An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Consider there is more detail to the piece than seen in overhead. The semicircle was likely patterned for the purpose of running wire.

Craig

Attachments

• xwingmount.jpg
    xwingmount.jpg
    744.7 KB · Views: 127
Consider there is more detail to the piece than seen in overhead. The semicircle was likely patterned for the purpose of running wire.

Craig
ARRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

LOL. Thanks...I think. :) I might still use it for the Falcon since it's hidden. I'll keep looking. Perhaps another AMT truck.

That‘s ….. the way. Would have been really something though :(
Hey, at least we got some really great Module 6 ref (plus one broken X), thank you Craig!

Well, that's a bit of a shame that's not the right part, but it did seem odd that ILM would go to that much effort to harvest it from its surroundings.

If that's the case, I do not feel bad creating a replica. If it's ever discovered what that really is, and I've not started painting, I'll swap it out.

In the mean time, here's my stab at modelling it based on Craig's photos and measurements taken from my Sherman part. If anyone has measurements from X-Wing castings I can adjust my model accordingly.

The part in Craig's photos show sink marks on the top. I don't know if those were in the source part, or are the result of subsequent castings shown in the photos. For the purposes of the Falcon, it doesn't matter anyway because there's a Hasegawa Sherman Bogie going on top.

I've attached the STL if anyone wants to give it a go. (Tanker_96.stl)

1712326127752.png

Attachments

• Tanker_96.stl
    14.7 KB · Views: 20
See if this is of any use. I modified the semicircle to be less perfectly circular, and the front triangular supports to splay out at the base.

Well, that's a bit of a shame that's not the right part, but it did seem odd that ILM would go to that much effort to harvest it from its surroundings.

If that's the case, I do not feel bad creating a replica. If it's ever discovered what that really is, and I've not started painting, I'll swap it out.

In the mean time, here's my stab at modelling it based on Craig's photos and measurements taken from my Sherman part. If anyone has measurements from X-Wing castings I can adjust my model accordingly.

The part in Craig's photos show sink marks on the top. I don't know if those were in the source part, or are the result of subsequent castings shown in the photos. For the purposes of the Falcon, it doesn't matter anyway because there's a Hasegawa Sherman Bogie going on top.

I've attached the STL if anyone wants to give it a go. (Tanker_96.stl)

With this part I'm sure you'll find the triangular parts on the side look more like this rather than having an angled flat edge.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 14
Thank you Dave and Jimmy for sharing your files! And sorry for throwing another 2ct at this :rolleyes:
I think the semicircle should not go top to bottom completely, else you would see the Sherman structures, at least the center line, right?
1712523472678.png

Thank you Dave and Jimmy for sharing your files! And sorry for throwing another 2ct at this :rolleyes:
I think the semicircle should not go top to bottom completely, else you would see the Sherman structures, at least the center line, right?
View attachment 1808008

How's this?

Tanker_96_JB_v003.png

I've made changes to the geometry's topology, but hopefully Blender's 3D print checker works okay. Print it at your own risk.

Attachments

• Tanker_96_JB_v003.stl
    13.9 KB · Views: 19
Added the Nichimo Centurion to everything.

There is a tan version or a green version that comes in this same box.
You will notice that part #61 is slightly different. In the tan version, it has lines running across it. In the green version it is flat.

The fan built Falgal panel pics that are floating around of just this area have the one with the lines. However, the actual Falcon seems to use the flat version.
centurion hatches.jpg

Added the Nichimo Centurion to everything.

There is a tan version or a green version that comes in this same box.
You will notice that part #61 is slightly different. In the tan version, it has lines running across it. In the green version it is flat.

The fan built Falgal panel pics that are floating around of just this area have the one with the lines. However, the actual Falcon seems to use the flat version.
View attachment 1809615
That's interesting John. I have a very early boxing of this kit, parts are all tan color, with a 'wet look' sheen to them & that part doesn't have the lines in the center round in my kit.
Good spotting!.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back