Arvey Models 1/350th scale EDF (Space Battleship Yamato) warships

Greetings followers, I'm still alive and plan to get back to this subject this summer...I hope. And what is this 'Bump" foolishness, akumazeto? Too many projects, too little time.

Greetings fans, I'm back for now but not on this project. I'll be posting a new thread about the last big project I actually finished. Moebius' Flying Sub kit... with all of the bells and whistles (and a couple of special modifications. Below is a teaser pic and hope to get back to the Yamato stuff soon. Thanks
IMG_1301.JPG

I took some time out and used my back drop to shoot some photos of some models I have finished over the years. These are mainly Yamato series models by Arvey and Bandai... (except the last photo). Enjoy.
IMG_1762.JPG IMG_1763.JPG IMG_1778.JPG

Thanks blakeh1, I'm afraid that the last Yamato model that I completed was the big Lexington that's mentioned above. The one actual Yamato model that I have finished was in my office at work on the day of the shoot.

Greeting folks, just to let you all know that life has a way of showing you who is boss. As for this project, I officially did the typical government thing and (due to issues that I will mention in a moment), I disposed of everything related to the Arvey Yamato models. The fact that Bandai issued good models from Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and 2202, made me loose interest in the handful of Arvey offings. I have gotten into doing model shows and started trying to improve my modeling skills. I did learn a lot but loss of interest in these models, the family business, and looking ahead to possible retirement with my beloved Monique. Other model projects had been paired down and things were looking good.
Then came Christmas 2022. It was three months after my wife had a fibroid tumor removed. She started having a pain in her lower gut. After a trip to the ER, we were told that she had cancer… stage 4. Very rare and aggressive. Four weeks later she was gone. During this adventure, my folks completed the sale of the family business. After 45 years of work, I have to work for someone different. The past year has been tough but things have finally started to settle. As I steer life’s ship by myself now, my interest in the hobby is coming back and there are some things that are on my model bucket list. I thought I should close this subject out, but I have managed to acquire the components for the Primitive Dave Cygnus model. Just waiting on the last of the parts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back