Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Does everyone not already have those? Seriously? And you call yourselves studio scale modellers?

:rolleyes

:p
:behave

Simon has seriously given me the best entertainment I've had all week over these pics, today, but I'll spare his blushes. Unless he wants to confess, and then I'll point and laugh. Loudly. :D

Not that! Anything but that!!!!! Well, almost anything. Big boy.

Unfortunately these pics are embargoed, I believe. I've been mulling over whether or not to respect that given that the person selling them is also selling a bunch of my photos, amongst other pics by various usual suspects, on the same disc. Leaning towards '**** that for a game of soldiers', but I'll probably take another couple of months to make up my mind.

Then again, having seen 'em I can say they're not THAT desirable anyway. Monochrome, not a long lens, rather 'casual' placement of the rule and they have some DOF issues - a very narrow field depth, so a heck of a lot is OOF. IMO they're definitely more useful to Star Wars modellers than anyone else.

Rather than crap on the pics Martyn, or speculate on embargoes, can you and the other guys chill for a second? I am HAPPY to share these with builders (in other words ALL OF YOU GUYS) - always have been and always will be. This Vegetarian Jr guy came out of nowhere with pics of a privately-held Y-Wing that I am hoping are period pics, as opposed to the contemporary photo survey I have of the model as it exists today.

I guess it serves me right for posting the preview publicly to see if I can drum up interest in a trade - I've learned my lesson and will take this type of stuff to clandestine PM like the old days. Better?

:thumbsdown

Jason, I've sat on my hands for several months on this already. You can take it as read that I'm not crapping on your trade...that's what "I'll probably take another couple of months to make up my mind" was meant to signify. :lol:behave

Sorry if I was too cryptic, lol.

I have no ****ing idea what you're trying to say, sigh.

I'm just trying to build these things as accurately as possible, and not step in the dog **** while doing so. Coy posts makes it hard to see where we're all stepping.

Good ol' internet. Most conversations come off like a bull in a china shop. Unless you use emoticons! :)

PS: that was pretty much all a joke

Jason, I'm gonna chalk this up to you having had a bad day or something mate. I was saying I'm not going to **** on your trade. Read 'another couple of months' as 'indefinitely', already, wouldja? :D That's how I meant it. Your trade isn't the only reason but it's the one I (mistakenly) thought would be read from my sardonic remark. Edit - every so often I have some moment where I really seem to be unable to make myself clear and it looks like this is one of them, so to go for total overkill; here's the angle: if I'd held my peace this long, why would I act at a moment like this? Not at all sure I'm pissed enough to ever do so; for now a bit of mild griping is enough.

*Obviously* we're all hoping you get the Y stuff. Even if it never gets released we'll still likely benefit in the form of derivatives at some point! (To forestall any further confusion, by this I mean I am assuming any useful research materials which fall into your hands will eventually result in better and more accurate painting and decal guides. Yes I know you got that one. I am teasing again. What are you doing, man? Put down that knife!!!) :p

Has the chap responded, btw?

Last edited:

It boggles my mind that you have put this about of research in to find all those individual parts. You are a dedicated man! Very impressed!

Ok guy's , can anyone give me the angle of the mandibles? Also the distance from the 312 to the start OT the wankel. I'm stuck on the iPhone at the mo but I've picked up some foam to start a mockup of the mandibles.

Thanks simon.

Mate, you're going to need the ALF chassis rails and the Sheridan to nail that down.

Hi Chaps,

The small purple parts are from the Nichimo Jagdtiger. See Studioscale for sprue picks. These actually sit on the sprue right next to the blue barrell support noted in the pic.

I think the green part is from the ESCI 1/9 BMW 75 motorbike which is already used alot across the engine deck.

Hope that helps. I will catch up properly with you guys on this at some point next year when I can get a chance! :confused

Cheers
Nick

Can anyone help me with this parts?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It does look like one of the R75 bits.

Hey, the 1/24 Bandai King Tiger parts. Are all of them also found in the 1/24 Panther G?

Anyone have any thoughts on which small-scale panzer we're chasing here? (Pic courtesy ss.com/Frank Wire)

Hi guys
Simon, the distance from the beginning of the mandible to the end of the Wenkel engine gives me 27,306"

Thanks for the measurement Rod. Don't knownwhat that blue part is from as yet. But if I got it I'll let ya know.

I couldn't find the part in the Honda F1. And, I looked for it in a big-scale kit of the tank because I had thought that this had a little complex shape for the wheel of F1. It seemed was. I'm not sure. What do you think ,Nick ?
(See pics.)

Going back a ways here...

Looks to me like the sprocket wheel and F1 parts might actually be set rather high, which would suggest the right-hand version of the Centurion wheel was the one used...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back