New Abrams Trek Tunic

Yes, but to get it right, my team has decided to wait until better hi rez pics come out as we're only planning one run.

If anyone has better pics than what was posted, please send them to me.

Well, as far as the pattern on the material...we wont get anything much better than what we have now. Some of those Spock pictures that came out were in ultra-high resolution.

All of the pattern details on the top half seem fairly clear to me. Interesting that the sleeves are not separate, but a "dart" runs along the shoulder.

The hi-res studio shots of Quinto that were released a few weeks ago, have the detail you need.

fabrictexturest4.jpg

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2008/ExclusiveQuintoBig.jpg

Yes, but to get it right, my team has decided to wait until better hi rez pics come out as we're only planning one run.

If anyone has better pics than what was posted, please send them to me.

Yeah, what are you needing exactly? A screen used tunic to analize?

:lol Of course I'm kidding, but seriously, there have been some very, very good pics posted from all angles and close-up's. I'm not sure I can figure out what more you're looking for to start the project. :confused

(In all fairness, I say this in my inpatience as I SO want one of these!)

So do I ! I really like this uniform but the issues at hand we are discussing is overall design which seems pretty simple, but moreso - the print on the fabric. If it is screen printed (which it looks like) as opposed to found, then we have to get that done which we do have facilities to do this.

Secondly, I have not seen any good screen shots of the pants design except for Spock sitting down - but we're thinking about separating that for another run all together.

Just to set expectations, we are still in the research phase of this project. My group is very exacting and anyone who's been with us during the BSG Projects can attest, we only produce quality pieces that match our own accurate measures - or we don't release it. This does come at the expense though of tireless research.

So do I ! I really like this uniform but the issues at hand we are discussing is overall design which seems pretty simple, but moreso - the print on the fabric. If it is screen printed (which it looks like) as opposed to found, then we have to get that done which we do have facilities to do this.

Secondly, I have not seen any good screen shots of the pants design except for Spock sitting down - but we're thinking about separating that for another run all together.

Just to set expectations, we are still in the research phase of this project. My group is very exacting and anyone who's been with us during the BSG Projects can attest, we only produce quality pieces that match our own accurate measures - or we don't release it. This does come at the expense though of tireless research.

Well said!!! Everything that you've done is top notch and I wouldent expect you to produce anything else, i'll be watching this closely and be first on your list!

so does this HD screen cap prove anything?

If you look at the seams you see the lighter color of the fabric. Which would mean that the "background" darker color is what is printed on the fabric.

thoughts?

11_tunic.jpg

Actually the color of the fabric (for all three division colors) is the same white or neutral with both the light and dark elements of the colors printed on to it using dye sublimimation.

John

Here's a quick look at the pants.

Not sure what's up with the strip of material above the knee and is that some kind of seam below the knee as well on Pine's pants?

d131280qw0.jpg

Just want to chime in and say I'll be very, very interested to se how this project progresses. :D

Got Maul, you were involved inrecreating the fabric for the Jedi robes from the prequel trilogy years ago, weren't you?

Just want to chime in and say I'll be very, very interested to se how this project progresses. :D

Got Maul, you were involved inrecreating the fabric for the Jedi robes from the prequel trilogy years ago, weren't you?

Wow, that was a looong time ago, but yes. That kind of started this whole sickness ! That was also back at ASAP

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back