robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Pep Files - first post updated - please read

I just use regular white glue. takes a little bit longer to try but then you dont really have any mess at all. Maybe after the bottles empty ill try hot glue or superglue.

Best glue i have seen is Aleene's Tacky Glue 4 OZ. Squeeze Bottle $1.59

Aleens Tacky Glue sets within about 10 seconds. Gives you plenty of time to move it around. Works as well if not better than Hot glue. won't bond your skin to what your working on (though it will make your fingers "tacky") and if you DO get some on your fingers, just rub them together until the glue balls up.

I get my supply from walmart in the crafts section, and the bigger 8oz bottle is like 2.49.

i use krazy glue in 3 tube pouches from dollar tree. it works excellent for me. doesnt bulk, doesnt make the cardstock soggy, and it sets in about 5 to 10 seconds.

note: get the gel kind, its easier to work with. just make a pad out of foil or paper and use a toothpick to apply to your parts.

I have a friend who uses wood glue, yea wood glue, be it works really well for him and it's really cheep.

Sorry about how long it's taking Robo, I was sick for a few days and I'm pepping your helmet between high school honors classes, Band, The Anime Club I'm running, and my collage classes, I should have it done soon. and I just started an AP class (Collage credit class in highschool) where we have to write a 4 page essay every other night for homework, XD so hopefully before sunday.

Last edited:

I use a combination of tacky glue (white glue that's a bit thicker, basically) and the absolute cheapest super glue I can find, like brimst0ne's Dollar Tree stuff. I prefer the liquidy kind over the gel, but I've used both about equally depending on what was available at the time.

Fun fact: you can paint super glue around the edges of your model to stiffen the card stock and help the pieces hold their shape:

IMthigh.jpg

Both the top and bottom edges of this thigh piece were doused with super glue. It maintains its shape very, very well, and the supports are basically just there to give me something to hold on to - and to prevent possible warping from wet stock - when I bathe it in resin. :)

I am using Windows 7 exclusively on my home machine now and have no problems between it and the pep files at all...

your one of the few lucky ones lol

alot of people i have talked to (and personal experiance) have seen 7 not install things correctly/at all, crash on program start up, and i have even had 7 kill a brand new hard drive on me.

I have win7 exclusively on all my PC's and laptops... but in my defense, i am MCITP enterprise certified...

Compared to vista and XP, 7 is a dream OS. love it.

To be honest, everyone who I have personally spoken to that has Windows 7 has loved it and everyone transitioned from either XP or Vista to it without any problems. Perhaps the people who you know who are having install issues are using the 64 bit version and installing 32 bit things that should be installed 64 (drivers for example)? As for the hard drive dying, I would say that that was most likely the hard drive because if they are going to fail, half of the time it is right off the bat. Out of curiousity, was it a Seagate? At work I have had nightmares worth of troubles with them recently.

To everyone else, sorry for taking the thread so far off topic.

not to stray off topic or anything... how is the new armor set coming along robo? are you making it all or just the helmet? and is it going to be free? the last few posts got a little confusing

oh by the way - while doing my usual internet trawling i came across this gem:
iron-man-2-3d-printing-1.jpg

Last edited:

not to stray off topic or anything... how is the new armor set coming along robo? are you making it all or just the helmet? and is it going to be free? the last few posts got a little confusing

oh by the way - while doing my usual internet trawling i came across this gem:
iron-man-2-3d-printing-1.jpg

so.... shiny... *eyes melt from sockets*

yea thats the hand pieces for Iron Man 2. they were made with that wierd contraption that builds 3d objects out of heated plastic beads like a printer. then they metallized it.

I just recently heard about this forum and this is the first pep thing I've ever built. I still have to make the ear plates, of course, but couldn't resist taping it together

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

Took me 2-3 days to get this done… now, since I'm so new to this stuff and I'm kind of spoiled by my first build, I'd like to borrow your eyes/experience. What do you see that I could have made better/did totally wrong?

I had some trouble with the small insets and the eyes, etc.

The plan is to make a bust to start my collection (I don't intend on wearing it)…I think I'll be using acrylic resin and some kitchen/toilet paper for that… read about it on the pep topic and seems like a simple and non toxic solution.

I just recently heard about this forum and this is the first pep thing I've ever built. I still have to make the ear plates, of course, but couldn't resist taping it together

Took me 2-3 days to get this done… now, since I'm so new to this stuff and I'm kind of spoiled by my first build, I'd like to borrow your eyes/experience. What do you see that I could have made better/did totally wrong?

I had some trouble with the small insets and the eyes, etc.

The plan is to make a bust to start my collection (I don't intend on wearing it)…I think I'll be using acrylic resin and some kitchen/toilet paper for that… read about it on the pep topic and seems like a simple and non toxic solution.

I think you did a fine job on that helmet, one of the harder ironman helmets to build, and for your first pep great job, also any minor imperfections can be fixed in the filler stage, if you dont want to use bondo, you can always use drywall filler, but i recomend using a setting type drywall compound (sheetrock 20) it drys harder than regular drywall filler and you can put it on much thicker with out it cracking, so no need to prime each coat just the final one

my suit...
:wacko

41136_154150611278018_100000492392027_437354_6323356_n.jpg

59069_154189777940768_100000492392027_437591_4712755_n.jpg

47716_154151261277953_100000492392027_437363_3730277_n.jpg

47232_154150941277985_100000492392027_437357_7818468_n.jpg

my internet connection is down for the past days....:rolleyes

very nice so far man!

personally i'd focus on some more bondo and smoothing tho.

Oh... I'm checking this post two or three times in a day... it says 'first post updated' but it's not true!! :D :D Any updates on the Republic Commando helmet?

Thanks man!

Ok, i've looked through Pepakura's help and even googled for this. I feel like an idiot for even asking...but, how in the #*$& do you pan in the 2D view? I've rescaled the helmet and I now have to move all the pieces around etc. But when i zoom in the top/bottom of the page go out of view and there are no scroll bars to pan...???

Ok, i've looked through Pepakura's help and even googled for this. I feel like an idiot for even asking...but, how in the #*$& do you pan in the 2D view? I've rescaled the helmet and I now have to move all the pieces around etc. But when i zoom in the top/bottom of the page go out of view and there are no scroll bars to pan...???

Just hold the right click button and move the mouse! LOL

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back