An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

I hope so. I just got an Aurora New Jersey for $15. Unfortunately the only piece missing is one I need.
That stinks.

I need just like two more pieces and I'll have all the topside mandible pits finished. Of course one is a crazy rare kit. ;) I'm waiting for a cast of it.

Am I correct that there are only two rungs on part 43 here?
IMG_0569.jpeg

John,
Nice clean work. Great job done on collecting the very small greeblies.

Plan a good insertion method that permits some tolerance to float these (8) completed units in all three directions when inside the mandible skin. Adjustment can be done when placing armor over the original skin holes measurements. In any case, piping geometry is rather fixed on armor surface. Those end points must connect to very specific kit part locations in the maintenance pits. Height of every pit wall has a key greeblie that defines that dimension. But, the pit wall inside diameter can be demanding when terminating piping when the puzzle is glued down in advance.

Allowance for elevation, rotation and horizontal X&Y coordinates was my lesson learned on this design. Constantly amazed on the care given by ILM folks when selecting and matching parts that look realistic and never see the Sun shine.

Last edited:
John,
Nice clean work. Great job done on collecting the very small greeblies.

Plan a good insertion method that permits some tolerance to float these (8) completed units in all three directions when inside the mandible skin. Adjustment can be done when placing armor over the original skin holes measurements. In any case, piping geometry is rather fixed on armor surface. Those end points must connect to very specific kit part locations in the maintenance pits. Height of all every pit wall has a key greeblie that dimension. But, the pit wall inside diameter can be demanding when terminating piping when the puzzle is glued down in advance.

Allowance for elevation, rotation and horizontal X&Y coordinates was my lesson learned on this design. Constantly amazed on the care given by ILM folks when selecting and matching parts that look realistic and never see the Sun shine.
Thanks Searun. I had to go back to school today to recut a side wall because it was too tall. Those greeblies really help with the height.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back