Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Update Jan 3, 2013**

Gotta few Other Q's Dark. Ummmm....
We gotta pad the Boots ourselves right? (Something to sit our feet on) I just came across that process. Also, How do ya use Garter Cloth/Strips? for the Flex? Is this even needed? will I be able to sit down in the suit when its completed? Note* its Foam. Without The garter? Anyone please Answer. :D

All (most) my reference pics are on my skydrive. Links in the first post.

Looks great!

Thanks, I've been checking those out a lot lately. But you mentioned something back in this thread that you were going on references that weren't really that accurate (particularly the kotobukiya model) for the V1 files. So which ones are the new references that were only used for the V2 files?

Progress on my IronMan Suit. Plastic coat applied.

The helmet actually is from SHARKMAN MK 6.

Enviado desde mi AT100 usando Tapatalk 2

What is the plastic coating you used?

Gotta few Other Q's Dark. Ummmm....
We gotta pad the Boots ourselves right? (Something to sit our feet on) I just came across that process. Also, How do ya use Garter Cloth/Strips? for the Flex? Is this even needed? will I be able to sit down in the suit when its completed? Note* its Foam. Without The garter? Anyone please Answer. :D

Some people pad their own boots and basically make a shoe out of foam and other people use an existing shoe and disguise it to look like an Iron Man boot.

The Ab flex system was designed for hard Ab sections. Since foam is flexible, it is not necessary on a foam build. I would suggest looking at STEALTH's video on how to rig an Iron Man suit. His YouTube channel is TheHeroTutorials.

Thanks, I've been checking those out a lot lately. But you mentioned something back in this thread that you were going on references that weren't really that accurate (particularly the kotobukiya model) for the V1 files. So which ones are the new references that were only used for the V2 files?

You should be able to tell. Pretty much anything there that isn't a picture of the Kotobukiya statue and that isn't an artist rendition of the suit. I have been using the more recent posters, some screencaps, the movie itself, and the images of the actual model from Josh Herman.

What is the plastic coating you used?

Hello, I'm using Epoxy Resin (Liquid Glass), it comes as two components (A-Resin and B-Hardener).

This plastic coating has the following features:

1) Cures to a Cristal Clear coating
2) Gives a thick and hard finish
3) The mix of components is 1:1 (Equal parts from resin and hardener)
4) Takes about 6 hours to cure

To apply it, I made some foam brushes (using craft foam parts and popsicle sticks)

It takes very little ammount of components to cover the helmet outside.

Note: I live in Colombia, to get this resin I went to a chemical supply store. Here is known as "Liquid Glass", "Twins Resin" (Resina Gemelos in spanish)

Look at this reference: http://senami-art.blogspot.com/2011/12/using-epoxy-resin-on-painting-to-get.html
Hope this helps you :)

Last edited:

Some people pad their own boots and basically make a shoe out of foam and other people use an existing shoe and disguise it to look like an Iron Man boot.

You should be able to tell. Pretty much anything there that isn't a picture of the Kotobukiya statue and that isn't an artist rendition of the suit. I have been using the more recent posters, some screencaps, the movie itself, and the images of the actual model from Josh Herman.

Okay, thanks Mike! Just making sure. :)

darkside501st;2681662]Some people pad their own boots and basically make a shoe out of foam and other people use an existing shoe and disguise it to look like an Iron Man boot.

The Ab flex system was designed for hard Ab sections. Since foam is flexible, it is not necessary on a foam build. I would suggest looking at STEALTH's video on how to rig an Iron Man suit. His YouTube channel is TheHeroTutorials.

Ok Cool... Thanks!

I'm curious how everyone is scaling the lower forearm. Do you want your hand to slip through comfortably? I'm confused about what to do since if I scale it to my upper forearm, I can't get my hand to fit through the wrist part of the lower forearm. Suggestions appritiated

I'm curious how everyone is scaling the lower forearm. Do you want your hand to slip through comfortably? I'm confused about what to do since if I scale it to my upper forearm, I can't get my hand to fit through the wrist part of the lower forearm. Suggestions appritiated
What Scale did u choose for yourself?

hey mike love the new mk7 helmet but im having trouble printing it out , now ive set my printer to landscape as all the peices are set that way even in a4 and its stil printing in landscape and and only on half of the page , also it keeps saying its un able to print the scale any chance you could help out with this ?

Currently my upper and lower forearm are scaled at 24.5. If it helps from my wrist to my elbow it's about 11"
Ok. Are u using Foam? I need to know because foam usually flexes so ur hand should go through. If the foam is to closed in for your hand to go through then You may have to cut a small vertical line in the lower forearm so It could go through. OR. you can use a bigger scale.. but U will have to modify the forearm, After I make a video on How to. ALSO, Are u using thick foam? (10mm)

Ok. Are u using Foam? I need to know because foam usually flexes so ur hand should go through. If the foam is to closed in for your hand to go through then You may have to cut a small vertical line in the lower forearm so It could go through. OR. you can use a bigger scale.. but U will have to modify the forearm, After I make a video on How to. ALSO, Are u using thick foam? (10mm)

I'm using card stock for the armor. I tried working with 6mm foam but I didn't have any success with it

I'm using card stock for the armor. I tried working with 6mm foam but I didn't have any success with it
Shoot... Umm.. Damn... Ok I dont know what to do w Cardstock.. sorry.. Your only option might be to start over the lower forearms w a bigger scale. Remember, There not accurate yet.

Thank you for the files! Going to pick up some card stock and start my first pep project this weekend. I am going to build a Mark VII helmet as a display piece.

hey darkside. do u have a pep file for the mark 7 brace?in foam? tnx

hey mike love the new mk7 helmet but im having trouble printing it out , now ive set my printer to landscape as all the peices are set that way even in a4 and its stil printing in landscape and and only on half of the page , also it keeps saying its un able to print the scale any chance you could help out with this ?

Man, I don't know what would be causing that issue. It doesn't sound like one of the settings. Maybe you need to call customer support on the program. Could be a glitch or something. You may want to try and uninstall the program and reinstall it first.

I have had issues with the program not printing everything that it was supposed to but reinstalling fixed it. I don't know what cause the problem though.

Shoot... Umm.. Damn... Ok I dont know what to do w Cardstock.. sorry.. Your only option might be to start over the lower forearms w a bigger scale. Remember, There not accurate yet.

Yes, go with a bigger scale for the lower forearm but if you have already built it then you could just add a strip of cardstock to the bottom from the wrist to the inner elbow area.

Thank you for the files! Going to pick up some card stock and start my first pep project this weekend. I am going to build a Mark VII helmet as a display piece.

Your welcome.

hey darkside. do u have a pep file for the mark 7 brace?in foam? tnx

Just use the Robo3687 Mk VI brace. Link in first post.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back