Limited Run 1979 ALIEN - NOSTROMO CREW UNIFORM

Hey Crew Happy Alien Day 4/26!

I have a story that I think everyone who participated in this project run would be very interested in:

In mid November I was contacted by a very nice lady inquiring about placing a large order of uniforms, along with Patches, Hats, etc. She seemed to be in a bit of a hurry, she asked "what do you have in stock?" And, "How fast can you ship to Budapest?”. This was reasonable as we were before the Christmas season, This must be a Christmas gift, right? I went over the usual details with her, I packed it up and sent on its way.

...Yet at the back of my mind, something about this order was odd, not like all the other roughly similar large orders. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, But I did make a mental note.

...A few weeks later…

It is reported that the new Alien Film, which is directed by Fede Alvarez and produced by Ridley Scott, has started production in… Budapest. That mental note came right back to the top of the stack! "This can't be a coincidence. I only ever had one order shipping to Hungary". Back at my computer I googled the name on the order… lo and behold, the very first search result was an IMDB profile of a person with many credits as a 'Costumer’ or/and ‘Costume Designer'! More over, some of the credits were associated with Fede Alvarez, the director of the new Alien film!

This can't be a coincidence. Does this mean what I think it means?

I hope that it means what you think it means. :-D That would be cool.

Were the patches Nostromo, or for a different vessel?

I hope that it means what you think it means. :-D That would be cool.
I have further indications since, that this is indeed the case. But I am limited by what I can say at this time.
Were the patches Nostromo, or for a different vessel?
Sold with my Nostromo patches sewn on, just like all the others.

They can replace the shoulder patches of course. If this was the “company standard uniform" at the time, it makes sense there were many other vessels with the same uniform, different ship badge. Like the Navy nowadays.

They can replace the shoulder patches of course. If this was the “company standard uniform" at the time, it makes sense there were many other vessels with the same uniform, different ship badge. Like the Navy nowadays.

If they do this, step #1 is getting the art (or supplier) so you can immediately offer them...

NostromoCrew This is totally awesome!

I'm really excited that your hard work and excellent craftsmanship has garnered such high attention! This is praiseworthy!

As a side note, I need to order a new shirt since I've put on a few pounds! :)

NostromoCrew have you asked to be mentioned in the production credits? :cool::cool::cool:
And congrats btw, that's a very cool thing!
Thank you all!

I thought it wouldn’t hurt to reach out and ask, since I had a good line of communication with her. I started by asking if she received the package and what she thought about the items? "Also BTW, I connected the dots, so I’ll just go right ahead and ask (Very politely), Are you associated with the new Alien film production? I’m not after credit or recognition (I understand how it works)". Then I went on to basically offer my services and if I could be of any further assistance with other uniform pieces and even offering other items from my collection that are not on my website (in progress Alien costume projects for example).

I didn’t want credit or anything like that - because I do know that production companies do sometimes buy finished products from makers, just like any regular customer.

Wow! Very cool indeed!
I only own one of your shirts, but it's absolutely high quality enough to be used in a film or TV production.
As far as production companies using "fan made" items, a friend in the Boba Fett costume community who makes machined metal accessories has a bunch of his parts used by the team who do The Mandalorian.

True. The old-school Maverick helmet in his hangar in Top Gun Maverick was purchased on eBay.

Wow! Very cool indeed!
I only own one of your shirts, but it's absolutely high quality enough to be used in a film or TV production.
As far as production companies using "fan made" items, a friend in the Boba Fett costume community who makes machined metal accessories has a bunch of his parts used by the team who do The Mandalorian.

Very cool and well deserved!
Thank you all very much!

It’s worth noting again this is still a ‘Maybe', I don't have “official" confirmation that my uniforms are indeed being used. I wrote the lady who placed the order, very politely asking about this, the response was that she was very impressed with the detail and craftsmanship of my work, Not confirming or denying that she was associated with the film production. NDA restrictions for sure.

Even if they are used, there is no guarantee they'll end up in the film. It could be a scene that ends up on the cutting room floor, or for some background character that doesn’t get a close up. The possibilities are endless. I guess I’m waiting for the trailer, or the film itself!

Thank you all very much!

It’s worth noting again this is still a ‘Maybe', I don't have “official" confirmation that my uniforms are indeed being used. I wrote the lady who placed the order, very politely asking about this, the response was that she was very impressed with the detail and craftsmanship of my work, Not confirming or denying that she was associated with the film production. NDA restrictions for sure.

Even if they are used, there is no guarantee they'll end up in the film. It could be a scene that ends up on the cutting room floor, or for some background character that doesn’t get a close up. The possibilities are endless. I guess I’m waiting for the trailer, or the film itself!
I was thinking about how the Nostromo's crew could be part of the new film. Ridley Scott still hasn't shown how the xenomorph evolved from David placing embryos in hibernation onboard the Covenant, to a fossilized crash-landed engineer on LV-426 with thousands of eggs in the cargo hold.

I assume Alien-Romulus will tell this storyline and then maybe, there will be a passage of time of which... at the end we'll see Ash replacing the original Science Officer two days before they leave Thedus, and then the Nostromo gearing up for it's infamous launch. :)

I was thinking about how the Nostromo's crew could be part of the new film. Ridley Scott still hasn't shown how the xenomorph evolved from David placing embryos in hibernation onboard the Covenant, to a fossilized crash-landed engineer on LV-426 with thousands of eggs in the cargo hold.

I assume Alien-Romulus will tell this storyline and then maybe, there will be a passage of time of which... at the end we'll see Ash replacing the original Science Officer two days before they leave Thedus, and then the Nostromo gearing up for it's infamous launch. :)
Or it could be associated with the original science officer who was replaced with Ash. Maybe he was looking for his old crew after they failed to return to Earth from said voyage. Maybe he retraced his buddies tracks, or, found pieces of the blown up Nostromo.

My uniforms could also be used for the crew of a sister ship form the same time period. Reasonable that all crews at the time wore the same uniforms, but with a different ship badge...

Or it could be associated with the original science officer who was replaced with Ash. Maybe he was looking for his old crew after they failed to return to Earth from said voyage. Maybe he retraced his buddies tracks, or, found pieces of the blown up Nostromo.

My uniforms could also be used for the crew of a sister ship form the same time period. Reasonable that all crews at the time wore the same uniforms, but with a different ship badge...
Very true. Dallas did say he shipped out five times with the other Science Officer. Maybe the original science officer had good camaraderie with Dallas just like Kane... and Kane probably would have looked for Dallas if he was the one that had been replaced, and the Nostromo disappeared.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back