Predatorium Brand new site, same great community

I log on, scroll over to my name in the top right corner and click preferences. Everything is checked, including "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." and "and receive email notifications of replies". I un-check those and click "save changes", and all is fine while I'm logged in. I have also un-checked EVERYTHING on the alert preferences, even stuff that has nothing to do with email. Again, all is fine while I'm still logged in. Once I log out and log back in it's all checked again. I tried un-checking everything in the preferences but it all comes back once I log out and back in. I also go to the right hand top of the page (watch thread) that I'm on and click on "without receiving email notifications", and click watch thread. Same as all the rest. When I go back to that thread the box is checked for me to receive email notifications. I tried unwatching every thread that has had activity (whether I've posted there or not) and that works until I log out. As soon as I log out the email bombardment starts, and all the settings I changed go back to the way they were. There may be an instance where I want an email from a topic I'm involved in, but I could really care less about getting notified when someone posts in the model and statue section that I don't even visit. The only way I've been able to avoid it all was to report the site as spam, and block the email. Now I can go to my gmail spam folder and see everything that anyone posted in any area of the forum. I'm all about the changes, and like the way the new site looks and feels, but this could be the thing that turns me away for good.

As far as the phone issue, it's post #37 in this topic. I can log in and look around, but as soon as I try and post or reply it logs me out and tells me i have to create an account to post or reply.

Brian

wonko, I wonder if there is some type of caching or cookie issue that is causing this. I looked at your account and can't see anything out of line. I have just tried the steps you did and had no prob.

Trying the phone thing next.

If it's a caching or cookie issue then it's on all 5 computers in my house, and only happens with this new software on this site. I haven't touched my cookie settings since the move, and have cleared cookies, and done numerous hard refreshes. Guess I should have mentioned that I have an LG android phone. I'm personally not so concerned about the mobile thing because I rarely post on forums from my phone, but there may be others having the same problem that only access here via mobile and can't post to tell you about the problem.

Brian

By the way, it all happened again when I logged back in this time :mad:

Brian, I am going to reset your password and log into your account myself to see what is going on. Once I am done, I will email you a new password.

Hi Art, any idea why my profile name has changed from troggs to Derek13? it's always been troggs since I joined, thanks, Derek

Last edited:
Lots of ironing to do by the looks of it lol

On a move this big, there will always be a few small things here and there. However, overall, this is one of the smoothest migrations I have ever seen, especially considering the site has been migrated twice before.

I can say that you've got me back on this site again Art! The trophies and ranks were good ideas! Would ask for more info on the ranks, like what are the requirements for each rank, but that's not a good idea haha, then people would just post to get more towards their ranks. Anyways thanks for giving me the want to get back on here again :)

Hahaha... the titles are pretty simple. They essentially double at every step, so it takes twice as long to get to the next level up.

I REALLY want to have a way to reward members with actual physical items (Predatorium swag) as they move up the ladder.

well all of my close friends are elites or higher, so you can imagine, I feel like I have to catch up haha! What are the names of the titles?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back