An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

A little dry fitting this morning.

IMG_5043.jpeg

So before I start gluing this pit today, I want to double check two things.

1. The giant Mustang part is straight right? It doesn't get bent to the curve of the pit?
2. The little pieces inside the circuit get removed right?

Thanks.

1713104812428.png

Yep, that's how I did mine and it turned out okay. It's a bit off, and I'm not sure why, the same parts should line up the same as the original. But I think it's pretty close, and when painted few will notice the slight errors.

I had a bit of luck with the UBoat. I purchased one kit, used and open, and discovered that, while some of it had been started, it actually had 3 sprue B's in the box, along with other duplicate parts. So one purchase got me all the railings I needed.

Be aware that not all the uboat railings are the same length.

1713143764951.png

Yep, that's how I did mine and it turned out okay. It's a bit off, and I'm not sure why, the same parts should line up the same as the original. But I think it's pretty close, and when painted few will notice the slight errors.

I had a bit of luck with the UBoat. I purchased one kit, used and open, and discovered that, while some of it had been started, it actually had 3 sprue B's in the box, along with other duplicate parts. So one purchase got me all the railings I needed.

View attachment 1810129
I'm mad at myself because I meant to include the rails in the mold but forgot to add them.

View attachment 1810129
There's actually two types of railing in the U-boat kit!. Not all railings are alike & both types were utilized in a certain pattern. It's easy to miss these with a few glances, but once you know & see it, you can't unsee it!. The dish is a tricky assembly to get right, orientation wise with the kit parts & how they sit to the sidewall cut-outs.

I used both types of railings, and did notice the differences between the stanchions for both types. I tried to match them to the images I have, but I'm not sure I have it quite right.

I am certain some Sealab #36 parts face ribs up, some ribs down. I am not sure if all arrows go in the right direction though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back