SpideyPlanet Spider-Man Costume

it's unfortunate the ink didn't work, would have saved a ton of time, at least you tried it.

GFollano

Yeah, it was a long shot, but always worth a try. The kind of binding that I am looking for is very hard to achieve. I've tried 6 different of markers by now, and not one achieves what the first do. Problem is that all the others seem to stain no matter what, which would be a nightmare when the suit gets wet.
So I guess I found the perfect stuff :) Hopefully they don't stop making them any time soon.

New website!! Check it out SpideyPlanet.com

If you scroll all the way down the pictures you can see a pic of my very first suit back in 2004 :D

Great video, Yuri! If it's OK with you, I'd like to post some pictures of my suit for people to see what they receive with the kit.

I also plan on making a time elapsed video of the web application process.

Sean

Great video, Yuri! If it's OK with you, I'd like to post some pictures of my suit for people to see what they receive with the kit.

I also plan on making a time elapsed video of the web application process.

Sean

By all means Sean! Show them anything you like. Please do make clear that what you got is the semi suit, not the kit ;-)

Where does the zipper start and stop ? I'm sewing a suit and I don't know where to put it...

It runs from one armpit, down the side, around the back of the belt, and up the other side to the other armpit. Watch the video. This info can also be found in all manner of spidey threads by using the search function. :) Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Yuri, Just an Idea, I know how expensive Urathan is and that it may not be the strongest and most duriable. Have you tried other options like Silicone? I am going to try on a Suit very soon.

The issue with silicone is getting it to stick to the suit. Silicone doesn't like most things, so it tends to fall off easily. Urethane on the other hand can be stuck on with regular old super glue.

-Nick

The issue with silicone is getting it to stick to the suit. Silicone doesn't like most things, so it tends to fall off easily. Urethane on the other hand can be stuck on with regular old super glue.

-Nick

Isn't Silicone thin enough to sew though? I mean couldn't you technically sew it on using thread on the inside of the suit? I mean its easy to cut so I would imagine that you could poke holes in it and have a thread running down the whole way. Maybe even use some Cross Stitching techniques.

Hi... I like to ignore the rules and spam. As a result, I have been banned. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the RPF staff for banning me as I now realize that being banned is the only way that I will ever learn anything in this life.

Hey Yuri, Just an Idea, I know how expensive Urathan is and that it may not be the strongest and most duriable. Have you tried other options like Silicone? I am going to try on a Suit very soon.

Hey,
I appreciate your input. My first reaction is why something working so well would need to be replaced. My urethane is actually incredibly durable, stretching about 6 times its own length. When glued on properly, it’s very unlikely movement will cause any damage, and if it does it’s always easily fixed.

I would be more cautious with things rubbing the surface of the suit. Things like lifting children, rolling on the floor I don’t recommend doing. Shaking hands frequently causes the webs to wear over time, though this is acceptable when that’s the suit’s main purpose.

The urethane isn’t very expensive, by far most of the costs of the suit are caused by the high labor intensity of the suit. Anyone that’s done the kit can tell you that you easily spend 100 hours making it, which makes the suit pricey. Even more since it’s not made in a low cost country like all our clothing are these days.

I haven’t tried silicone, so I’m not sure how good it is. I’ve tried sewing webs on many years ago, but without success.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back