[WIP] The Superior Spiderman [Picture Heavy]

Any tips for working with rondo on 3d prints?

First time using it was today. Just aim for a 50/50 resin / bondo volume ratio, if you want it thinner use a bit more resin, I wouldn't go the other direction otherwise it's too thick. Add enough cream hardener to get a notable colour change (a very light pink or salmon color). After I sand this layer and do the next layer, I'll probably add a drop or two of the resin hardener. I used a 50 cent paint brush and threw it away afterwards.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Bogleo: There's 2 issues that I have found with rondo. one; you run into the odd air bubble while sanding and that's a pain. Two; rondo is crazy hard to sand! It's so much harder than regular Bondo. That said, it's cheap enough so I'll keep using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Suit
11910845_1629441500647234_76269258_n.jpg

TrophyWife makes progress on fixing my horrendous error with the mask.

The Shell
2015-08-23%2019.55.59.jpg
2015-08-23%2019.55.55.jpg

Added in metal mesh behind the black honeycomb to block out my eyes better. Visibility is still decent.

The Backpack
2015-08-22%2011.06.48.jpg
2015-08-22%2011.06.43.jpg
2015-08-22%2011.06.33.jpg

Slowly masking progress. Probably two weekends left of work.

Going to paint the backpack soon. Has some obvious imperfections most notably between the legs of the pack but with this print I certainly am out of my skill level in terms of finishing it, nor do I have the proper tools to sand the awkward nook and crannies. Hard pill for me to swallow as I've already painted my gauntlets 7 times as I've found a new imperfection each time. However, I must learn to accept this is my first costume, first time finishing a 3D print, and first time painting.

Dude, these are really cool. I like how you've used Puffy Paint to make the Spider smooth. I see all these other cosplays where its all bumpy and stuff and really really doesn't really
add well to the costume. Nice job!

I once repainted a Cap shield 9 times. I just couldn't get over the smallest of mistakes. It happens.

Your suit overall is amazing. Can't wait to see it finished. You ever sell casts of that backpack and you have a customer in me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The web center should be between the eyes, but the paint job came out very nice!

Looking sharp!

Unfortunately the actual print design makes it nigh impossible to get the webbing centered on the eyes without the back of the mask riding up. But yes, you are correct, ideally it should be so.

This is my superior mask, the lenses are stuck on so the eyes look a little off , I'm posting this from my iPad so hopefully the photos upload or else I'm looking like a raging lunatic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    961 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    897 KB · Views: 141
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back