Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition

I bought two costumes from Robin Hood 2018 this is my first main character costume really like it
IMG-20200625-WA0010.jpg

IMG_7674-s.jpg

My second to last most recent prop: Master and Commander flintlock, also used in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Foam stunt.

As it is foam I could get away with making a slim acrylic stand with only one connection to the base.

Just got this in! Original, set-used Jurassic Park /// Velociraptor skull CT scan slice, used in the Montana dig scene! Comes with COA from Premiere Props, which isn't worth the paper it's printed on, but I have good reason to believe the prop itself is authentic. I say "set-used" and not "screen-used" because while there's on screen-evidence that this prop could exist, I can't exactly screen-match it in the scene it'd be in.
mvxBYPT.png

3YGkVre.jpg

65gYfQd.jpg

N2otXRG.png

Here's my favorite screen used piece.

I was friends with Dr. Ray Giron for many years. He was a Civil War re-enactor, a teacher, and a good friend. I myself am a Medieval and Renaissance re-enactor, and we had deep conversations many times about the various wars, the reasons for the fights, tactics, etc. etc. He had a shop where he sold period uniforms (not just the Civil War, also every war from Vietnam on back to the Revolutionary), along with swords, belts, pouches, and just about anything you can imagine.

When he passed, I was given his stunt musket that he carried in the movie Gettysburg. It was cast in hard rubber, with some great paint work. It's said that he also used it for several other movies that he worked on. He founded the "Battle of Olustee" annual re-enactment, and attended all others that he could.

Ray was one of those guys that you really looked forward to meeting for lunch, or a picking trip, or just sitting at a campfire shooting the breeze. I miss him to this day. Here are some pictures, and a bit of history about him: "General" Ray Giron

If you watch "The making of Gettysburg" on youtube, he's in a short clip near the middle.

I found an awesome thread by a crewman on the film "Glory", where Ray is mentioned. The poster (OP) worked on the film (as did Ray, as a prop master and Civil War consultant), and has posted some fantastic "behind the scenes" stories and pictures. He talks about working with Matthew Broderick, Morgan Freeman, Cary Elwes, Denzel Washington, Andre Braugher, and more. It's a great read, you should check it out:

IMG-1440.jpg

IMG-1441.jpg

IMG-1442.jpg

IMG-1443.jpg

Last edited:
Here is one i got from Re-Imagined Battlestar Galactica. It’s a Intake Jet for Colonial Viper according to the label. According to the description it was seen one of the maintenance carts in the hangar pay near a Viper. Possible inlet for fuel feeding into the propulsion throttle assembly I guess. I got a few other items but I don’t feel like digging them out...L.
2606B49C-58A3-4728-AAD8-5E25434BF98E.jpeg

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to pick up a few Military related things lately, but things have been slow getting here. This one just came though- a screen matched uniform from "Blackhawk down" from one of the actors that portrayed Randy Shugart one of the snipers that ultimately gave their life (and was awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously). Matching up the camo "squiggle" on the collar and the upper right sleeve. Going frame by frame you can see there were several different uniforms used based on the changing camo patterns.

Attachments

• IMG_4971.JPG
    IMG_4971.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 130
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 123
Back so soon you say. I say that it never really stopped!
01EFF004-B0A7-4F8E-A4FA-91585ED0D73B.jpeg
BC9078DA-3619-411F-BFEE-0C39751D7D58.jpeg
09CFACCF-26DC-4D01-AC28-D1E3F41CC210.jpeg

Hammertech mines and case from Luke Cage
C50D5A9F-3F6E-44E3-8A5E-9675CA48E1A1.jpeg
43D74B12-B0A6-4CE5-B0EF-DB9891EDE5E0.jpeg

Jessica Jones I have no Spleen prototype and medical cards

image.jpg
This appears to be screen matched to the one Danny wears in Episode 1. The Eye holes were cut larger then painted black.

Attended (virtually) my first PropStore auction last week and got this Borg neural processor from Star Trek First Contact. It's not the hero prop (with red internal lighting) that Picard rips out of Ensign Lynch on the holodeck and plugs into his tricorder. It *might* be the one we see him show to Worf on the bridge, although some of the bits and bobs don't seem to screenmatch exactly (at least compared to my DVD copy of the movie). Or, it's another production-made version.

At any rate, it's a beautiful piece to have in the collection. I have fond memories of seeing First Contact on the big screen 24 (!) years ago.

Opening the box...
20200902_180118.jpg

Well-packed...
20200902_180153.jpg

Wrapped in cloth...
20200902_180424.jpg

"This was Ensign Lynch."
20200902_180540_e.jpg

376084_0.jpg

For display, I'd like to build a stand that has a red LED backlight to simulate what the hero prop does.

EDIT: Hmm...missing are "three small silver pieces" that were supposed to be part of the lot. Have contacted them to see if they forgot them by mistake.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back