Limited Run Darth Maul TPM screen accurate lightsaber prop

By the way...while I know that the Luke ROTJ hero is likely next on the docket, I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon hero replicas from Anakin Starkiller so as to complete the TPM 20th anniversary set. Just sayin’.

Seconded!

Not to praise AS too much, though, lest he get a swelled head...I do think that the button color is off, based on the reference. I think I may repaint them. What do y’all think would be a good match? Someone mentioned that aluminum with a clear red coat would likely simulate the anodizing of the metal hero TPM sabers’ buttons, but I wonder what they used on the actual Maul props.

I’ve got a question. I’ve been wondering what the filming prop of the damaged Maul saber looks like. I cannot find any reference pics of the real damaged filming prop. Wouldn’t mind getting a second kit and doing that one.

Next AS run...hoping for that Mace Windu saber but would like to see Qui Gon or Kenobi Ep 1 hilt too.

I am upset that this is my first Starkiller kit, wish I knew about the previous saber kits from him. Everywhere I search the reviews are stellar.

Photo of one of the breakaway props in the first post on this page:

eFX ANNOUNCES LEGEND DARTH MAUL HERO LIGHTSABER!! see post#53!!!

And, of course, Master Replicas created their own interpretation of the damaged saber.

There's a collage of the same images linked above without the photobucket watermarks in this post: Darth Maul lightsaber versions.

What's interesting is that the greeblie-crystal detail that MR put on their damaged saber is the canon look for the end as that's how it appeared in the Maul storyline on Clone Wars (same goes for the angle to the cut end). I wonder if that detail originated in some piece of Lucasfilm art, or if MR just invented that detail, and the Clone Wars staff pulled it from the replicas?

I have the feeling that MR came up with it for their replica—presumably in conjunction with (or merely requiring the approval of) LFL—and then it became the default version for licensing, THE CLONE WARS, etc.

58CB2B22-A8D9-4382-9E3E-44E40D881CFC.jpeg
3F6FAC66-235A-46E5-A402-01C180D13E5E.jpeg
EB548907-F034-4DE6-9F2D-809CD1BC4A55.jpeg
Here is my EFX Darth Maul Legend saber compared to Dans saber. This is absolutely impressive. The only thing that’s different on it are the top part of the emitters. Excellent job Dan and thanks.

Last edited:
Mine is now complete. My approach that might be worth noting
- I used a metal 3/8" washer as the in between middle hilt piece
- I used a manual saw, no electrically powered equipment. I sawed the threaded rod in ten minutes, with a clean edge. I used a 3/8" nut to clean the sawed point, barely any cleaning/smoothing needed. A manual saw with a thin blade can sit in between two threads, thus giving a very clean cut
- Alignment can be done with both hands, no need for a second person. Screw on the emitter at sawed end of threaded rod and then compensate, bit by bit, by reversing the hilt
- O-rings provided are very tight. These can be fitted by enlarging the O-ring's diameter/elasticity using the metal hook of a coat hanger. Fishing wires are dangerous and could cut your fingers.
IMG_5164.JPG
IMG_5165.JPG
IMG_5163.JPG

Mine is now complete. My approach that might be worth noting
- I used a metal 3/8" washer as the in between middle hilt piece
- I used a manual saw, no electrically powered equipment. I sawed the threaded rod in ten minutes, with a clean edge. I used a 3/8" nut to clean the sawed point, barely any cleaning/smoothing needed. A manual saw with a thin blade can sit in between two threads, thus giving a very clean cut
- Alignment can be done with both hands, no need for a second person. Screw on the emitter at sawed end of threaded rod and then compensate, bit by bit, by reversing the hilt
- O-rings provided are very tight. These can be fitted by enlarging the O-ring's diameter/elasticity using the metal hook of a coat hanger. Fishing wires are dangerous and could cut your fingers.

you now have a very nice replica, I hope you are happy with it (y) your O rings are at the wrong position though, check the reference pictures ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back