Original Golden Idol from Raiders here...

This is one great thread, lots of new info and lots of old rumors seem to have been answered. All of this needs to be saved and archived. However, I have nothing worth while to add so I will just post this pic for fun.

l_a35a0c3c1714ba7d219728938bcb7c0e.jpg

Thanks to those for sharing great insights into the idol prop. An excellent discussion.

I was hoping someone(s) might be able to clarify the authenticity of this idol offered on eBay in November as "Original", with an $8,500 opening bid. It has a COA from Elstree Props.

I hate hijacking the topic, but when pieces like this trade in the marketplace for five figures, determining provenance (definitively, if possible) can save collectors from a costly mistake. Seems to be a lot of expert resources present in this topic, so I hoped to be able to leverage that a little further...

The original eBay listing:

elstreeidolebay.jpg

Photos:

elstreeidol1.JPG

elstreeidol2.JPG

elstreeidol3.JPG

Comparison with replica:

elstreevblufive.jpg

Elstree COA:

elstreeidolcoa.jpg

Thanks,

Jason De Bord

That must be the real thing. It comes with a certificate. Plus the gold seal means it is official.:)

Sweet

Looks like it's from the same guy who did the reworking of that other artists Blade Runner sculpt into that Indy sculpt. Cause thats what he's selling right now.

^ Agreed. This is a fantastic thread.

Being on a budget, I wound up getting one of the blufive idols a few months back. I'm really pleased with it.

idol_with_stand.jpg

I think your finish job is a good one but as already pointed out here before the sculpt is pretty off in a couple of spots, mainly the added indented lines on the chin.

Anyone got the definitive word on the size of the glass eyes in the hero version? My very crude scaling (off my monitor screen LOL!) gives me 10mm diameter for the iris and 2.5mm diameter for the pupil. Quartz used a pair of 24mm diameter glass eyes for his idol just wondering if that is correct.

I've filled in some of the details around the eyes and mouth and hacked it open at the back. I'm going to get it vacuum metalized at the same time as my C3PO.

idol01.jpg

idol04.jpg

idol02.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back