NIKE MAG Knockoffs

Sorry, I meant from the previous price they had. It's at $149 currently. However, as soon as they do get released more suppliers should have them, which will bring the cost down.

Looks like they used clear LED's instead of the colored LED's. It's going to be interesting to see how these look lit up in person.

mcfly2.jpg

I hope that finger pull keeps that shape. If so, we should have JUST enough material to work with if we want to invert the seam to clean up the hole.

These pics have me really excited right now.

-Nick

i don't know if any of you guys spotted it.

But it looks like the strap is held up by some grey velcro which seems either glued or stitched onto the grey fabric.

velcro.jpg

Good to see more images. Given the term "fluffer" was used, are these the "money" shots?

The sole is not quite right, but 100x better than the previous V1 soles. At least these are clear. The base of the sole should be a different to the sides using an inverted pyramid pattern on the base with the waffle (which these have on three sides) on the sides. I don't think they taper enough, but for what we are paying, these are looking very good. The only MOD I can see myself doing is lighting that NIKE on the strap.

So does anyone still think there is a charge port?

From what I can see, the ankle buckle is not attached to the shoe and like the V1s and even MP MAGs, will slip down as you wear them. I used self adhesive velcro for both the MP and V1s (now my leather pair) to stop this from happening. Works a treat.

From the images above, it also looks like the Heel Cup is no longer attached, rather a separate piece. Is it me or has that heel part of the mid-sole also been slimmed?

see my previous post. it looks like they used velcro this time, but on the actual side of the uppers for some strange reason.

i don't know if any of you guys spotted it.

But it looks like the strap is held up by some grey velcro which seems either glued or stitched onto the grey fabric.

velcro.jpg

OH NO! Don't point out things my brain will want to fix before I've even had my pair in my hands to enjoy! :lol

-Nick

:lol

i know! what the hell are those knockoff guys doing!??

I'm assuming there is velcro on the other side too, so that should still make swapping the straps simple enough.

for those of you who plan to just add an EL light for the strap, what battery/inverter setup do you plan to use? and where are you going to put it?

still deciding what im going to use for the strap.
im just going to do 2 fixes, toecap and EL Light on strap, thats it first. then on any other pairs later on, some more extensive modifications.

I thought I would put together a chart showing the correct parts (in green), fixable parts (in orange) and not correct parts (in red).

All in all these are a HUGE improvement over anything that is currently offered.

mcfly2CORRECT.jpg

I agree, and the toebox and strap light should be fairly straightforward mods i think.

are you going to go the whole hog and do the soles too?

im just going to do the light on the strap and the toebox on 1 pair initially, just not decided on what to use for battery/inverter for the strap?

something small, which can be hidden somewhere?

Is that side shot useful for your comparison chart?

As soon as I remember where I saved that image. :lol

As for mods, I think I'll do a strap mod and possibly EL soles on the pair I ordered and would consider ordering another set just to gut completely once the price stabilizes a bit.

-Nick

All in all these are a HUGE improvement over anything that is currently offered.

Totally agree and no one should be complaining about the shoe for the $$$.

In regards to the soles -

1. The sides of the outer-soles are correct, but the base in not. These should be inverted pyramids. It appears the shape on the side is closer to the RD MAG than anything else released.

2. Like the previous V1, the toe end of the mid-sole is too slim which tends to make the toe look bulky. If this was thicker, the toe would look slimmer as Punisher proved with the toe correction he did on his V1s.

3. The Heel end looks slimmer than the V1s but again is too high.

Overall I am happy with how these have come out.

As soon as I remember where I saved that image. :lol

As for mods, I think I'll do a strap mod and possibly EL soles on the pair I ordered and would consider ordering another set just to gut completely once the price stabilizes a bit.

-Nick

OK. Here is one YOU prepared earlier :)

attachment.php

OH NO! Don't point out things my brain will want to fix before I've even had my pair in my hands to enjoy! :lol

-Nick

I don't know why you guys are all upset over this velcro on the collar. It is actually smart as seeing as I actually wore mine out, I wish I had thought of placing it there instead of on the inside of the ankle buckle.

As you walk, the ankle strap slides, and this will prevent this from happening, so a big PLUS for the Chinese for thinking 'outside the box' on that.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back