Done / Completed **Closed**TFA: Melted Vader Helmet (MasterEdi V2)

Hey guys, just wanted to check in as I've gotten a few PMs.

I just moved out to California and unfortunately I'm in a one bed room apartment..... with roommates..
Molding and castings these would be very difficult currently. Thankfully, I have picked up work at a special effects shop, and I will ask if I can have some space and time for personal projects after work. I would really love to continue this run for Ed. It is such an amazing piece.

I will do everything I can to make this happen, just understand, it will take some time.
Thabk you for your patience.

Jack

Hey guys, just wanted to check in as I've gotten a few PMs.

I just moved out to California and unfortunately I'm in a one bed room apartment..... with roommates..
Molding and castings these would be very difficult currently. Thankfully, I have picked up work at a special effects shop, and I will ask if I can have some space and time for personal projects after work. I would really love to continue this run for Ed. It is such an amazing piece.

I will do everything I can to make this happen, just understand, it will take some time.
Thabk you for your patience.

Jack

Thanks for the update, great news this amazing V2 run may continue as I already have the V1 which is the highlight of my collection, but sorry if this has been dealt with & I missed, but will the current "Wait List" be used or should everyone send PM trying to scramble for a position in your possible build list? thanks...

Ok, so i dont want to sound like a broken record but some of you may or may not know whats going on in my life right now. So i haven't had the time to transfer pictures from my iPod, to my computer, convert them, then host them.

but thanks to photo bucket being a jerk, i was up late 2 nights in a row transferring, converting, and uploading photos.

first off i want to thank Edi. I was really close on the top of the list but asked to be moved to the bottom with stuff happening in my life. Im so glad i was able to squeeze in on this. Edi, was true to his word in the exact day it was going to be done, the exact day he was going to ship it. His communication was great and wicked descriptive.

this thing is a total piece of art. the attention to detail is out of this world. i mean theres wiring cast inside this thing! wires that look like it goes to vaders mouth, wires that look like structural support, the tusk looks amazing! the paint job sells this thing! the color matches perfectly to what we see on screen. the weathering, everything is absolutely amazing.

i even told Edi, usually when i get a package i open it up and take pictures step by step. 1 the box as it came, 2 the box open with the packing inside, 3 some packaging removed exposing the item inside so on and so on.

speaking of packaging, the packaging was a total professional job!! i am a real green person so when i see styrofoam i cringe. but with something like this it styrofoam peanuts is needed and did a PERFECT job of protecting this baby on its way through its travels.

once i moved some of the peanuts i got so excited i stopped documenting the unboxing lol ANYWAY! you guys have waited enough! are you ready?! .... i can't hear you? :sleep I said ARE YOU READY!?!?!??! :devil

( the water bottle is for scaling purpose, this sucker is HUGE)
UGOwg95.jpg

IhwXJPe.jpg

gdCL0oN.jpg

9PG5NiV.jpg

here are those wires, just amazing. i would have never thought it would be like this
nyzyU2b.jpg

i mean look at this weathering job, I'm still blown away. funny story, when this thing showed up i sent a photo for my friend who has had me do a lot of commission work for him, he FLEW over to my house lol. he was totally amazed, he was afraid to even touch it lol
8bDsLSe.jpg

below is probably my favorite picture of it. you know u guys made me even vacuum my carpet :rolleyes

3gGqP8r.jpg

every angle is pure art work
2b7c8Oa.jpg

its not going to stay like this, its protected right now. but I'm in the process of cutting up from left over finish birch plywood to make a proper display case for this with a base full of ashes
9PkLzNy.jpg

Edi i have to personally thank you again for all the hard work and working with me on this, i am so ecstatic over this. I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

You ordered the painted version correct? This looks amazing! I hope the mold holds out so I can get one too. I'm a few further down the list..

Ok, so i dont want to sound like a broken record but some of you may or may not know whats going on in my life right now. So i haven't had the time to transfer pictures from my iPod, to my computer, convert them, then host them.

but thanks to photo bucket being a jerk, i was up late 2 nights in a row transferring, converting, and uploading photos.

first off i want to thank Edi. I was really close on the top of the list but asked to be moved to the bottom with stuff happening in my life. Im so glad i was able to squeeze in on this. Edi, was true to his word in the exact day it was going to be done, the exact day he was going to ship it. His communication was great and wicked descriptive.

this thing is a total piece of art. the attention to detail is out of this world. i mean theres wiring cast inside this thing! wires that look like it goes to vaders mouth, wires that look like structural support, the tusk looks amazing! the paint job sells this thing! the color matches perfectly to what we see on screen. the weathering, everything is absolutely amazing.

i even told Edi, usually when i get a package i open it up and take pictures step by step. 1 the box as it came, 2 the box open with the packing inside, 3 some packaging removed exposing the item inside so on and so on.

speaking of packaging, the packaging was a total professional job!! i am a real green person so when i see styrofoam i cringe. but with something like this it styrofoam peanuts is needed and did a PERFECT job of protecting this baby on its way through its travels.

once i moved some of the peanuts i got so excited i stopped documenting the unboxing lol ANYWAY! you guys have waited enough! are you ready?! .... i can't hear you? :sleep I said ARE YOU READY!?!?!??! :devil

( the water bottle is for scaling purpose, this sucker is HUGE)
http://i.imgur.com/UGOwg95.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IhwXJPe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gdCL0oN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9PG5NiV.jpg

here are those wires, just amazing. i would have never thought it would be like this
http://i.imgur.com/nyzyU2b.jpg

i mean look at this weathering job, I'm still blown away. funny story, when this thing showed up i sent a photo for my friend who has had me do a lot of commission work for him, he FLEW over to my house lol. he was totally amazed, he was afraid to even touch it lol
http://i.imgur.com/8bDsLSe.jpg

below is probably my favorite picture of it. you know u guys made me even vacuum my carpet :rolleyes

http://i.imgur.com/3gGqP8r.jpg

every angle is pure art work
http://i.imgur.com/2b7c8Oa.jpg

its not going to stay like this, its protected right now. but I'm in the process of cutting up from left over finish birch plywood to make a proper display case for this with a base full of ashes
http://i.imgur.com/9PkLzNy.jpg

Edi i have to personally thank you again for all the hard work and working with me on this, i am so ecstatic over this. I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Yes, Edi painted mine. seeing the pictures, and then seeing it in real life is totally different. once you open the box you realize just how LIFE SIZE this thing really is. even the inside of the helmet is textured and painted. I'm totally blown away by this thing. it truly is my centerpiece in my collection. i haven't gotten something for myself in a VERY long time. I'm so glad Edi made this possible

Thanks Halliwax for posting those and your kind comments. I do appreciate everyone's patience... just a update. I will continue down the list in order. I already have Jagjaguwar's helm cast, but I'm currently having to go out of town on a work trip, so his will be finishing up by the 20th. I have another one shipping out this week for Gabe, who contacted me many many months ago on Instagram. So just FYI, they are in process... But I really want to take my time with each one of these. As the mold breaks down I have to hand carve and even re-sculpt certain sections. I don't mind doing this, but it does add work, and time. I will contact you according to the list, and once Mr. Mold Maker is ready, I'll pass the baton. I really don't want to add any new names to a already huge list for interest or waiting, when I'm not even sure if it's realistic that everyone will get one. Sorry for that. The lists are closed. No more, from my end, will be added. Once I hand off my sculpt, the rest will be at Mr Mold Makers discretion... Thank you again, I'll do my best to make as many as I can, and let you know when it's no longer possible.

@ Master Edi.. would love to know if its realistic to assume i could get one of those master pieces? I am 20th on the list i know its impossible to say its just a desperate attempt of getting reassurance
i m sorry :cry

Yes, Edi painted mine. seeing the pictures, and then seeing it in real life is totally different. once you open the box you realize just how LIFE SIZE this thing really is. even the inside of the helmet is textured and painted. I'm totally blown away by this thing. it truly is my centerpiece in my collection. i haven't gotten something for myself in a VERY long time. I'm so glad Edi made this possible

Awesome photos, Halliwax! I'm so happy you got it. I can't wait to see the base you make for it. & I'm geeking out seeing it on the same Detolf shelf as my v1 :D

It came! And it's beautiful. Hoping to be able to post pics in a few days, I'd like to do it justice and where it's temporarily sitting will just not do.

Thank you, Master Edi! :cheers

Congrats! Can't wait to see your photos :)
It is truly a masterpiece.

I'm pretty far down on the list. So I'm living vicariously through all of your photos. But, I'm still loving my v1 from MasterEdi!

Hey Ed! I know it's prob too late but anyway I can get added to the list at all? I'm willing to wait a few years or however long it takes! Your work is amazing thanks!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back