Large Scale Spinner Kit progress??

we-re-not-worthy-waynes-world-o.gif

I should point out that there are actually several people assisting Randy with research into the Spinner. I've put together a little CD of the stuff I have - that I've gotten from former BR crew people (with their consent) and have talked to Randy about the various versions that were made for the film. (We're trying to establish a timeline of what got built and when.) Randy has also mentioned contributions from a few others. So, it is a team effort.

To the best of everyone's knowledge the 44" hero Spinner wound up in Paris. (Still scratching our heads on how, though.) The 15" Spinner, which did have lights (just not as many), and did the bulk of the filming chores, has vanished. The 4" model was built but not used. (Recasts abound on E-bay and at model shows.) And the 1.5" Spinners, while OK for film, look really crude in person. There are variants - some were built with the lasers, some without. Makes me open to the idea that there was more than one intermediate sized model or a study model.

Hopefully, by the time Randy get his master done, I'll have had a chance to talk to the EEG guys about it and get the stories straight.......

Anyways, it's nice to see a bunch of people coming together and providing info to someone as talented as Randy is. Really looking forward to this.

Gene

Stunning pics. Spinner has always been a favorite ever since the first time I saw the movie and Cooper's site has some great looking kits for sale. (Not Spinners, other kits... don't get crazy...)

Its tentative.

But...Might be building 6 to put 3 on ebay.

1/6 Scale with full electronics and figures.

No kits. Dont ask.

Start it after my current run of "Stuff"

This is an answer to a question I have been struggling with since the beginning of this project.

Doing the 1/6 scale has always bothered me since the actual SS was 1/4 scale. I personally wanted the 1/6, but I know that purists want the "Paris" size.

BTW, is there any chance of getting a copy of the info that Cooper is getting?

Curiosity bump.

Any updates from Randy Cooper? I checked his site but it doesn't seem there's been much progress on the Spinner.

I realize he was away from his shop working on a film but thought that wrapped a few months ago.

Thanks,

Ted.

Our very own GKvfx recently provided Randy with a veritable treasure trove of previously unreleased images and blueprints. Having seen the reference in question I can assure you Randy has all the images/ blueprints he needs to knock this one out of the park.

I am the person who Randy refers in its webpage that sent him a cd full of reference pics and the blueprints scaled down to 1/12, infact the blueprints that appear on his webpage are the ones I sent! It is good to know he is getting even more refence from more colaborators, you can never have enough to build the best replica!

BTW, I'll be more that happy to swap spinner reference with anyone interested! :D

I believe Randy's still working on a show.

The good news is he tends to crank out his garage kits in short order, so I'd expect to see a Spinner kit before year's end.

Spinner44, thanks for sharing all of that with Randy. I just wish I had something to swap with you as I'm always interested in Spinner info.

And Carson, glad to know Randy is still on the show. And you're right about his speed. I should look at this time as 'saving pennies' time. Although, this kit will be worth every one of them.

Ted.

Spinner reference.

We have pics of the full size one. Might be stuff you already have.
Happy to trade..shoot an email and Ill send a sample or two.

I am the person who Randy refers in its webpage that sent him a cd full of reference pics and the blueprints scaled down to 1/12, infact the blueprints that appear on his webpage are the ones I sent! It is good to know he is getting even more refence from more colaborators, you can never have enough to build the best replica!

BTW, I'll be more that happy to swap spinner reference with anyone interested! :D

This is an answer to a question I have been struggling with since the beginning of this project.

Doing the 1/6 scale has always bothered me since the actual SS was 1/4 scale. I personally wanted the 1/6, but I know that purists want the "Paris" size.

BTW, is there any chance of getting a copy of the info that Cooper is getting?

1/6 Is large enough.
I cant imagine where I would even PUT a 1/4 Scale.

Our project is starting with a CG File. So...it could be scaled up.
However, we decided to go with the 1/6.

1/6 Is large enough.
I cant imagine where I would even PUT a 1/4 Scale.

Ditto! It'd be, what, about 3'9" long? Not far off a couple of feet wide? The sheer footprint of the thing is so big in that scale. You'd almost have to hang it from a ceiling.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back