Building The ANH 5'Millennium Falcon

Every time I see your Falcon pictures and those of Lee & Sean, I go through the cycle of amazement, depression and the pleasure derived from improving my build. Many thanks.
Searun. Your build is unique unto itself & very much admired here by myself & many, many others. I see your updates & think wow, how do you do that, so I also gaze upon your build with amazement. Metal is by far, not an easy medium, but you are the master of this & the results speak for themselves.
My hat is always tipped to you sir!.

An update on finishing up the lower cockpit detailing & paneling.
Through using card templates before committing to cutting my pre-curved styrene, to marking out panel placement lines, checking & re-checking positioning...I got there, whew!.
The underside is complex to match the original in all its aspects. The 'wraparound' styrene panel that meets the curved area between hull & cockpit, is by far, the hardest panel to get right on the Falcon to what one sees in reference pics. This one panel took much fiddling & shaping to sit as it should. Luckily I didn't have any issues with surrounding areas being off & this one panel did indeed fit to my hopes it would.
Also got the 'blast' hole damage mostly done as well. A little refinement on this I think yet to add to give it 'just that bit more blown apart look'.
20221211_184631.jpg
20221211_184553.jpg
20221211_183920.jpg
20221211_175947.jpg
20221211_173801.jpg
20221211_173725.jpg

Last edited:
Stu,

As you enter year 11 of your build, may the new year bring completion, and base coat, and top coat, and the beginning of paint details to fruition -- I say this in sincere hopes of a great year ahead, and in the enlightened self-interest of wanting further inspiration and guidance to keep working on my own build. And more video tutorials, while you're at it!!! We love those.

Stu,
Again a complex area defined. Your Falcon sets a very high bar in craftsmanship. Superb photography record validates this in every step of the build.

I study these like a detective looking at “mug shots.” Almost feels like cheating, but the Falcon has hooked me.
Thank you so much Searun.
I'm glad you find my build & pictures helpful with your own magnificent build, but as I always say to others endeavoring to replicate their own 5 foot Falcons, always refer to the actual references of the original, no matter how good a replica may appear, just to be sure!.

Stu,

As you enter year 11 of your build, may the new year bring completion, and base coat, and top coat, and the beginning of paint details to fruition -- I say this in sincere hopes of a great year ahead, and in the enlightened self-interest of wanting further inspiration and guidance to keep working on my own build. And more video tutorials, while you're at it!!! We love those.
Read,
Oh boy, has it been THAT long haha.
But it's been a fun 11 years & yes its coming to a closure, very soon...it's close!.
I'll have more here soon on another section being realised & I'll get another one or two videos up also.
As always, appreciate the feedback & very happy to know that yourself & others get a kick out of seeing & talking all things 5 footer Falcon!.

Is THAT little guy (dead center of picture) a Nichimo tank greeblie?

1675604798517.jpeg

I never noticed him before. Starting to realize why they call you "Eagle" eyes. When I first saw it on the original I thought it was just a piece of scrap Plastruct debris that some bored ILMer put on there for fun.

Hi Stu,

Hope all is well.

Sent you a Private message (here and FB). Just looking for the status of my Cone. If you could respond, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Kevin B.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back