Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Yes, Julien is right. It is from a sprue that is the same in many Bandai 1/48 german tanks. I got that part from the Bandai JagdPanther 1/48 which is a donnor kit for the rear acces bay, you've got the whole hull of the JagdPanther there.

Rod, the panther/jagdpanther part is slighty different (but I used it on my master because I was not wanting buying the tiger only for this part). The Tiger I is, I believe the correct part, if someone could post a pic of the kit, that'd be great !

Ha I knew I'd seen em. Right next to the part for the middle of the top jaw. Bandai panther g. Thanks guy's.

A little off topic, but could this part have anything to do with the x-wing cannon supports we can't ID yet?

Thanks Simon!
Thanks Julien for that tip! I hadn't realised there was a little difference, you are absolutely right mate:thumbsup

You need the Tiger 1 anyway for the mantlet in the maintenance pit.

I figured the P-51 parts were P-51 the moment Simon posted his pic. He bought the kit today, lol...

Blue parts are yellow/tan "in the flesh". I figure armour. Need some Nichimo 1/35 Elefant bits for there too.

Last edited:

Been on the trail of the vintage car again. Still no joy. I think the windscreen part is around 3.5-4" long, which makes it bigger than 1/25. 1/12 maybe so I went looking among the 1/12 late 30s kits. Nothing.

A little off topic, but could this part have anything to do with the x-wing cannon supports we can't ID yet?

I think it might be, but I haven't found out to what kit does that part on the Y-Wing belong to.

Last edited:

You need the Tiger 1 anyway for the mantlet in the maintenance pit.

I figured the P-51 parts were P-51 the moment Simon posted his pic. He bought the kit today, lol...

Blue parts are yellow/tan "in the flesh". I figure armour. Need some Nichimo 1/35 Elefant bits for there too.

Got it, barrel lock from Nichimo 1/35 JagdTiger, cut in half.

http://studioscale.com/images/Kit P...5 JagdTiger/nichimo 1-35 jagdtiger parts2.jpg

Thanks Jay/ss.com...

Last edited:

Don't think so Scott , that's been on the y-wing kits for years.

Yes, that's the point I was trying to make: it might be the same part on the Y as on the X. But what is it from? I've no point of size reference, so it's hard to judge if it'd fit on the X cannon mount.

That mount for the X cannon always looked to me like the spacer part you find on a panzer III gun mantlet, but it'd have to be about 1/15 scale to be that part. It's what you see in the tamiya panzer III M/N kit, but it'd have to be twice the size.

Sorry to derail again, but maybe there's something found here. Maybe I should just post this pic and all this in an X parts thread.

I love the look of the 5ft Falcon and wish I could have one myself, or at least be actively involved in building one. However, since I have neither the skill or finances I have to watch you guys have all the fun.

Anyway, at the very least I'd like to contribute something if it hasn't already been identified. This part is the coolant tank from Bandai's 1/24 Messerschmitt

Yes, that's the point I was trying to make: it might be the same part on the Y as on the X. But what is it from? I've no point of size reference, so it's hard to judge if it'd fit on the X cannon mount.

That mount for the X cannon always looked to me like the spacer part you find on a panzer III gun mantlet, but it'd have to be about 1/15 scale to be that part. It's what you see in the tamiya panzer III M/N kit, but it'd have to be twice the size.

Sorry to derail again, but maybe there's something found here. Maybe I should just post this pic and all this in an X parts thread.

Is this what ya mean Scott?

71a1c856.jpg
[/IMG]

Awesome work guys. I will be glad to help out as well.
The 5 footer is a dream I would like to see completed. I managed to score 2 complete Sealab kits this week (one parts loose in the box but complete and one parts still on sprues in original bags complete):lol. Also a complete Aurora Munitions carrier kit (with the plow) and will mold and cast parts from both these kits for this project.

Which parts are needed for the falcon from the carrier? I know the plow and I will make several molds of that so I can cast 20 at a time.

I also know on the carrier the side "wood" railing parts is on the top sides of the Sandcrawler so I might as well mold those parts as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back