Your Indiana Jones Displays - Lets see 'em

Hoverboards don't work on water!

Unless you've got power!

20240217_172937.jpg20240217_173243.jpg

I have an older set of RJ light up stones that require AA batteries and are not remote activated. The batteries are a bit of a pain to change, so I just bought some usb wired replacements so I can run the lights on the stones pretty much continually if I wanted to. Still some cable management to do, but I think this will work out pretty well.

I also had some very white/blue LEDs, so I used a wood furniture marker on them to give it an overall more orange/red coloring. They are a bit dimmer now, but I like the change.

Comparison of before and after for the LED color:

Currently on the heartbeat setting.

Last edited:
I have an older set of RJ light up stones that require AA batteries and are not remote activated. The batteries are a bit of a pain to change, so I just bought some usb wired replacements so I can run the lights on the stones pretty much continually if I wanted to. Still some cable management to do, but I think this will work out pretty well.

I also had some very white/blue LEDs, so I used a wood furniture marker on them to give it an overall more orange/red coloring. They are a bit dimmer now, but I like the change.

Comparison of before and after for the LED color:

View attachment 1794775

Currently on the heartbeat setting.
View attachment 1794774
What LEDs did you use? Do you have a link? I'm getting tired of replacing batteries too, although I'm also using a lot of flickering candles to light my entire bookshelf scene and they all run on batteries too (remote controlled candles). In fact, the lighting source in the stones are the same candles. They insert from below (rubber stopper in bottom).

64179.jpg

What LEDs did you use? Do you have a link? I'm getting tired of replacing batteries too, although I'm also using a lot of flickering candles to light my entire bookshelf scene and they all run on batteries too (remote controlled candles). In fact, the lighting source in the stones are the same candles. They insert from below (rubber stopper in bottom).

I didn’t change the LEDs, but added this USB plug in battery replacement.

I literally drew on the LEDs with the fast drying marker. I went around and kept applying where I needed to in order to remove the bring blue hot spots. Was just a quick test, but I liked how it turned out. I bet a red transparency/lighting gel would be more eloquent a solution.

IMG_3769.jpeg

I didn’t change the LEDs, but added this USB plug in battery replacement.

Yes OK, I use something just like that for my Disney Crystal Skull so it can run on outlet based power. The problem is my LED candles that insert into my stones run off coin batteries, not AA or AAA. I never could locate a battery replacement for them.

It might be difficult to set up so many candles (on top of the stone ones) to light my display anyway as the wiring might get messy. Strip lighting might work instead, but I'd lose the cool flickering effect. I use two candles upside down to light up my scale Ark too.

1000067672.jpg

Ark Lit 01s.jpg

1000067670.jpg

Yes OK, I use something just like that for my Disney Crystal Skull so it can run on outlet based power. The problem is my LED candles that insert into my stones run off coin batteries, not AA or AAA. I never could locate a battery replacement for them.
Bill used a coin battery replacement over in his thread. Maybe that could help.

'Just Getting Started...Please Critique My BILLY Props Display'
Just Getting Started...Please Critique My BILLY Props Display

Last edited:
Bill used a coin battery replacement over in his thread. Maybe that could help.

Post in thread 'Just Getting Started...Please Critique My BILLY Props Display'
Just Getting Started...Please Critique My BILLY Props Display
Sadly, I can't find that model even on the site he listed, but I do see some newer AA/AAA style votive candles that I might be able to use instead that do have easier to find battery eliminators. I just have to make sure they fit the stones. I just don't think they make 1.5"x 2" AAA battery powered votive candles as they're pretty small.

Last edited:
Sadly, I can't find that model even on the site he listed, but I do see some newer AA/AAA style votive candles that I might be able to use instead that do have easier to find battery eliminators. I just have to make sure they fit the stones.

Here is a direct link.

Here is a direct link.

I wonder why the search didn't turn it up. Anyway, thanks, but from what I'm reading I could still have an issue as the 2450 battery is a different size than 2032 (24mm wide and 5mm thick compared to 20mm and 3.2mm). The blank might work or it might not quite reach the terminals. I'm a bit leery of using aluminum foil or something to extend it.

Sorry, no idea what batteries you had. Mine were AA.
I see at least one candle with 2032 batteries (strike that; it says "now upgraded to 2450 as if that helps.... sigh). I guess I just need to find a matching candle/battery combination.

I'd love to be able to use the IJ display more often, but with the remote, they don't last long as they use power even when they're turned off, but without the remote option, I'd have to turn each candle on one at a time and I have them on the right side of the room for another display too. With the remote, I just point and press.

Is there any consensus about who makes/made the best grail diary? I'm not trying to stir up anything... just generally curious as I need to purchase one and need to decide to just purchase something available now or try to hold out for a Sarednab version or someone elses. I see a seller called "RedRommelMilitaria" sells them on ebay but I don't know how good they are. I could really use some input/advice here. Many thanks... dirtyharriet

Last edited:
I looked for a balance of quality versus price as the thing spends most of its time on a shelf closed. It might not be "aged" quite as well as some, but all the pages are there (some get a blank one for that type of display if it's not going to be opened).

The real prop had pages repeated. Some have filled in actual stories in-between to be more realistic as a diary. So again, it might depend on what you're looking for.

I spent the bigger bucks on things like the medallions (I've got both the RM and Sarednab versions and 10 more....), the breastplate (also Sarednab), the Sankara stones (remote light up ones), etc.

Is there any consensus about who makes/made the best grail diary? I'm not trying to stir up anything... just generally curious as I need to purchase one and need to decide to just purchase something available now or try to hold out for a Sarednab version or someone elses. I see a seller called "RedRommelMilitaria" sells them on ebay but I don't know how good they are. I could really use some input/advice here. Many thanks... dirtyharriet
After a deep dive on here and on other forums, mostly here and Club Obi-Wan, I found mostly negative reviews of the red Rommel one. Also, hers is a story diary and not a replica of the hero prop. You could always post on here or COW asking if anyone is selling a grail diary. I just sold my Sarednab about a week ago. It was great but even it had things that needed to be fixed or replaced. Holt makes the best one but it’s not going to be immediately available unless someone sells you one of theirs. If they do, expect to pay a massive premium.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back