Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Awesome work guys. I will be glad to help out as well.
The 5 footer is a dream I would like to see completed. I managed to score 2 complete Sealab kits this week (one parts loose in the box but complete and one parts still on sprues in original bags complete):lol. Also a complete Aurora Munitions carrier kit (with the plow) and will mold and cast parts from both these kits for this project.

Congrats on the two Sealabs. I did see a Sealab on Ebay that finished recently which sold for quite a large sum. Wish I had the money to get one of these.

Which parts are needed for the falcon from the carrier? I know the plow and I will make several molds of that so I can cast 20 at a time.

Welcome mate, glad to have you aboard.
I'm in for some M8 ploughs if you do them, keep us posted.

I saw those Sealabs & thought about bidding, but sooo many others I want instead. Congrats though on the wins.
Stu

Anyone know the disc thinghy with the rivets that sits on the Bandai panther part?

ca241134.jpg
[/IMG]

Simon, not offhand but have a rummage in F1 bits I'd say.

BTW don't bother with the Flak38 or Panther bits for the inside detail plate for the jaws - they're only on the lower one, which has been cut up as part of the modifications for adding the landing lights, so not correct for Star Wars.

Nick, some of the M23 tie rods are re-used a lot, including at spots on a couple of maps you've already done - see pics following. Be careful because you only get four of these in one M23 kit and you need four of them separated and cleaned up, *and* another four still attached to their own sprues for the docking tunnel, so don't cut them free for that application...

Yeah that bottom jaw has had me wondering. It's looks chopped. Didn't realise it was that different but it makes sense. Cast up a few more pieces at the weekend. These are all just for mock ups so I don t ruin the original pieces for the final build.

2a522b62.jpg
[/IMG]

Another M23 part.
Pic shows that the base is again a part from the M23 of which 4 other parts from the M23 are added. This base part is used alot, at least 4 of, 1 on the starboard side mandible wall & 2 on the top plates of the walkways.

Stu

Last edited:

Simon, they chopped the middle out of the front panel of the jaw and the corners out of the inner panel, I think. All held together with socket heads now and looks a bit ropey IMO. :(

Correct Stu, the square pieces some of the F1 wheels sit on are also M23 parts, not sure that's been noted on a map as yet, couldn't find one last night anyway.

Has that eBay M23 sprue seller shown up lately? I got multiples of two sprues and it's most of what I need, but don't have the wheels.

Is the oil cooler (?) from the 1/12 JPS III the right one for the sides of the engine panel? Looks correct as best as I can see but I noted the doubts above about these parts.

Ha, just scored an M8 at half the usual cost! I would like to gang mould the entire vector flap panel - AS a vector flap panel, fully assembled, I mean. Bit of a fantasy there unfortunately; it would take a vac setup and 12 more M8 kits; I don't really want to make casts of casts.

Simon, they chopped the middle out of the front panel of the jaw and the corners out of the inner panel, I think. All held together with socket heads now and looks a bit ropey IMO. :(

Correct Stu, the square pieces some of the F1 wheels sit on are also M23 parts, not sure that's been noted on a map as yet, couldn't find one last night anyway.

Has that eBay M23 sprue seller shown up lately? I got multiples of two sprues and it's most of what I need, but don't have the wheels.

Is the oil cooler (?) from the 1/12 JPS III the right one for the sides of the engine panel? Looks correct as best as I can see but I noted the doubts above about these parts.

Thanks Simon, Martyn. You guys are rockin on the jaw boxes, wicked stuff!.:)

Yeah Martyn, I have those square pieces on my engine deck layout, the bottom 4 have these parts, while the top 2 don't. They aren't noted as yet on the parts maps.

I'm looking out for that M23 sprue seller, will need a few more certain sprues. Broke into another complete one over the weekend, which is complete no more. He only has a few sprues of which I don't need at the mo unfortunately.

I haven't as yet ID those radiator parts, nothing seems to match, looking at kit scans, will have to continue the search:cry

Nice score on the M8 mate, I still haven't got one for a good price, the search continues.
Stu

Here's a pic of the M23 part on the mandible side wall.
Also found these parts from the Centurion found on the rear underside.
Stu

Hey, I have some bits from a scrapped 1/8 (I think) M-23 or similar Ford-engined car in my stash and showed them to Simon tonight. Inherited them from some local mate years ago. I think the Falcon uses some. Is this a rare kit?

pic removed because panties were twisted

Last edited:

Jason, it would be much more fun and cool if you posted them individually rather than as a set, cant quite see the details in this shot? Can you re do it to get rid of the reflection on your Kindle? :lol

Kindle? KINDLE?!?!

Hey, I'm trying to get Y-Wing pics outta this - hang tight ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back