Limited Run Darth Maul TPM screen accurate lightsaber prop

Ok gang, I’ve gotten a ton of PMs about the thread length. I haven’t even unboxed this yet.

Tonight I’m doing my unboxing

Tomorrow I’m grabbing the threaded rod

Wednesday I’ll do the assembly, and rod deburring video

It’s very important To have clean thread once you cut the rod, you can easily screw up Dan’s threaded section

Don’t be lazy make sure it’s clean!

IMG_0276.jpg

Was there supposed to be more then 5 rubber washers? Because that all I got. Otherwise everything looks amazing.

YAAA!! I found those two little bits hiding in the box. Thanks guys! Thankfully the box is very well sealed, those little suckers ain't gettin' out.

I'm also excited to go shopping with Halliwax tomorrow at LOWES.... at least in spirit. Your videos are always great by the way.

Great video!

Sorry the bag ripped, if there's any damage, let me know.

To answer your questions, there was no metal hero Maul saber.
The initial saber that they machined was a much smaller piece that Ray Park couldn't work with. So they too castings and doubled up on the inner sections to create the prop. So all screen used Mauls were resin.

As to, how'd I do it. I started by taking dimensions from an original casting of a Sasee Tin saber I own. Then I made a 3d model. I upscaled the model to get it to match a 1st Gen casting. Then I had it3d printed, cleaned up, then cast.

Great video!

Sorry the bag ripped, if there's any damage, let me know.

To answer your questions, there was no metal hero Maul saber.
The initial saber that they machined was a much smaller piece that Ray Park couldn't work with. So they too castings and doubled up on the inner sections to create the prop. So all screen used Mauls were resin.

As to, how'd I do it. I started by taking dimensions from an original casting of a Sasee Tin saber I own. Then I made a 3d model. I upscaled the model to get it to match a 1st Gen casting. Then I had it3d printed, cleaned up, then cast.

Dan!! Thanks for posting this! I’m going to mention this in the tutorial video!!

No damage! The way you pack these things are perfect!!

Dude I love this silver!!! Do you have any idea what brand it is?! It’s so metal looking it’s scary!

The weight is unbelievable! I wouldn’t be surprised if this is heavier then a empty FX saber. I love the heft to it!

Wicked job man!!!

YAAA!! I found those two little bits hiding in the box. Thanks guys! Thankfully the box is very well sealed, those little suckers ain't gettin' out.

I'm also excited to go shopping with Halliwax tomorrow at LOWES.... at least in spirit. Your videos are always great by the way.

Oh we are going buddy!! Get ready!! Gotta get a spacer washer for the center o ring. Remind me when we’ve there!

Got mine today as well. It is fantastic! I've never had or even held a resin hilt before and if you told me it was metal, I would've believed you.

Dan!! Thanks for posting this! I’m going to mention this in the tutorial video!!

No damage! The way you pack these things are perfect!!

Dude I love this silver!!! Do you have any idea what brand it is?! It’s so metal looking it’s scary!

The weight is unbelievable! I wouldn’t be surprised if this is heavier then a empty FX saber. I love the heft to it!

Wicked job man!!!

I'd have to pull out the scale but just by holding the two body halves in one hand and my KR Maul in the other, it feels like the Starkiller is heavier. Once the rod and washers are attached, it's for sure going to be heavier:). Speaking of the KR, it's really nice but the coloring of the buttons/greeblies on the Starkiller has that much desired "screen look". And that silver like you said is wicked.

This is my first Starkiller hilt and I'm wondering why I waited so long to get one. I always knew Dan was good, but this is even better than expected(y).

Man, this is gorgeous. I seem to have lost one of the cosmetic 3/8” endcap discs, but, other than that, all parts are accounted for and are amazing.

I already cut my threaded rod down to size and screwed everything together. I used a Dremel with a cutoff wheel, and then carefully drum-sanded and hand-filed the end to deburr the threads. Took a few attempts to get the sizing right. I wanted to make sure the fit was right, so I cut the rod a little long, then took off a few threads at a time until everything locking into place during test-fitting.

I think I’ll wait for Halliwax’s tutorial before performing final assembly. And I’ll probably install a Covertec wheel for accuracy, since I believe the hero prop had one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back