Nerf Gun Props? YES!

You'll be surprised at what you can do with limited supplies and space. I did most of my work in my one bedroom apartment before I bought my house. Now I have a Man Cave :D

lol. I have a family of 3 living in a space smaller than the closet of my old place. Not to mention the cost of decent spray paint here. Korea is not a particularly efficient D-I-Y society. It's also incredibly expensive here. Nah, I'll wait.

Great stuff Brit! You know I like those styles for sure and the work is very clean :) I started on a dining room table and now have about 20x30 across two units. One finished as an office space and the other is a spray an storage area for now until I get to the next sized shop space :)

Computer has been down so sorry not much in the way of new photos. I'm also seein a lot more requests for the "real" prop gun replicas and for the amount of work they are versus the NERF guns, it's hard to not take the jobs. I'll post them as soon as I can, but check the blog because I can send directly from my phone which has allowed me to update there more. Same with my twitter :) whew hobbies are WORK sometimes hehe

@johnsonarms
Johnsonarms.wordpress.com

Finally made some wall racks in the painting room
e9a47bc5.jpg

Some cast resin props. Mal's pistol just has a bit more to go
c42aac80.jpg

6d5d96e4.jpg

58dbf359.jpg

Got some time to spend on the Praxis. The stock will be done tonight
e9dc5f49.jpg

A more militaristic theme on a Lanard X8
50c03769.jpg

This airzone still has a long way to go
436725b6.jpg

And a few more of the things for this week...
7e7f8b2a.jpg

Let me know if I can work on a kit or NERF for ya, I'm always ready for a new challenge :)

I've seen that brand new Nerf Bullpup or whatever they call it at Target in force. Check your stores that got cleaned out - they are restocking. $35 isn't bad, as it retails at $29.99.

Also, I'd LOVE more in progress pics of the Nerf Pulse rifle! It's my dream project, so if you can show me how, I'll build my own :)

I found some at Target as well. They are now sold out. Odd timing huh? :) they said they should have more in after the 1st. Very cool looking in person

My first attempt at a custom nurf. I did the barrel drop, stretched the spring and removed the air restrictors. Also attached the sight with a working laser crosshair. And I swear I did not see BritNerfMogul's maverick till now, crazy how it's almost exactly the same LOL

408475_274064649318436_100001447091141_766967_647583061_n.jpg

Updated pic, I wraped the handle with athletic tape, then stained it brown with watered down acrylic. Kinda looks like suede
0101121742a_249604.jpg

Last edited:
I was at Goodwill yesterday looking for clothing with my woman friend. We were in the shoes, and I looked down because something bright colored was on the rack. I found a Longshot scope laying there for a buck. :lol

Considering I've wanted a scope, but not the gun for quite some time, I snatched it up! :D

Edit - Also, I recently found the front end of a Longshot in a trailer that some of my family's renters had left behind. So now I have the shotgun attachment for my "not-a-pulse-rifle". :lol :D

Here's the thing.

I'm currently in need of an original carbine design for a production I'm involved with.

These things look great.

The problem is, well, they're nerf guns, and everyone knows they're nerf guns. Bah!

Hfuy,

That never stopped Terra Nova...

Or Firefly from recycling every 20th century firearm that was on the lot for their "space" show...

It should be fine if you use the Stampede with a little touch-up work (maybe add a cosmetic cover over the sides of the main body just above the grip and the magazine). And adding a non-Nerf sight really helps make it feel more "real" (and maybe a sling too...). Sights like the one on Xoliul's gun go for about $10 or so on eBay.

Just out of interest.

How much do you folks pay for a Nerf Stampede over there? I'm in the UK, widely referred to in the global consumer-goods trade as "treasure island" for the ridiculous prices paid for imported products.

Such as nerf guns.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back