[WIP] The Superior Spiderman [Picture Heavy]

Hey Riot, it's cool, I did the same thing when I made my suit. Went through 2 masks cause I screwed up the eyeholes and gluing the lenses on. It's not easy and I'm always going a separate mask route from now on. Should be easy to get a mask printed and puff-painted though!

If you're going to glue the frames on again, I would also recommend buying one of those white, styrofoam mannequin heads from Michael's/Joanne's or a similar hobby/fabric store. That way you can make sure the mask pattern is aligned on the mannequin and you can glue the lenses/frames onto the mask while it's on the head (or just have El Fett do it lol). I would glue the lenses/frames on first then turn the mask inside-out and cut the eyeholes out from behind the lenses. You can pinch the material upwards to make sure you don't cut any of the mesh/lens material when you're cutting out the eyeholes.

Anyway, best of luck, this is turning out great!

Last edited:
Suit looks great, although I would have cut the eye-holes out nearby the surrounding center of the spider web on the mask.

Here's a few references from an old suit I made, I used TJack's Superior lenses for it:

View attachment 504884

View attachment 504885

If you're looking for mesh lenses, I would recommend Spidey4fun's (Brad) urethane ones. Soft, very bendable, and great visibility, plus a ton of styles (Comic style G is probably the closest to superior frames):

http://www.spidey4fun.ncable.net.au/frames.htm

- - - Updated - - -

Doing well so far, looks so authentic.
—————————————————

So, FOD is printing a second mask. Then, a quick round of puff paint and then off to TrophyWife to have her 1. Sew the new mask 2. Remove the old mask and zipper 3. Extend old back zipper.

Additionally, I've found a really nice 3D printer who will assist me in 3D printing the backpack, so I'm tabling the pepakura approach.

So, FOD is printing a second mask. Then, a quick round of puff paint and then off to TrophyWife to have her 1. Sew the new mask 2. Remove the old mask and zipper 3. Extend old back zipper.

Additionally, I've found a really nice 3D printer who will assist me in 3D printing the backpack, so I'm tabling the pepakura approach.

Ohhhhhh! Cannot wait to see how that will come out! Im debating on how to make the backpack/extended legs myself!

Sounds great Riot! Despite this setback, I'm betting the final product will be awesome. Which frames/lenses are you gonna go with? I went with TJacks in the past, no faceshell.

I'm feeling conflicted, but I think I'm going use TJack TASM2 lenses with black lenses. I know it's not in line with comics seem in the original Superior comic run, but his Spiderverse lenses often have a very TASM2 look to them. Also, the lenses are very much Spiderman incarnate and I think it will give a more instant recognition to those unfamiliar with the character that I am indeed a version of Spiderman.

I'm feeling conflicted, but I think I'm going use TJack TASM2 lenses with black lenses. I know it's not in line with comics seem in the original Superior comic run, but his Spiderverse lenses often have a very TASM2 look to them. Also, the lenses are very much Spiderman incarnate and I think it will give a more instant recognition to those unfamiliar with the character that I am indeed a version of Spiderman.

Honestly, there will be maybe a handful of actual comic book readers that will know the difference. I guarantee you some will ask "are you supposed to be spiderman?" or "THAT'S NOT THE SPIDERMAN THAT I REMEMBER?!" (which happened too me when I wore the ben reilly scarlet spiderman...damn younger generations **shakes cane)

I believe it will look sexy! i mean your whole build is just amazing ;)

So, the backpack parts have come in from the 3D printer. The file is split into eight pieces, so I've glued the bottom four and top four together with a two part resin epoxy. Once it's properly set I'll take pictures. I don't want to Fuse the top and bottom together, rather, I plan I installing a hinge and clasp so I can actually open it and store my wallet and phone.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

IMG_20150801_192023559.jpg
IMG_20150801_192002518.jpg
IMG_20150801_192010061.jpg
IMG_20150801_192017384.jpg
IMG_20150801_192055196.jpg
IMG_20150801_192106737.jpg
IMG_20150801_192128013.jpg
IMG_20150801_192137782.jpg

As you can see, a lot of work needs to be done to refinish some of the areas. I'm thinking of using rondo but I am a bit afraid that the heat from the curing of the rondo will warp the print. Any input, guys?

did u use a "grid" to drill the holes? Or just went to town on it? im probably going to do that next this weekend :D

That back pack is looking great. It must have taken ages to print. Are you still planning on it opening and closing?

Yes indeed I do. Trying to figure out hinges or magnets or whatever. Trying to not overload it with magnets as my wallet and phone would be in it, though.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back