Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Anyone seen one of these yet (Ben Ten Tech Blaster Gun)?
Interested to know what sort of size it is? Looks like it might be a bit of fun to paint up!!!

ben10wp.jpg

Roughneckone:cool

I'm going to seek this out immediately.

Edit: It's really small but it would still be pretty fun to paint up!

Anyone seen one of these yet (Ben Ten Tech Blaster Gun)?
Interested to know what sort of size it is? Looks like it might be a bit of fun to paint up!!!

ben10wp.jpg

Roughneckone:cool

This looks cool! I also saw a transformers blaster that was bad ass, but also 30.00 or so. Do I need another project gun? Hehe

Hey guys just had a PM and wanted to quickly clear something up. When I posted and mentioned my gun earlier I really didn't mean for it sound like "hey look at my mod everyone" I simply meant it as a thank you fron EVERYONE whose posted their mods so far for the praise we've recieved. I didnt mean it to sound big headed at all. Hopefully you all get what I'm trying to say?
:confused

JA I think its too late about the cult :lol and thanks for the kind words guys it means a lot :)

For sure and don't worry, I got your meaning and I'm sur most everyone did :)

Bonus photo! Just did some work on the barrel last night

3b433515.jpg

These guns are incredible. Did a Longstrike for a costume earlier this year, but am now a little humbled to share it.

Don't be humble, post it up. I'm sure everyone here will agree that it's always nice to see other peoples work. We need more people posting their paint jobs.

For me personally I find every picture inspiring.

I agree, we all started at some level and through practice we get better (hopefully).

I've been dealing with a swarm of Christmas orders so I'll have new photos up soon :)

Wow, this thread's just jamming along! I love that Praxis, JohnsonArms- just the right style for caution stripes, I'll have to try that out if I do any more green-and-black paints. Speaking of which....

nerfg8.jpg

My favorite, the Alpha Trooper! With a Raider stock added. 18-round drum and foregrip pump make this a very satisfying and reliable clip-fed blaster. Get yours at Target today!

nerfg7.jpg

Okay, this isn't new, I just added a yellow stripe, and wrapped the grip with some olive green ribbon I found lying around. I like it better. Also I should mention the ribbed tubing on the stock is just electrical wire sheath.

But check out THIS baby...
nerfg9.jpg

I didn't bother to paint the ammo belt, I wanted to make sure it didn't have any excuses to jam (plus the belt is grey anyway so it looks fine). Still runs sweet!

nerfg91.jpg

I did paint the ammo box though. The dirt is just black paint stippled on and dabbed with paper towel. I'm also getting better at the silver Sharpie metal chip effect.

nerfg92.jpg

The business end came out nice. This was a pain to mask, but worth it. The metal parts are sprayed bronze, then edged with silver sharpie again.

I'm also working on some nifty black "Body Armor" for the kids this Xmas. It's turning out nice, I'll have to make myself a set too! See it here:
http://www.therpf.com/f11/ironhands-random-gun-theatre-82438/index2.html#post2043136

See if you can guess the materials used, heh heh...

Happy modding,

=I=

Just went through the whole thread. What an amazing collection you guys have put together...now looking at a Longshot...lol...but the way I work, I would cut it up into little pieces and reassemble....Takes forever.

Awesome work Ironhand, I see all the little custom things you did and I like 'em a lot. The yellow really pops against the green, I'm glad you like it enough to give it a go next time!

Katana, thanks for taking the time to peruse the thread. That is dedication, my friend! I hope you'll chop that LS up when you get the chance :)

See if this link works, I finally posted another video showing some stuff you've seen, but a bunch of new kits that I'll be working on shortly :)

Johnson Arms Update - HALO - Steampunk - Firefly - Star Trek - YouTube

PKD from Blade Runner, still a favorite of mine. Prepped by John Sahlke here on the RPF. He's also the owner and requested a stainless steel finish

d0aaf9cb.jpg

1c0db4cf.jpg

89a6cca5.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I had to use the phone for photos this week, my computer decided to take a crap on me ;)

Just a jumble of stuff, I'll keep the finished photos for the good camera. Some of guns were in the video I linked a few days back, but hopefully the photos will still be interesting

Here's the new resin guns as well as a few nerf elements. The halo pistols are from Dogwizard here on RPF. Lee Keegan made the ODST Silenced Pistol and I'm not sure about Link's Pistol. It has a LARGE neodymium magnet recessed in the handle for use with leg armor that held the gun. That had to look awesome! The custom 1911 firefly prop was from another member here as well. Buy quality, says I :)

0ee25cec.jpg

f8a1fabb.jpg

9545b6d4.jpg

This firefly was practice to be honest, but it's starting to look kinda cool so I'm working on it when I have time. The braided wire is my favorite part, maybe because the color is really eye-popping versus the rest of the gun. It shouldn't stand out so much once the rest of the detail is added

ee4bfd7e.jpg

More work on the deply/longshot mashup. Still working on the trigger guard

6c08e013.jpg

Dr Who Flashlight

24204d13.jpg

e3469443.jpg

7b9359ca.jpg

Some of Bad Wolf's commissioned guns

b23c5057.jpg

Left-field project, but those sometimes come out interesting if nothing else :)

5b85e033.jpg

and stuff I'm too tired to write about atm, but maybe interesting to someone, heh

ece6b76d.jpg

c4bc5c7e.jpg

4ea04eaa.jpg

473f4ba2.jpg

12ade975.jpg

These are the first 2 I've done. Still trying to get the hang of the 'aged painting' thing. Any tips would be awesome.

Sawed-off Buzz Bee shotgun [not happy with the painting on this one, but it was my guinea pig] & a Cap Gun pistol

IMG_2244.jpg

These are the first 2 I've done. Still trying to get the hang of the 'aged painting' thing. Any tips would be awesome.

Sawed-off Buzz Bee shotgun [not happy with the painting on this one, but it was my guinea pig] & a Cap Gun pistol

IMG_2244.jpg

As solely a fan of the genre, not a practitioner, I want to say it's a good start, keep practicing!

Awesome!!! I found a picture of the one I made before it was painted so you can see all of the separate parts used. It turns out that they no longer make the longshot. So finding an end from one to make more of these is gonna be tricky. I can't wait to see your finished product. :]

I too was quite taken with it, and did a version of my own. Alas that I only have a terrible pay-as-you-go cell phone for a camera (and a ceiling lamp for lighting ), but I wanted to get some photos of my build before I fly out for the holidays.

I was very taken with JohnsonArm's first WIP image but when I got the parts in hand, I felt it was a little nose-heavy, so with some chopping and splicing, I decided on this:

photo0123y.jpg

photo0112e.jpg

You can't make much of it out, but it's got a four-tone paint job consisting of flat black, satin black, graphite-rubbed black and dullkote-coated graphite, with weathering courtesy of a silver sharpie. I guess it doesn't have enough contrast to photograph well, but it looks decent enough in person.

photo0124o.jpg

photo0122fo.jpg

There's a couple LEDs wedged under the crosshairs for that sci-fi tactical light effect.

photo0119rj.jpg

Awesome job Anubis! I wanted to see how that would look and you did a bangup job! :)

The Rayven is listed in walmarts inventory list, but no ship dates. SOON MY FRIEDNS. Soooon! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back