ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

The origin of the “Sitting Target” scope cradle is still a mystery as well. It may be custom, or some limited production wartime piece of hardware.

For the antenna greeblies where they originally simply glued directly onto the bull barrel itself or did they sit on something? This I know has already been disguised way earlier but it’s always worth a new look..
B0FE0315-8CF4-4ECF-804B-81270ACB0BD3.jpeg
B5E80786-D4A4-4ED9-89C7-54BF5F7EC87D.jpeg

Whoever shared this wanted to showcase something different and the circle goes over that part of the picture, but still looks like there is a small rectangular shape under the antennas. Could be just thick residue from glue or putty, but I think the line on the right side too straight for this.
1702834953559.png

Ya that pic is from an old post by kpax showing off his build. I believe he’s in the camp of the greeblie simply being glued directly onto the bull barrel itself if I remember correctly. But that line you pointed out does seem to be awfully straight for it to be glue residue?
IMG_0136.jpeg

I also believe this to be kpax as well but I could be mistaken. Again it’s worth reposting as a lot of these conversations have already been discussed..
IMG_4604.png

It’s really hard obviously to see what is truly happening because of the picture quality but I do think whatever kpax did here is the best reproduction of the antenna. He seems to have captured its essence extremely well..
IMG_4226.jpeg

Looks like he moved it too much to the center. The original remaining antenna lines up with the side of the gun around the extractor
1702842319473.png

If there was a piece in the middle like on the merrsonns I agree that it will probably leave the kind of straight line residue. Also there will be quite some space between the 2 antennas (3rd picture above) otherwise it will be quite offset to the left (middle)

But on the merrsonns looks like the antennas are glued on the middle greeblie not on the barrel directly. So hard to say if it was done the same way on the hero how it could be removed and still have one of the antennas left on the barrel.
1702842399663.png

Last edited:
The original cradle
/mount was really heavy duty machined or cast metal right? It reminds me a lot of old European wartime rifle hardware - I admit I’ve never seen anything like it, I almost wonder if it was part of anti aircraft optics instead of a weapon

There's certainly excess glue and at least some of it is directly on the barrel on the merrsonns, but if the antennas were glued both to the barrel and the middle greeblie - I'm not sure if it is enough to hold the antenna glued to the barrel if you rip off the middle part? I'm thinking along the lines of maybe it was done on the hero like on the merrsonns, but everything was removed and then the antena was glued on top of the old residue.
1702845549184.png

Maybe it just looks like they are glued to the middle greeblie on the merrsonns because of the angle, but are glued just to the barrel.
After all on the one that is missing surely there's no paint where the antenna was, but I don't see any glue residue there (maybe there's some in the back)
1702845953681.png

Last edited:
The original cradle
/mount was really heavy duty machined or cast metal right? It reminds me a lot of old European wartime rifle hardware - I admit I’ve never seen anything like it, I almost wonder if it was part of anti aircraft optics instead of a weapon
Check Mosin Nagant scopes, certainly is not the same, but there are enough similarities to suggest that the hero's could be from a rifle scope of some sort.
1702847651859.png

There's certainly excess glue and at least some of it is directly on the barrel on the merrsonns, but if the antennas were glued both to the barrel and the middle greeblie - I'm not sure if it is enough to hold the antenna glued to the barrel if you rip off the middle part? I'm thinking along the lines of maybe it was done on the hero like on the merrsonns, but everything was removed and then the antena was glued on top of the old residue.
View attachment 1770839
Maybe it just looks like they are glued to the middle greeblie on the merrsonns because of the angle, but are glued just to the barrel.
After all on the one that is missing surely there's no paint where the antenna was, but I don't see any glue residue there (maybe there's some in the back)
View attachment 1770840

Just an FYI in that first pic so anyone stumbling across this knows was edited to “add” the full antenna greeblie. Because this pic from the SWC was edited its possible that maybe the antenna greeblie was still fully intact like it appeared in this 2nd pic but simply a bad edit job took it out?
846755E6-96DF-424F-BD8C-63B5F5F5BD28.jpeg
02ACC411-426F-47D2-B9AF-7365C24C0A22.jpeg

So it was readded to see if in-fact maybe that’s what it actually looked like..
3830DB2C-B3A0-4224-92F5-3C5DFEAD5D04.jpeg

But that’s clearly not the case once these pics were recently released by someone who from my understanding wants to remain anonymous. But he’s still right here with us so thank you!

You can clearly see nothing was lost in that SWC pic and that only the head remains..
CCB29FBD-E5B8-41DB-9D6A-05F718FCB6CC.jpeg

Last edited:
Didn't know that these were "fake" for a lack of a better word. Is this one too (looks like the rod is there)?
1702849792763.png

But I think regardless of if the rod was there or not the observations about the placement remain true

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back