robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Pep Files - Republic Commando progress on page 52

@Laveniuk
2 Layers work great, enough strong to handle body filler and still light weight. I totally recomend 2 layers, at least on the big important parts.

@mmkw
I used almost 1 liter of bondo for the back, chest, brace, and collar plate. Is the first time that I work with Bondo XD

might i request a full test fit of the costume? itd be the first time a completely resined/fiberglassed suit has been seen in the wild

I'll see if I can manage to get a few pics this weekend. Between work and having to pull an emergency shift babysitting my gf's kid, I still have to grind down a few spots of fibreglass inside some of the parts.

(I did get started on that, and also cut the brace and codpeice to actually get into them lol)

Hopefully pics coming Sunday night, if not Monday night for sure.

Just wanted to chime in here and show my progress. I will finish in the Iron Man MK6 by the first the week of October. The way I build is to pep several pieces at a time and take them all the way to it's final stage. I find that keeps me motivated more. This is my second suit build and I have already completed War Machine. Started In April and it's still an ongoing battle. I wanted to give him a more HD look so he really stands out in a crowd. So tell me what ya think so far?

Currently working on the Neck Seal, Back of AB's and the Cod Piece. Should be done by mid next week.

Suit looks way better up close and in person. The pictures don't really do justice.

I'm Going for a Blackwash Iron Man MKVI Scheme..

NEW1-1.jpg

NEW2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Good job on the shape WarMachineElite! But about the paint... I think (it's a personal opinion) the technic of paint the shadows in black with an airbrush make it look fake and made of plastic. I think it's better to paint it in a plain color and then if you really think it need it, make the shadows with a slighty darker tone, never black. But as I said, it's a personal opinion.

Good job anyway!!

Good job on the shape WarMachineElite! But about the paint... I think (it's a personal opinion) the technic of paint the shadows in black with an airbrush make it look fake and made of plastic. I think it's better to paint it in a plain color and then if you really think it need it, make the shadows with a slighty darker tone, never black. But as I said, it's a personal opinion.

Good job anyway!!

I hear ya on the black airbrush shadowing. I just feel that everyone's iron Man armor are simular and I wanted to go with a Blackwash cartoonish look so I can be somewhat different. The black in person really looks subtle, just in the pics it looks darker than what it really is. So yeah, just personal opinion I guess...Thanks for the comment.

@WarMachineElite: I think the airbrush effect makes it look absolutely stunning. A masssive congratulations on a truely beautiful work of art. This really will be an individual piece compared to the armour the rest of us are putting together. The cartoony effect of it makes it stand worlds apart from what we are all used to seeing. I cant take my eyes off it. I'll look forward to future updates on this project and i pray that you post a few photos of someone wearing it once it is complete. Its great to see such amazing progress, very inspiring.

May i ask how u achieved such dazzling shine on the paintjob?

Just wanted to chime in here and show my progress. I will finish in the Iron Man MK6 by the first the week of October. The way I build is to pep several pieces at a time and take them all the way to it's final stage. I find that keeps me motivated more. This is my second suit build and I have already completed War Machine. Started In April and it's still an ongoing battle. I wanted to give him a more HD look so he really stands out in a crowd. So tell me what ya think so far?

Currently working on the Neck Seal, Back of AB's and the Cod Piece. Should be done by mid next week.

Suit looks way better up close and in person. The pictures don't really do justice.

I'm Going for a Blackwash Iron Man MKVI Scheme..

NEW1-1.jpg

NEW2-1.jpg

WOW!!! Amazing!! Have you tried any of it on and if so, how is the movement in it? Do you mind sharing your stats as far as height and weight and what you used for scale just to give another example? I can only pray to achieve this someday!

WOW!!! Amazing!! Have you tried any of it on and if so, how is the movement in it? Do you mind sharing your stats as far as height and weight and what you used for scale just to give another example? I can only pray to achieve this someday!

The mannequin holding the armor stands at 6'3 my dimentions are 5'9 and at 172 lbs. I will be on 4" platforms that will be hidden around the pep pieces of armor that will be built around them as a disguise to hide them and will put me at 6'1 in height. I used the default scale from Robo's files. I have definetly tried it on and yes it fits good. The only thing I made a change to was the shoulder bells. I went up 10% so he would be more wide at the top and look beefier. So far so good and I didn't have any problems at all. (yet)

As far as the paint I went with a Enamel Colonial Red. The reason I went with this color is because it seems to shift from a dark maroon red to a blood red depending on the light. The gold and nickel was a standard Metallic and of course the black was a enamel that was air brushed in.

As far as the shine I made sure that I really sanded things down to a glass finish before primering then wet sanding again before the final paint. I went 3 coats of enamel because its thick and will hide any imperfections in the pieces. I then Air brushed the shadows and I sealed it all off with another 3 coats of super clear for a hard protective surface.

holy caramel sauce! thats so awesome!!

it can be on a museum or something!!

epic suit right there warmachineelite...

By the way here is my War Machine Build that I just completed before I started the Mark 6 Iron Man.

Photo0052.jpg

Photo0032.jpg

Photo0033.jpg

Photo0040.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

Photo0028.jpg

The mannequin holding the armor stands at 6'3 my dimentions are 5'9 and at 172 lbs. I will be on 4" platforms that will be hidden around the pep pieces of armor that will be built around them as a disguise to hide them and will put me at 6'1 in height. I used the default scale from Robo's files. I have definetly tried it on and yes it fits good. The only thing I made a change to was the shoulder bells. I went up 10% so he would be more wide at the top and look beefier. So far so good and I didn't have any problems at all. (yet)

As far as the paint I went with a Enamel Colonial Red. The reason I went with this color is because it seems to shift from a dark maroon red to a blood red depending on the light. The gold and nickel was a standard Metallic and of course the black was a enamel that was air brushed in.

As far as the shine I made sure that I really sanded things down to a glass finish before primering then wet sanding again before the final paint. I went 3 coats of enamel because its thick and will hide any imperfections in the pieces. I then Air brushed the shadows and I sealed it all off with another 3 coats of super clear for a hard protective surface.

I am glad you mentioned the resizing of the shoulder bells. I have a 36 waist so while I am not fat, I need all the help I can get making my shoulders appear wider to keep my waist looking slimmer. Glad to see that 10% makes them look good without oversizing them at all!!

One more question, which version of the helmet did you end up using? I know there are quite a few floating around!

Nice job WME, and by the way, is your warmachine suit a pep soul suit or you used another method to build it ah?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back