, 90% complete, photos page 4

Thank you :) Hopefully some new photos soon :) I got to play SWTOR beta for the last two weekends and am so hyped for the game and the world Bioware has created... so incredible! And I managed to get my BH to level 13 (I have never played a game outside of Angry Birds and solitaire ;) ) so got to see the Manalorian Armour in game :)

My armour falls somewhere between the game and cinematics ;) So I am really happy. I didn't get to see Shae but I have been assured she appears in the BH storyline just not when or where or how which is fine by me. :) So long as I know I am aiming to find her somewhere.

I am shopping around for a gaming comp and accessories so I can play this :) The toon I created was a bit of a silly MarySue but not what I will choose for the actual game :)

The armor gets better as you advance and the instances give you some of the best looking sets.

I can't think of much to say but.... WOW!

Absolutely amazing

I will be adding you to my prayers for your health.

great costume.. but those pics are waay too small to appreciate it properly
They are thumbnails so if you click on them you get to the full fle :) I don't want to chomp into Sylvie's bandwidth (which is esentially stealing) by embedding the full files :)

Utherpend: The starting armour is really nice, I think the best starting kit of any class that I tried :) This was my very first MMO and actually first game in many years (I used to play Street Fighter on an arcade machine but that was about 15 years ago....) so I was really happy with being able to get to where I did :)
I chose mercenary rather than powertech too (started filling the arsenel skill tree first).

Luckily the db's are starting up so I will be in a better starting position for next time :)

Utherpend: The starting armour is really nice, I think the best starting kit of any class that I tried :) This was my very first MMO and actually first game in many years (I used to play Street Fighter on an arcade machine but that was about 15 years ago....) so I was really happy with being able to get to where I did :)
I chose mercenary rather than powertech too (started filling the arsenel skill tree first).

Luckily the db's are starting up so I will be in a better starting position for next time :)

Same here I went Mercenary as well, figured I would try out ranged damage. With the Beta ending Monday now we have to wait till 12/20 for full release, or a few days before if you chose the Collectors Edition like I did. lol

I wish I had the CE :( But we now have a release date here in NZ and Aus ;) A tentative one anyway. It is a few days before the Mass Effect 3 launch ;) Ans I have a Asari costume planned for aroud that time... Liara is going to be fun but tough.

Pencil Shavings • Next batch of Star Wars Galaxy 7 sketch cards!
Check this out ;) Photos of me as Mara jade were also used for this set :)

So, I have had my break and am going to launch myself right back into this ;) Well the neighbours have been building non stop for the last month (only break Xmas day itself...) so I feel no guilt about the whizzing noisy machinery... And loud loud musicals and tv I shall be playing ;)

Bonjour. Je suis content de voir qu'il y a une autre armure de Shae Vizla.

Good morning. I'm glad to see that there is another Shae Vizla's armor.

Last edited:

Pardon j'ai envoyé deux fois ce message. A éffacer.

Sorry I sent this message twice. To erase.

Last edited:

I hate bumping my own thread but the photos from the Saturday shoot have been processed :)

Just bought some new paints to test (shades of silver, trying to get the perfect tone and hoping the paint is flexible enough, I suspect it is enamel though, sigh) and will be remolding the knees to cast them like I wanted.
It's going to be a long summer, but I want to get this repainted for my birthday ;)

Thats awesome I love professional costumes done with professional photo shoots!

Thank you for your kind words :) I've been a bit absent for a number of reasons. Total health meltdown being the main (bed bound for a month, and struggled to walk for a few more- sounds melodramatic but sadly no just reality....)

I have replaced the vast majority of my pieces, when I get back from Celebration and Dragon*con I'll go into more detail about exactly how I overcame the humidity in Auckland (makes card warp, glassing card was not going to happen) and my eventual finished paint job (luckily the current technique masks a lot of surface imperfections).

P1100213copy.jpg

a) foot covers (still in pieces, that long stick is for the top strapping)
b) Greaves
c) knees
d) thighs
e) belt and accessories stuck to belt
f) gauntlets
g) upper arm accessories (rounds, mini displays, extra gas for flamethrowers and buckle things)
h) torso armour and jetpack including hone connector and gas tank (minus hose.. it's a hose)
i) helmet and visor and rangefinder
j) blasters.

Here is a pic of us at CVI! hope you had a safe trip back and hope you can get that amazing helmet cast!

IMG_8531.jpg

That industrial background in the photos fits the costume really well. I've seen the figurine of Shae Vizla and this definitely captures the character.

It was great to meet you and talk to you at CVI. Love your Shae Vizla!
I was the one in the Samurai Boba Fett kit BTW.
Cheers!

Merci pour ces nouvelles photographies.

Thank you for these new photographs.

*waves furiously to Varient* Hi again:) Fantastic work :) Love love love original designs XD

Thank you all again :) Sorry for not updating, I am in a rather over drawn effort to get a new computer as the net book is great for looking at things not so great for sharing ;) And my desktop keeps thinking it is 2007 and I hate firing it up only to have to reset everything ;)

Anyway :) I shall steal my post from the local SWNZ forums:

So many pieces... so many... Well despite having to check my carry on luggage in (drop off at end of air walk pick up same spot at next airport) which held my helmet and torso armour (as well as gauntlets and other smaller items packed inside the helmet) Shae is back home in the same number of pieces as she left! yay! I may have needed medical intervention on the teeny tiny jet from DFW to SFO because I didn't want to be one of Those Angry passengers...

Many thanks to Matt and Kristy for their help and hosting and taking many awesome images (I think all but one linked here) :)

And so then in character I got to Shoot All The Things! Bounty Hunters, can't take them anywhere:

For Balmorra and Belsavis! That is the famous Roxy. So glorious.

And met amazing people:

And stormed the Rebels:

Took over the Imperials:

Took a taxi, er, speeder to Endor:

And eventually was caught and repackaged:

More people shared on Facebook but it is being a pain to deal with but I have been able to get a few shared to my page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michaela-de-Bruce
though they are intersperced with a few rants about the flights back and other projects :)

I still need to harvest in progress photos from a few cameras so will try and do a progress update.

I have just bought more material to redo the chest and back plates, saving up for replacement bodysuit too :)

Oh and in case you didn't notice, it's pretty fun in Shae's shoes. So much fun. Except in the Marriott elevators.

I also recently rewore the costume as a Twi'lek. To celebrate unlocking Twi'lek as a species in SWTOR (though y baby BH twi' is actually orange and striped.)

Old Republic bounty hunter by Matt & Kristy, on Flickr

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back