Large Scale Spinner Kit progress??

Two words...Too Big.

:eek:eek:eek

Shut your mouth! There is no such thing as 'too big' in studio scale, Marigold!

:lol:lol:lol

Seriously though; does anyone think a 1/6 scale version would be worth pursuing? Granted, it is not strictly studio scale as far as a direct copy of the flimed model, but it does qualify as a 'studio scale size' model.

Anyone interested?

I always wanted to see a good 1/6-scale model of the Police Spinner, particularly since the materials for a great custom sixth-scale Deckard are readily available. Gaff would be a bit more work, but certainly do-able.

I've been looking for a new model project.

Anybody got good Spinner plans?

I could master a 1/6th or SS kit.

It's the research and plans that seem to take forever.

Ok, sadly that means there is a studio scale kit that will never see the light of day.

BTW, who is the builder??

This Spinner is the one made by Ian H isn't it?

He isn't a board member but his good friend ansonjames is if it is I think they may be casting it up this summer. I will PM Anson and find out.

Cheers Chris.

that thing was magnificent!
I had thought about doing a 1/6th scale Spinner for some time but right now my dance card is full.
so if anyone wants reference,I have most of the Japanese publications .
I would be willing to send shots via email contact me at predictamike@yahoo.com
I also have access to a full equipped casting shop with a large roto casting machine to do the kits so if your only a pattern maker we can produce the parts also.
MSL

yep, thats the builder..

Cool. I thought it was Ian's.

I got the chance to see his Spinner when I visited him a fair while ago when I was living in Ireland and photographs do not do it justice. He had also stratch built some other huge SW models that were just superb he is a talented guy (not sure if they were studio scale though). I have since moved back to Scotland so not much chance of another visit for a while anyway.

I am almost certain this Spinner also lit up as well if my memory serves me correctly.

I PM'd Anson to check if they were casting it or not but haven't heard back yet. If I hear anything I will let you know and more than likely Anson will chime in if anything is happening :)

Cheers Chris.

Cool. I thought it was Ian's.

I got the chance to see his Spinner when I visited him a fair while ago when I was living in Ireland and photographs do not do it justice. He had also stratch built some other huge SW models that were just superb he is a talented guy (not sure if they were studio scale though). I have since moved back to Scotland so not much chance of another visit for a while anyway.

I am almost certain this Spinner also lit up as well if my memory serves me correctly.

I PM'd Anson to check if they were casting it or not but haven't heard back yet. If I hear anything I will let you know and more than likely Anson will chime in if anything is happening :)

Cheers Chris.

Most definately lighted..and oh so nice!

octo4007.jpg

midnov03006.jpg

NOVMODELSHOTS03009.jpg

I still haven't heard back from Anson I am sure he mentioned they would work on it during the summer. I will try to give him a phone and find out for sure.

Cheers Chris.

So again, any news?

It would also be nice to know what scale it is and if figures were made for it.

Thanks.

I have had some family issues so I haven't been around.
At this time the spinner's been taken apart and re-done, Ian saw some bits that needed improving and he's remade quite a lot of the boom area.
I think the idea is to change the profile of the back of it and make a better canopy.
We have access to a CNC machine now too
The good news is that he will take moulds of it in the future.
In the mean time here a couple of youtube videos of it - the video is pretty ropey quality wise but the clips will give you a good idea of what it's like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZvRWLRpMmU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFeP9WpBxYg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6767NaKA5g

All the best -
Anson

Those video's are just amazing.
It really comes to life when lit up.

thank you soo much for posting this amazing project.
Respect to the model makers on this spinner masterpiece.

cheers

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back