Star Trek XI Uniform shirts

The Rubies shirts actually look pretty good - but you are right to not trust how good it looks in the pictures - fact is, if you are a member of this board, you take props and costumes seriously and Rubies offers 'retail' grade costumes and props - we, as RPF members expect 'theatrical' or 'movie' grade stuff.
I would have to see the Rubies stuff in person, but it looks like the delta shield is NOT printed on....prob not what the actual case is though.

The Rubies shirts actually look pretty good - but you are right to not trust how good it looks in the pictures - fact is, if you are a member of this board, you take props and costumes seriously and Rubies offers 'retail' grade costumes and props - we, as RPF members expect 'theatrical' or 'movie' grade stuff.
I would have to see the Rubies stuff in person, but it looks like the delta shield is NOT printed on....prob not what the actual case is though.

I agree. However the data shield IS printed on. Its a thermo ink, raised rubber to be exact. The seams are wrong, theres no piques double edged, etc.

I agree. However the data shield IS printed on. Its a thermo ink, raised rubber to be exact. The seams are wrong, theres no piques double edged, etc.

Yeah ... they look like what they are. An affordable Halloween costume. It'll probably be a good seller for them too.

Heck, I just want to make Old Spock's Dome-Hooded snow jacket. That thing was ridiculous.

There was definately a tricorder in a holster on Spock's equipment belt, on the back side of his left hip.

I wonder if the belts were a found piece of equipment, or custom made.

That's the same exact picture they've been using to promote the Deluxe version. The general description for the deluxe is that it comes with a dickie and a separate emblem pin, which is the same for the Grand Heritage so most people speculate that the difference in the two is the type of fabric used (the GH should be higher quality fabric). But someone on the ASAP bought the Deluxe and was disappointed to note that the emblem is actualy embroided on and not a separate pin, which makes mods to that part a bit difficult.

Just curious, but does anyone know who made the uniforms? Has anyone tried to contact them? I see on ebay that someone sells fabric for TOS saying its from the same company that dyed the fabric for the show itself. Any way we can go straight to the source?

The funny thing is, the real tunics sort of already LOOK like Rubies made 'em.
I'm not liking Rubies' low neckline in the pix.

Anyone get any of the badges from the cereal boxes yet? :lol ;) Seriously.

Yeah, I got an engineering and support services one from my Corn Pops. I don't think I've ever bought a box of that stuff, before.

The division insignia is canted way towards the top so the LED will light up,a nd it's twice as thick as it should be to house the battery and light, but it's a fun little thing. I scare my cat with it.

It is possible that the Grand Heritage versions have not yet been finalilzed yet, which is why they are using the 'deluxe' version photos to advertise it.
Hopefully, the GH versions will have a seperate under**** (and not just a dickie) and a plastic insignia pin, as well as the proper stitching detail.
Since the products won't roll out until September we have to wait.
Like someone else here said, these will certainly be a big seller for Rubies regardless, but I am tired of getting my hopes up when Rubies releases photos of thier products, then having my hopes smashed by the actual product.
Just looking forward to getting an RPF replica shirt!
Has anyone gotten one of the fabric swatches on ebay yet??

Pics of the Rubies Deluxe at ASAP here: http://propreplicas.yuku.com/topic/16558?page=13

trekuni_3.jpg

Here's a list of mods he did to it:

- Dickey removed, replaced with long sleeve black Under Armor shirt.
- Embroidered delta shield logo removed thread by thread (front and back) - Replaced with painted and sanded delta shield from new Star Trek action figure stand. (It did cause some minor, but hardly noticeable damage under the new shield.) Until someone makes the metal ones, this is the best I can do.
- Rank stripes removed, replaced with silver fabric stripe from Jo-Ann's Fabrics. More SA and not as shiny as what it came with.

Does anyone have an example of how to replicate the seams along the sleeve and collar? I have a fair to middling knowledge of sewing but have never done anything like that before and would like to learn.

My $0.02 to help. If you don't have a long sleeve compression shirt and want one a little cheaper try Steel Stretch. Found them off a recommendation from t-nation.com. Note that they are longer in the waist than Under Armour so they won't ride up and the branding is not to high up on the chest to be a problem. I hope this helps you all. Good luck!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back