New Abrams Trek Tunic

Here's a quick look at the pants.

Not sure what's up with the strip of material above the knee and is that some kind of seam below the knee as well on Pine's pants?

d131280qw0.jpg

It looks like a patch for a reinforced knee, maybe just a strip on top, but an extra piece of fabric sewn over the knee for "reinforcement" Just to make them look a little different I guess, and less like regular pants.

I'm not into Trek, but I would love to get on this run. This wardrobe can easily be casual wear at any con, when not costuming.

Yup, Agreed. With the material being used (medium weight spandex) you can almost use at as a workout outfit too.

Personally, I can't wait to do the women's uniform (hubba hubba)

Well then if that's the case, I'm convinced they are motorcycle pants. It all makes sense. The ribbed section above the knee is for motion. The seam below the knee is probably a pocket. Even the side pockets may have zippers. I submit this for your consideration. Not an exact match but I think this is were the hunt should begin. http://www.bikersden.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=2079

Could be the graininess in the pic, but there is a "horseshoe" shaped seam that runs from each knee across the zipper area that's not showing on the prop pants.

Here's a pair of the black colored ones. The crotch seam is totally wrong though.

ReconPantBlackFront500x500.gif

Here's a pair that is a little bit closer:

xRodeoDenim.jpg

Last edited:
Also it doesn't have to be an off the shelf design at all... maybe just "inspired by". These guys had enough budget to make their own costumes after all. :lol

That said, these do look promising! :thumbsup

xRodeoDenim.jpg

I think I would have to go with these guys because 1) they have not visible back pocket like the denim versions and 2) you can't beat that price of $69.95 (more money saved to invest in the tunic and shoes!)

Image1.jpg

SWEEET!!!

I just threw this together, I think it's a little closer than the previous version.

TrekXIShirtPattern.jpg

I drew it oversized so that the dimensions could be played with, but everyone use freely! :)

-Sarge

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back