robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Pep Files - first post updated - please read

hold your middle or right button down

fab job robo, once i'm in the new house I plan to start full tilt on your models (might need to edit them a bit to include my attachment/how I get into it, system. But plan to have it down and all tricked out for aug 2011

I knew I should have downloaded! haha I would LOVE to get my hands an actual 3D file
If you have Pepakura Designer, it'll export the .OBJ format, which almost any 3D program will natively read/write. I've done it on a couple of pieces to make minor alterations (in my 10-year-old copy of Lightwave, it's been just a little while since I've done any real 3D work :lol), then just import it back into Pepakura to unfold again.

If you have Pepakura Designer, it'll export the .OBJ format, which almost any 3D program will natively read/write. I've done it on a couple of pieces to make minor alterations (in my 10-year-old copy of Lightwave, it's been just a little while since I've done any real 3D work :lol), then just import it back into Pepakura to unfold again.

awesome, thanks for the tip!

I'm sorry to tell you this Robo, but due to some home issues, I cannot finish the file you sent me, I con only tell you what I have collected from examining the file and putting part of it together, I have run into a problem where I only get about 10-15 mins of free time and it wont be clearing up until later in the week, please send a me PM if you'd like to hear any of my thoughts about the file so far though.

keep on doing what you do,
-Logan

All my pepping is done (minus my next helmet) and the second coat of resin is drying now... couple more days and the bondo process will begin!

including boots hip pods spine and neck seal? insane!!!

Here's a few pics I took midway through doing the resin. I had the brace, back, chest done already. I'll have to take the camera out in the morning for round 3, since I somehow missed taking pics of the biceps and fingers.

Here's a few pics I took midway through doing the resin. I had the brace, back, chest done already. I'll have to take the camera out in the morning for round 3, since I somehow missed taking pics of the biceps and fingers.

Good work. Looks like we are pretty close to the same stage right now, i have everything preped but the hands, tomorrow the rest of the suit will get resin. I look forward to the pictures, the further I get along with this I realize just how awesome it is.

Good work. Looks like we are pretty close to the same stage right now, i have everything preped but the hands, tomorrow the rest of the suit will get resin. I look forward to the pictures, the further I get along with this I realize just how awesome it is.

Thanks! Seeing everyone's progress helps keep the motivation going.

I'm scared I'm going to mess it up with the body filler... it looks so impressive as is. People pretty much crap their pants when I show them the pic I took wearing the parts I had ready a couple weeks ago.

Hey Stryken! Nice progress man!! Can't wait to see more. You should start your own progress thread so we can see it start to finish!

Question if you don't mind, can you give us your waist size and tell us what scale / size you used for the abs and codpiece. Those are the pieces i know a lot of us have trouble getting to fit and it helps give us an idea where to go with it if we have a size reference.

Hey Stryken! Nice progress man!! Can't wait to see more. You should start your own progress thread so we can see it start to finish!

Question if you don't mind, can you give us your waist size and tell us what scale / size you used for the abs and codpiece. Those are the pieces i know a lot of us have trouble getting to fit and it helps give us an idea where to go with it if we have a size reference.

I set it at 27.952929 for the cod piece and abs. I wear a 34 for pants and this scale seems to be about right. I'm trying to slim down a bit before Halloween.

What I did to test the size was print off the top parts of the cod and did a tester to see how it would fit. Did the same with the abs, printed off some parts to wrap around to check the size.

Hope this helps!

Hey Robo if you still need a test builder for the commando files I would be honored to help.

Stryken - good progress man, looking forward to seeing more

jokingking - you've got mail....

I just wanted to throw these photos up...they're a little low res, but should be good enough for reference on coloring etc....

...aaaaand, another scaling question

I saw this asked earlier in the forum (or maybe it was another thread?) but I don't believe anyone ever answered. Is it possible to scale only in one dimension? I'm quite long/lean in the arms and legs (i think "scrawny" is the technical term). I think when i scale some of these parts they're going to be pretty bulky on me. Wondering if i can stretch them just a little to compensate and not make them so wide? Haven't figured out how to do the in Pepakura yet, if it's even possible?

only way i can fathom is to open the files in a 3d editor and literally stretch the pieces, but once you do that, they wont fit each other right. you'd have to resculpt most of the other pieces to match

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back