Done / Completed Batman '89 Speargun kit LAST ONE with gearbox

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
*run is done*

Aaaaand a video of the gearbox in action!

So, please send me a PM if you're interested in getting one!

Attachments

• collectedparts.jpg
    collectedparts.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 296
  • assytest_1.jpg
    assytest_1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Re: Batman '89 Speargun kit, prepped for electronics.

Very interested. Glad to provide any more references of SD's batgun if you need it.

Re: Batman '89 Speargun kit, prepped for electronics.

Very interested. Glad to provide any more references of SD's batgun if you need it.

Thanks, I'm good now. Not basing this on any particular model. Until I got a couple measurements (just to compare) confirmed from you I had only used photos and guesses. I'm glad I got so close!

Re: Batman '89 Speargun kit, hollowed for electronics.

Ready to take orders on these. Have already started to make a few parts since I have top do the smaller pieces in batches of about 8 for them to turn out right. Uploaded a photo of the kit loosely assembled- virtually no cleanup or sanding beyond primer being applied so you can see them "raw".

On second thought I'm gonna go and change a couple things. I'll still take orders from here on in, but I need to go in and reshape the main body, which is an easy fix. I want to straighten out the lower part, where you would have your trigger-finger, so that it doesn't "indent" the way it does at present. A lot of replicas have it that way but I'm seeing more and more screen used images that are straight there.

Body update went perfectly. (I uploaded a photo in the first post) Now taking orders for this!

Bumping this because I've just ordered a new batch of plastic... down to six kits in the first batch.

I am interested as well. How does one go about placing an order?

Dave B.

Re: Batman '89 Speargun kit with WORKING GEARBOX

Bumping this. First post has been edited because I've done a MAJOR reworking of the kit so that it now has a working gearbox!

Hi will you be offering a fully assembled, painted & working speargun?

Hi will you be offering a fully assembled, painted & working speargun?

I occasionally take on commissions to do finished props. They usually end up costing 2-3 times as much as the kit version.

will the kit come with instructions (maybe recommandations regarding ideal glue, the right screws, accurate paint color, etc)? what's the diameter and thickness of the hollow wire compartment? that would help to know what spring loaded device could fit in there! thanks and again great work.

will the kit come with instructions (maybe recommandations regarding ideal glue, the right screws, accurate paint color, etc)? what's the diameter and thickness of the hollow wire compartment? that would help to know what spring loaded device could fit in there! thanks and again great work.

I can help with any specific questions. I don't have any instruction sheet since the basic assembly of the parts should be straight-forward to anyone with moderate model making experience and the setup of how/where to attach a motor will be up to the individual depending on what they decide. Which screws depends on where in the world you are (dimensioned in metric or imperial) so it's impossible for me to recommend an exact screw. Generally, people use flat machine screws for the front panel and button-head allen screws for the handle. Best glue (in order) is: Acrifix 116 (plexiglass glue), 2-part epoxy or superglue. Accurate paint: semi-gloss black. Compartment is about 40mmX16mm at the round part. (If you have a specific spring mechanism in mind I CAN print it deeper/thicker if you tell me beforehand but I can't make it wider.) That said, making this fully functional with either a motor and gears or a spring loaded hook reel IS a more advanced modeling challenge.

Note: anyone thinking of getting one and asking me to supply the brass gears needs to do so asap. My supplier of gears will not be restocking when their current supply is gone... and it's going fast.

I am about to retire this kit due to the metal gears needed being discontinued. I am offering my last spare set of gears with a kit for $250 shipped, as a holiday special.

You got it. Sent you a PM.

That's all for this one folks. Thanks to everyone who got in on this. I think the final count is around 5-6 kits total.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back