Unlimited Run Cosmo Dragoon (3D Printed Kit)

Re: 3D Printed Kit - Cosmo Dragoon

Man, I'm bummed that this isn't attracting more interest!

Mark in Okinawa

I know what you mean! looks like we only have around 6 or 7 interested so far. I mean come on! Everyone loves Harlock (at least in my mind)!

I know what you mean! looks like we only have around 6 or 7 interested so far. I mean come on! Everyone loves Harlock (at least in my mind)!

Here in Italy is one of the most loved character ever!:love

C'mon Italian guys get out from the woods!!

Regards,

Alberto

No worries, I have a modeller who wants to do this, but he's tied up for a couple months. We'll get it done, we'll just keep bumping it, looking for more interest

No worries, I have a modeller who wants to do this, but he's tied up for a couple months. We'll get it done, we'll just keep bumping it, looking for more interest

Don't forget brandomack offer please, real wooden grips with skull insert would be killer on this!:angel:cool

Regards,

Alberto

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello Folks

Well in my search of the net for information on the Cosmo Dragoon I have found something rather interesting. To what I have been able to find the "uber" replica of the thing may have been created by a company called "VICE" in Japan. I have seen a couple of these kits for sale on both EBAY and Japan's Yahoo Auctions. The replica has been listed from between $500.00 to over (way over) $1500.00!!! The most important thing I have found about this replica and the reason I bring it up here is size. This bad boy is HUGH!!!!! Note this quote I got off the net a few minutes ago;

The gun is really big and heavy. It measures 46cm, the size of the replicas is 1/1, not like the one that was made by Marushin (only 26.5cm).

For those like me who may be metrically challenged 46 cm and 26.5 cm are 18.11 and 10.43 inches respectively. Now I must admit I have "never" seen the shorter one that is mentioned, but I KNOW I would love to be able to get one at 18+ inches long. So I don't know exactly what such proportions will do to the final price of the 3D printed version proposed here "but" I know the 14 inch versions available feel "KID" sized to some and as a result something for the "adult" hand would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

DarKev2

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a 23.5 inch monitor and put zoom at 190%. The picture you have in post 1 is then right around 46 cm in real life.
I held my hand up to the screen and the grip and trigger seemed about right for my hand.
I think 46 cm is right on the money.

P.S. I'd be in for one.

Last edited:

These two are the best I've seen: 20130811deagostini-select01[1].jpg20130811deagostini-select04[1].jpgcosmodragoon3fo[1] french made from resin kit.png. The first one is made my Tanaka Thunder Workshop. The second one is a hand made French version.

Of course you can always look at the thread this thread grew out of. On page 7 I post a number of pics of the many different versions of the cosmo dragoon. Here is the link:http://www.therpf.com/f75/u-pic-we-make-3d-printed-gun-kit-216662/index7.html Of course there are a lot of good ones out there. For my part here is one I kit bashed back in the late 90's. It is 41.5 cm long. I didn't have a kit or anything. Here are some pics:Cosmo Dragoon a1.JPGCosmo Dragoon j.JPGSANY0050.JPGThere are several defects (not the least of which is that it is a tad too small). I relish the prospect of giving it another go.

Keep the info coming. We're going to start some modelling as we get a bit closer to Easter break.

Not quite yet, but soon. If anyone's got good reference, feel free to post it here

Hello rgriesbeck

So did you and your team start modeling ???

darkev2

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite yet, but soon. If anyone's got good reference, feel free to post it here

Hello rgriesbeck

So did you and your team start modeling ???

darkev2

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else finding this site double posting a lot lately?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else finding this site double posting a lot lately?

Yes, it took longer than normal after clicking "post reply" and then double printed my message. I had to go back and edit.

I'm looking for anyone with picks of it opening. I need to wrap my head around the mechanics of this one before modelling starts...

Honestly I don't believe it opens at all I've never seen them reload the gun its pretty much draw, point, shoot, and be the most bad ass thing ever animated.

It may be based off the colt dragoon in size and shape but in the sense for the show its for all intents and purposes a laser gun from my understanding.

I know that isn't much help but thats just my memory from being a big Harlock/Galaxy Express fan.

I think at one point in the first Galaxy Express 999 movie one of the characters cocks the the Dragoon by pulling back on that rear piece but then again thinking of it now it might have just been a random animation because it only happens once in the whole movie.

Yep. I've seen one Harlock movie and two Galaxy Express movies. But I don't recall much about the weapon other than it's really cool. The main character in Galaxy Express movie is basically a child and they point out in the movie that this is an "adult" weapon. He uses it anyway.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back