Yet Another Iron Man Helmet Sculpt - Painted Pg. 6

I didn't want to start another thread, so I'll just post it here.
Here's a WIP of the neck section I'm sculpting.
Acid burn needed a neck piece for his Iron man helmet from another member and since I needed one as well for mine, I tackled the job.

1NECKFRONT.jpg

1NECKSIDE.jpg

1NECKBACK.jpg

Thanks guys!
acid burn wanted a static piece to display the helmet on, so this will just be cast in roto resin.
I have no previous casting experience with urethane rubber besides using it as a molding compound. Is there a specific brand or type used? I do want to give it a go.

Here's the pic of the first pull trimmed and sanded a bit.
It still requires some refinement (ie: filling/sanding), but it looks pretty good already.
All he needs now is to have the top cut out and a foam head installed (of course after being painted)
neckcast1.jpg

neckcast2.jpg

neckcast3.jpg

And here it is with my IM bucket.
neckcast.jpg

By the way, I painted a pull without doing a lot of sanding just to see what it would look like. It looked so nice even with the uneven surface, that it's been on display since then.
paintedneck.jpg

By the way, I share the garage with my wife, so on the other side of my display is her wig collection.

I was going to ask why someone would have so many wigs but then I remembered we're a bunch of grown men spending lots of money on toys. Many of which are just updates of toys we already own that only we can tell the difference between. :lol

Nice looking helmet there. :)

Seriously Vash you and these Iron Man props go hand in hand. Stunning work once again; keep up the great work with sculpting.

By the way, I painted a pull without doing a lot of sanding just to see what it would look like. It looked so nice even with the uneven surface, that it's been on display since then.
paintedneck.jpg

By the way, I share the garage with my wife, so on the other side of my display is her wig collection.

Loving this item do you sell the neck pieces at all im in the UK myself all the best =)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back