D23 Announcement: The Neverending Story remake in 2024?

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATE: I just read this may be a rumor and not true.

What I read: “It is definitely NOT TRUE! Disney does not even own the rights to the story. They made no announcement of any sort at D23 and it’s not even listed as an upcoming project on IMDb for Charlize Theron.”

So I guess we need to see.

The NeverEnding Story' remake announced at D23 this weekend!

The remake will star Charlize Theron as the sorceress Xayide

No other casting has been announced or leaked as yet

The film Arrives in 2024
3E9A8D59-2E80-4EA4-89EE-C626C088A576.jpeg

Last edited:
Didn't they learn anything from part 2 and the direct to video part 3?

I know the original deviated from the book, but it's still an iconic movie. This is just more unimaginative corporate shenanigans.

But don't worry! They'll get Allen Openheimer involved to buy it some legitimacy. Attach a handful of other names tied to the original. The corporate playback is in full swing!

Not surprised. Not offended either. The original is a classic, and nothing they do here is going to change that for me. It will be good or it won't, we'll see.

UPDATE: I just read this may be a rumor and not true.

What I read: “It is definitely NOT TRUE! Disney does not even own the rights to the story. They made no announcement of any sort at D23 and it’s not even listed as an upcoming project on IMDb for Charlize Theron.”

So I guess we need to see.

Why? We're they just waiting for Wolfgang Peterson to die before announcing this?
No kidding.....but wouldn't be surprised..... Even with the update that this may be false news, you know SOME studio out there would do this....
Looking at you Universal waiting on Bob Gale & Robert Zemeckis passing..... (lets hope not though.....)

Heh. Forgetting that IMDb is user-edited and not a reliable source.
I know. But upon searching the internet, all I could find was that the rights for the franchise are the subject of a bidding war right now. So that would confirm Disney didn’t acquire them and couldn’t be already in production.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back