Limited Run Darth Maul TPM screen accurate lightsaber prop

The rod can be cut a little shorter than the maximum allowable length and threaded into the end caps. The end caps hold everything together like two nuts, exerting pressure and keeping everything together.

The threaded rod doesn't actually pass all the way through the end caps. It just looks that way. The effect is created with two 3/8 think discs placed into the face

I'm concerned about alignment. The two halves must obviously align perfectly. I suspect the way to do this is to begin with a rod that has a length much longer than necessary. Then screw on the two halves until they meet perfectly aligned. This means you need extra length such that the threads of the rod "fit" nicely to get the two halves aligned. This is trial and error. Once that done, then proceed to cut off the excess length on either end of the staff to get the correct length knowing that the halves are already aligned.

I was just doing a mental experiment trying to picture how to get the staff aligned. I don't think it would work if the length of the rod is cut first to the correct length and then try to screw on the two halves. There is no guarantee of alignment at the midpoint of this pre-cut rod.

Don’t worry too much, Dan and I will come up with the easiest way of assembly for everyone ;)

Right now, my folks condo is covered with boxes and sabers. I had a small snag in that I ran out of o-rings. (I thought I'd ordered more than I had). But 500 of them should be arriving tonight, so I can tape up all the boxes and get the first lot in the post tomorrow morning

You the man!

The first batch went out today. Unfortunately, the international charge was more than I had been quoted. I had asked for 27.50 for international postage for one kit and 35.00 for two but it was on average 35.00-37.00 for one kit and $60.00 for two.

So, I'm going to eat the difference for those who already paid.

But, if you have yet to pay, and your international, the new shipping cost is

$37.00 for one kit
$60.00 for two kits

The first batch went out today. Unfortunately, the international charge was more than I had been quoted. I had asked for 27.50 for international postage for one kit and 35.00 for two but it was on average 35.00-37.00 for one kit and $60.00 for two.

So, I'm going to eat the difference for those who already paid.

But, if you have yet to pay, and your international, the new shipping cost is

$37.00 for one kit
$60.00 for two kits

Hey, I guess you are using priority shipping as it seems quite expensive. First class is usually perfect, at least for France, it's as fast, it's tracked and I never got any problem.
quick question, will you update paypal or something to provide a tracking number? this is important however, being able to track and international order is quite important.
thank you

Very cool - much better than the references I was playing with :D

If anyone is wondering, I'm gonna work on the rod this week and get the interest/signup thread going next week, so please trying to avoid spamming the post with "how are we gonna get the rod" questions for a bit :D

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back