robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Pep Files - first post updated - please read

Dude!!! amazing Iron Man's armor...
You're really talently oO"
Hey man.. can you teach or send me a model of diagram???

No need for double posts Nesshi. Robo is in Australia and most likely asleep. I am sure he will gladly address your questions tomorrow.

BTW what do you mean by diagrams?

@azurial it's bubblegum crisis.. it was an anime release way back in 2001(i think). well i've started the helmet sculpt. don't mean to hijack robo's thread tho. *peace*

ill try sculpting the helm. I've seen a 3d model somewhere but it costs 25$ and i don't know how to unfold or so. :sleep anyway ill make my own thread sometime when i feel making one.

oh btw i've started the rescaled chest & finished the rescaled helm. If anyone needs pics of the finished UNSCALED parts just tell me I'll post em here. I finished robo's mk6 parts except for the boot & abs part.

i saw it and couldnt remeber the name lol but its ALOT older than that - the original series was in the late 80s/early 90s, but any whos i'll PM you cuz i've got a model close to done - sorry for the hijack robo, last time i promise.

Hey Robo, what's up with the .OBJ helmet file in the new bundled download? It won't open in Pepakura for me :confused

Also, has anyone had any luck converting the .PDO files to .PDF? I'm on a Mac, so I'm running a VM with Windows 7 and Pepakura viewer/designer. My printer is on the network so I'm having a he!! of a time getting the VM to print to it. If I could convert he files to PDF, then I can just print them from the Mac side... :love

Hey Robo, what's up with the .OBJ helmet file in the new bundled download? It won't open in Pepakura for me :confused

Also, has anyone had any luck converting the .PDO files to .PDF? I'm on a Mac, so I'm running a VM with Windows 7 and Pepakura viewer/designer. My printer is on the network so I'm having a he!! of a time getting the VM to print to it. If I could convert he files to PDF, then I can just print them from the Mac side... :love

.OBJ is a model file, you have to use something like 3Ds Max (the software i think robo uses for modeling) or someother program.

i should note that the helm in this file is Sharkhead's so just do a quick search on google for a PDO

Last edited:

.OBJ is a model file, you have to use something like 3Ds Max (the software i think robo uses for modeling) or someother program.

Ahhh, ok...that explains it. I went through my download history and found a link to the previous helm .pdo file and downloaded that. It opens for me as I expected.

...now, back to getting the flippin' thing to print :angry

you could try bootcamp, and install windows, then pepakura, thats alot easier than getting some one to convert them to PDF as there is no real way to export them from Pepakura. atleast i dont think so.

edit:

Windows 7 is not a great idea... windows xp on a VM is far more stable.

It's been done before, someone did it for the fishhead helmet.

I know because i printed it out and put it together from PDFs. :)

Windows 7 is not a great idea... windows xp on a VM is far more stable.

Finally got it to print! Woohoo!

I have a few different installs. 3 of XP and one of WIndows 7 (I'm a web developer so i need different versions of IE for testing) If i start having issues in 7 I'll move to one of the other VMs, thanks for the tip @Azurial!

np - i've been building systems for a while, and windows 7 is more stable than Vista, and theres not as many problems with it, but xp is by far the most stable, unless you want to revert to windows 95/98, but i cant see ANY one using a 10gig HDD these days

i should note that i use fedora as my main OS mainly cuz its small and it doesnt require much RAM or processor power, fits onto a flash drive with ease, so any one wanting to tinker with it, i highly recommend it or any other Linux variant.

okay i've fixed the all in one file to have the pdo not the obj...my bad....

okay i've fixed the all in one file to have the pdo not the obj...my bad....

if we didnt make mistakes, we wouldnt be human lol

@Robo, I realize the cost would be prohibitive, but man...I'd LOVE to send a high res model of your work to these guys... Passionate about creating

could send the files in get some low cost materials, and paint to color. although i'll admit, a full steel or aluminum suit would be awsome.

I've started the helm build tonight. First pep! Already super glued my fingers to the helm and myself several times...this is going to be interesting ;)

I am using Windows 7 exclusively on my home machine now and have no problems between it and the pep files at all...

Hot glue makes the job easier in my opinion. It doesn't bond your fingers. You have a few moments longer to position each tab glued and it costs a hell of a lot less.

Just my two cents.

I've started the helm build tonight. First pep! Already super glued my fingers to the helm and myself several times...this is going to be interesting ;)

i tried using hot glue once.....lets just say i kept forgetting about the hot bit....lol...

i use double sided tape for all my pep building....for those who use resin in their building it's probly not advised as i think the resin might eat the tape but for me it works really well...

Good idea ROBO. Yeah I never actually squirt the glue straight from the tip. I usually have a piece of cardboard as a palette. I then squirt some on it then tip the tip getting a bit on it then I smear it on the tab. Then swipe the side of the glue gun tip to clear off the excess.

Man so many things I just said could have sounded so wrong if read the wrong way. LOL

i tried using hot glue once.....lets just say i kept forgetting about the hot bit....lol...

i use double sided tape for all my pep building....for those who use resin in their building it's probly not advised as i think the resin might eat the tape but for me it works really well...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back