SpideyPlanet Spider-Man Costume

Here's the result of 2 years of research and 6 months work. I think it's fair to say the shell approaches 100% accuracy. Thanks to the original oakley's movie lenses I found out the exact convexity of the eye frames. The perfect frames in combination with many image references allowed me to unravel the perfect shape for the shell. I came to a point where everything just worked out, no matter what angle I took. It's printed in 3D with only 2mm thickness, yet it's incredibly strong and flexible. The frames sink into the shell and lock inside magnetically.

Shell1.jpgshell2.jpgshell3.jpg

I was going to buy one of his suits I tried but he only wanted to send me the kit and I was not going to pay $1000 on something I could mess up. And you know the webs will come off with use. I do agree they are better looking but I bought my suit for $800 and I don't have to worry about the webs falling off.

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz275/Johnnyr135/spiderman3front.jpg

Is that puffy paint as the webbing and how do you get the webbing so perfect and steady looking?

Excuse me guys but I ordered mine from SpideyPlanet 5 months ago from today and hes finished mine and hes gonna send me pictures tomorrow and shipping it out monday I think Charliehall03 has made a mistake because I've been emailing Yuri Shuurckes for the past 5 months and I received these updates he's the best costume designer I've ever met he is way better than YouTuber Slizard30 (slizard30 uses 2D webbing that looks like they have melted on while Yuri uses 3D and more accurate webbing) and these are the updates I've been getting from him this my suit3D face shell.jpgface shell side angle.jpgface shell update 2.jpgface shell update 3.jpgface shell update.jpgleft hand side eye lense.jpgliam4.jpgliam5.jpgspider with mask and webs.jpgsuit update.jpg

WOW! That is an incredible Spidey suit. So is Yuri now building the suits? If so I'm definitely interested as building his kit is above & beyond my skill level:)

Here's the result of 2 years of research and 6 months work. I think it's fair to say the shell approaches 100% accuracy. Thanks to the original oakley's movie lenses I found out the exact convexity of the eye frames. The perfect frames in combination with many image references allowed me to unravel the perfect shape for the shell. I came to a point where everything just worked out, no matter what angle I took. It's printed in 3D with only 2mm thickness, yet it's incredibly strong and flexible. The frames sink into the shell and lock inside magnetically.

View attachment 417652View attachment 417653View attachment 417654

FANTASTIC!!!
Great work.:cool:thumbsup

Hey guys, I'm having some real trouble here so I was thinking maybe the fans can help me. The polyurethane I've been using over the years (Axson UR5825) to make the webs has been discontinued for environmental reasons. We've been experimenting with new products for 2 months now, but so far no luck. Can anyone recommend a good product? Here are the specs I'm looking for:
2 component polyurethane casting resin
Mixed viscosity: < 1100
Elongation: > 800
Hardness Shore A: 25-35
So far we've tried all fit variations that are offered by the brands Axson, BJB and Smooth-on. I am now waiting for some Silpak products to arrive for testing.
Your help is greatly appreciated!!
Yuri

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'm having some real trouble here so I was thinking maybe the fans can help me. The polyurethane I've been using over the years (Axson UR5825) to make the webs has been discontinued for environmental reasons. We've been experimenting with new products for 2 months now, but so far no luck. Can anyone recommend a good product? Here are the specs I'm looking for:
2 component polyurethane casting resin
Mixed viscosity: < 1100
Elongation: > 800
Hardness Shore A: 25-35
So far we've tried all fit variations that are offered by the brands Axson, BJB and Smooth-on. I am now waiting for some Silpak products to arrive for testing.
Your help is greatly appreciated!!
Yuri

did you tried polytek? i never used this but tiger stone fx make a lot of mask with polytek urethane

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've checked out their website a few times, but can't seem to find an appropriate product that fulfills all needs. There's one shore a 20 rubber there, but it has a work time of 5 minutes and that's not enough to mix and pour all the molds :(

Have you tried sending SpideyPlanet an email? Or contacting him on Facebook?

He's always been very responsive to my inquiries.

Sean

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back