robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Pep Files - first post updated - please read

ugh...good point. i guess I'll have to stick with the current proportions. thanks for the response @brimstOne13

Thanks! Seeing everyone's progress helps keep the motivation going.

I'm scared I'm going to mess it up with the body filler... it looks so impressive as is. People pretty much crap their pants when I show them the pic I took wearing the parts I had ready a couple weeks ago.

You cant really mess us with the bondo part, if you put on too much you can always just sand it all off!

I set it at 27.952929 for the cod piece and abs. I wear a 34 for pants and this scale seems to be about right. I'm trying to slim down a bit before Halloween.

What I did to test the size was print off the top parts of the cod and did a tester to see how it would fit. Did the same with the abs, printed off some parts to wrap around to check the size.

Hope this helps!

It does, thank you! It gives me a good idea where to start since I too wear a 34-36 waist depending on the clothes! My natural waist with the tape measure is about 35". It looks like at that scale some of the cod pieces need to be separated since they won't fit on a page, but thats no big deal.

It does, thank you! It gives me a good idea where to start since I too wear a 34-36 waist depending on the clothes! My natural waist with the tape measure is about 35". It looks like at that scale some of the cod pieces need to be separated since they won't fit on a page, but thats no big deal.

I wear the same waist as you and have run into a bit of a snag. The size fits great except with it being 10% bigger the legs are a bit too long for me. I have been playing with the Pep designer and unless im missing something theres no way to keep the height the same and increase the width and depth. Anyone figured a way around this or am I missing something?

glass it and then cut it in half and take out however much you need to, then glass the two remaining pieces together and use bondo to hide the cuts and blend it.

heres a helm i got around to finishing - still need to do some detail work to it, and add in a faceplate hinge, i am not planning on painting the jaw gold, and not planning on cutting the jaw free. i am planning some Eye leds - its about 20% larger than a standard helm to accomodate the small CPU fan that i have installed in the back

glass it and then cut it in half and take out however much you need to, then glass the two remaining pieces together and use bondo to hide the cuts and blend it.

Ahh, I didnt think of it that way, thanks for the info :thumbsup

Now that you mention it, I think there were only a couple peices I had to split to fit it for printing. It's been a while since I did it.

I also did the hip pods and spine in that scale too, come to think of it.

hey guys, just a couple of quick pictures to show my teams progress. the tape comes off the helmet later. were not at all pleased with the helmet so we've decided to sell it and make a new one. i know i shouldnt say here but if anyone wants it please get in touch. otherwise its going on ebay. id much rather it went to someone who can love and nurture it though. under the tape on the faceplate is already sprayed gold. the chest is bodyfilled and well into the smoothing phase. backplate half bodyfilled. cod resined. and i think thats it so far. shoes are in another location. just legs, pod, spine, shoulders left to pep. just wana say this dude is HUUUUGE!!! my guy is gona clear 7 foot in the full costume and built like a brick wall!!!

59478_440715893552_597738552_5104396_4237922_n.jpg

47500_440715688552_597738552_5104383_7086233_n.jpg

Something else I was curious about with everyone else or if anyone knew. The chest brace, wher eis it falling or where should it fall on your body when you have it on? What I mean is whereabout should the circle/triangle for the arc reactor fall on your chest?

hey quick question, does anybody know if the files are in scale with each other?
like if i dont chaange the scale for anything, will the arms match up with the chest, abs, codpiece, etc.?
im sure this has been answered before, but this thread is 50 pages long, and i'm dont really want to go looking through every page. :wacko

@BenHA94 Yeap!! all files are 25.411754 (default scale) and they match each other perfectly

BTY, here is my weekend progress. Sanding the filler is tougher than I thought =/
b2.jpg
b1.jpg

hey quick question, does anybody know if the files are in scale with each other?
like if i dont chaange the scale for anything, will the arms match up with the chest, abs, codpiece, etc.?
im sure this has been answered before, but this thread is 50 pages long, and i'm dont really want to go looking through every page. :wacko

Based on everything that I have pepped so far myself, I would say that they are. However, I have never read anything that would confirm this.

Something else I was curious about with everyone else or if anyone knew. The chest brace, wher eis it falling or where should it fall on your body when you have it on? What I mean is whereabout should the circle/triangle for the arc reactor fall on your chest?

I pepped a MK IV Chest (Circle) and when I put it on and line it up with roughly where I think it should be, the bottom of the circle seems to be just above where my rib cage meets in the center. For another reference point, The MK IV Chest has 2 little flaps (appear to be on the MK VI too but not 100%) that come off either side of the top, and I try to line those up with the front of my collar bone.

They are, but as I explained earlier, there is no magic number you can scale the entire suit by based on your height. Everyone is proportioned differently, so each piece must be scaled to the body part it's designed to fit over.

-Nick

hey guys, just a couple of quick pictures to show my teams progress. the tape comes off the helmet later. were not at all pleased with the helmet so we've decided to sell it and make a new one. i know i shouldnt say here but if anyone wants it please get in touch. otherwise its going on ebay. id much rather it went to someone who can love and nurture it though. under the tape on the faceplate is already sprayed gold. the chest is bodyfilled and well into the smoothing phase. backplate half bodyfilled. cod resined. and i think thats it so far. shoes are in another location. just legs, pod, spine, shoulders left to pep. just wana say this dude is HUUUUGE!!! my guy is gona clear 7 foot in the full costume and built like a brick wall!!!

59478_440715893552_597738552_5104396_4237922_n.jpg

47500_440715688552_597738552_5104383_7086233_n.jpg
(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

five thumbs up mate :love

well it really depends on your body proportionality. i had several pep mistakes with scaling issues. I'm 5'5 and the whole suit unscaled is really big for me

1918-a.jpg

then i tried rescaling each part by 10%. And it worked for me. don't know for the limbs though.

59415_157284517615883_100000030081087_500089_3017163_n.jpg

Last edited:

Wondering if someone can explain something about scaling to me. In the helmet file the default scale is 1.00...Robo's files are 25.411754. So, if I were to increase size by 5% i assumed the helmet would go to 1.05 and the other files would go to 26.6823417? Also, what exactly does that number represent?

I tried scaling the helmet to 1.05 (my hat size is large/xlarge) thinking that would make for a better fit, but the result was WAY to big...

*EDIT --------------
I should also add, @TheNickFox, I will be taking your advice and scaling each part separately, just trying to wrap my head around the scaling in general

Last edited:

i would think that you should take the numbers given in millimeters of dimension at the bottom right of the viewer and divide that by the scale number to give you accurate increments of increase. the scaling number may not necessarily represent a percentage.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back