Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files **Update Jan 3, 2013**

Just use the Robo3687 Mk VI brace. Link in first post.[/QUOTE]

ok tnx

First build on my mark 7. Flaps done! next will be the back piece :D

I also have the same issue with the lower forearm being to small to get my big hand thru but remember that this is just paper not more- You can cut a peice out to slip to get your hand in and than velcro that peice back on - You can kind a triangle piece wider at the wrist area and taper towards the elbow / cut the pep and insert in. You can also just cut the forearm in half - and reassemble /// Its amazing what CGI can do that we ....well it just wont work - lol
Also I think it has been said before but I tried this and to save a brush over countless resin uses - go out and get a silicone turkey basting brush - the resin just peels right off once cured and the brush is ready to go again.

I just printed out the helmet at full scale and obviously I will need to go smaller but how does this helmet need to fit? How far should the eye holes rest from your eyes? How far should the back of the helm be from the back of your head? At the standard scale, I can put on and pull off the helmet with ease, might even fall off right off if I tilted far enough forward.

Just asking so I do not have to print out 15 more test helms.

You really don't need the part of the brace that surrounds the arc reactor. The top part of it connects the chest to the back and it has a sort of collar and part of the lower neck/spine.
Ohh Ok. Where is the link to them again?

Looks great! The scales you posted on the fist page, does that apply only for these files? I just downloaded the files for the mark 3 and didn't know if these scale numbers apply to the mark 7 files.

Also in just want to say the V1 files are AMAZING! By far the most detailed files in have very seen. I had ever intention to don't he mark 6 suit until I found these files. I'm kinda nervous about doing something more detailed but hey, in the end it is totally worth the work.

Sent from my Andriod using Tapatalk 2

Somebody help me.

If my head is 23". What helmet scale should I use? .95, .99 or 1.0 ?

Thanks for the help.

Somebody help me.

Thanks for the help.

I've read somewhere in this thread that Sharkmark 110% for a person with a 24" head. I have a 24" head and I found the scale too large. I would try 1.0 with the tester helmet.

is it just me or is the mark 7 helmet foam file doesn't open on pepakura?

Looks great! The scales you posted on the fist page, does that apply only for these files? I just downloaded the files for the mark 3 and didn't know if these scale numbers apply to the mark 7 files.

No, the scale guide I posted will only work for my Mk VII and Robo3687's Mk IV/VI files. To my knowledge nobody else has made a suit with this same scale.

So has anymore version 2 files been released besides the helmet?

Please read the update on the fist post of my thread for more information.

Also in just want to say the V1 files are AMAZING! By far the most detailed files in have very seen. I had ever intention to don't he mark 6 suit until I found these files. I'm kinda nervous about doing something more detailed but hey, in the end it is totally worth the work.

Thanks, I am glad you like it. I think that most people would prefer to add the panel lines in afterwards... in the finishing stage. I will be making the rest of the V2 files the same way I did the helmet.

Somebody help me.

Thanks for the help.

I would try the .95. Build the tester helmet and see how it fits. If you need it slightly larger then I can make one in a .96 or .97.

is it just me or is the mark 7 helmet foam file doesn't open on pepakura?

You will not be able to open in Pepakura Designer. Please read the update in the first post for more information.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to thank Keven Skywalker for being a big supporter of my work and for his contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will get the 2 months early access to the V2 files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
No, the scale guide I posted will only work for my Mk VII and Robo3687's Mk IV/VI files. To my knowledge nobody else has made a suit with this same scale.

Please read the update on the fist post of my thread for more information.

Thanks, I am glad you like it. I think that most people would prefer to add the panel lines in afterwards... in the finishing stage. I will be making the rest of the V2 files the same way I did the helmet.

I would try the .95. Build the tester helmet and see how it fits. If you need it slightly larger then I can make one in a .96 or .97.

You will not be able to open in Pepakura Designer. Please read the update in the first post for more information.

I would like to thank Keven Skywalker for being a big supporter of my work and for his contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will get the 2 months early access to the V2 files.

I just realized how badly typed my second message was, i'm sorry. I was at work and doing it on my phone and didn't reread it.

Darkside501st, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I have the full pepakura Designer unlocked. I'm sure with how big your list of people that have/are helping, you probably don't need much more help but my offer will stand if you do.

Sent from Andriod

I don't mean to spam this thread so forgive me (I work night shift so I tend to post when not many other people are online). Anyways, I was looking at the helmet file and I noticed that some grooves are just colored grey instead of actually indented grooves. For instance the checks and the line going from the eyes to the back of the head. Am I wrong that they are not actual grooves? If not what exactly am I expected to do if I want those grooves? grind it down with a dremel later in the process? thanks for the help.

Downloaded the new helmut and it looks fantastic! Very well done! You have a paypal so I can show you support?

Darkside501st, Can I assist you in Certain parts that need Reviewing? Il upload examples later on when Im finished but. There are a few parts of the mark 7 that need redoing. Il have a picture's up later on :D U can use my help for the V2 Files if ya like?

IMG-20130113-00473_zps61381f7d.jpg

IMG-20130113-00474_zps8c965adf.jpg

Last edited:

^^ Thanks for the tip. I was having problems with the scales myself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back