Behind the scenes discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan,

While I disagree with some of the points you are making, it's very refreshing to see a moderator posting on this thread that that has actually given some thought to these issues and is able to present those thoughts in a respectful and intelligent manner that is not defensive, offensive or seemingly biased. Bravo!

I would like to point out that I did not mean to imply that any of the mods 'enjoy' banning people, but rather that the current system is open to abuse, and has been abused by the admins on several occasions.

Furthermore, I don't think that calls for transparency are asking for every 'pip' that is handed out should be announced and discussed, but rather that when a very serious action like banning takes place, the reasons should be presented to the members in detail, so that it is 'transparent' that the banned member is not getting the shaft, but has legitmateley and traceably committed sufficient infractions against the forum and its members to merit a ban.

The hobby is the only one I'm aware of to generate such extreme personalities and cliques, many of whom have pulled some pretty horrible stunts over the years, to 'get one up' on their rivals. It is becoming increasingly difficult to differentiate the RPF staff from such a clique or gang, and the comments of one or two mods in this thread have re-inforcedthat viewpoint even more strongly.

No sir I am not. In fact, I didn't even specifically mention your name once. And I really don't care if my answers are acceptable to you to be quite honest sir, they are what they are.

You responded to my quote, why would you "mention my name"? And yes, you lumped me in without reading it, like it or not. When you post pabulum like "Don't judge others..." it shows you have not read a thing I wrote because what you wrote isn't applicable.

Let me address these points personally.

I'll sum it up here: We feel no need to air dirty laundry for all to see. To do so is simply a gang mentality..... everyone pick on the bad guy.

Issues are addressed and are dealt with privately in most instances for the good of the community as a whole, or rather what the administration of this forum feels is for the good of the community as a whole.

You know that Juno got a pip because she decided to come out and tell everyone. That's her right to do that if she chooses. We will nto violate someone else's right to privacy. Why don't you write some of the other people mentioned in your comments to see if they have a pip? It is their prerogative if they choose to tell you or not and in the interests of privacy we choose to have private PM's for most issues that require administrative intervention.

I would love to be able to log on here every day and the most I have to do is move a thread or delete a thread in the junkyard. Unfortunately that is not the case. It is not like we get some sort of sick thrill or feeling of power by intervening. Most of us hate it in fact but we have to do it.

Again, you do not know if these people have been dealt with or not and it is ignorant to assume they have not. That's all I will say.

Actually, I do know whether or not these people were dealt with.

Obviously ortiz wasn't because he is able to go around and gloat about other members getting more points--people who have gotten in trouble don't do that.

And obviously Agent5 got away with his behavior because specifically after calling out a moderator on their biased attack against me and their letting others get away with far worse, nothing happened that was directly aimed at his behavior. And this was all done publically on the thread so enough with the "We mods don't embarrass others," stuff when thbe opposite is true.

And why are you getting offended in the first place? These are factual occurences, written down in a blunt, non-biased manner that explain why many members here feel there are back-door deals with the mods and certain members. That's all. This isn't random *****ing, this is providing concrete examples of what mods have done that lead to people getting the perceptions they do. I can understand the mods being embarrassed about having their mistakes trotted out, that's fine--but to go on the warpath because somebody is showing nothing more than cause and effect with actual examples is, to be frank, pathetic. Because it boils down to damning the members if they do and if they don't. I'm a jerk if I join in a thread such as this and just start throwing out random insults, and I'm a jerk if I do nothing more than provide factual evidence of where members get ther perceptions based on mod failings and it is done in an unbiased manner.

Well it's the truth Flynn. This is a friggin forum, a damn hobby for the love of God. It's so minor in life that it is probably almost insignificant.

That's about the dumbest statement I've seen yet on this thread. If that's all you think this board is you really should quit because you have no clue about what actually goes on here.

As someone else said, money and products exchange hands here daily, as well as careers being made.

Increadible. These are not the comments a moderator should be making.

As for his question about if someone could do a better job than him. Yes, I could, his attitude and statements on this thread demonstrates he's clueless as to the function of this board; as he considers it insignificant. Thousands of dollars of goods and services go through this board and he thinks it's insignificant.

I bet he doesn't think his 50 hour a week job is insignificant, well some people work more hours than that in this "hobby".

Amazing.

That's about the dumbest statement I've seen yet on this thread. If that's all you think this board is you really should quit because you have no clue about what actually goes on here.

As someone else said, money and products exchange hands here daily, as well as careers being made.

Perhaps I should clarify my statement.

First off all, this thread has got me hot under the collar and I didn't take the proper time to think before I responded.

What I mean is that the policies of this forum are very small in comparison to the hobby as a whole and that the "hobby" part is very small in comparison to real life issues. It becomes a whole different story for people who make a living doing this.

Juno started this thread to question some of the practices of the administration. Sure, we make mistakes but most things I think we do correctly. These things we do incorrectly are small and insignificant next to the good things we do here everyday, and in comparison to the good things the members do to contribute to this hobby.

I love the RPF and I love this hobby. I also love being a moderator, and I've made mistakes along the way... some in the way I have responded to some extent in this thread. If I have offended anyone I apologize nad I apologize for the door hitting you in the ass comment, it was uncalled for. I try to serve this community as best I can.

The thread I think has sufficiently answered Juno's inital concerns. We, as staff, will continue to review it and perhaps make some changes in the way some things are done. We will update the membership on this as need be. In the meantime let's all get back to enjoying this hobby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back