Interest DaveP's 40th Anniversary Luke Hero (Interest Thread)

Site's looking stellar Dave! Will your new Hero control box fit the older Sabers you released?
Hey Jamie.

Apologies for the delayed reply. o_O

Yes, they'll all fit the vast majority of my past ROTJ hilts. The only exception is the ISYHCANL from my first ever run. There were only nine of these sold though, and you'd be hard pressed to remove the box from those in any case.

The new boxes are all interchangeable and will fit gen1 and gen2 bodies. I'll be keeping the fixing the same for future runs too. (y)

**UPDATE**

Just a very brief update on the site, and any outstanding orders from the launch...

Thanks again to everyone who has placed an order through the site! It's very much appreciated!

I'm hard at work getting through these (which is why I'll make this brief if that's ok).

All smaller orders that don't include hilts, control boxes or commissions have been sent out. (y)

I'm now focussing on getting DIY kits and full commissions out before Christmas.

I'm working on these simultaneously, but obviously expect to have DIY orders ready to ship sooner.

I'm aiming for the end of this week (15th December) to ship all orders that do NOT include weathering/finishing commissions.

All remaining orders that DO include commissions will then be shipped out by the following Friday (22nd Dec).

I hope this is ok with everyone.

Please give me a shout if you have any questions or concerns.

You might have noticed that everything is now "Out of stock". This is because I've pulled everything for the time being. This is just to ensure that I get the above work done in time and without the need to keep track of more orders coming in.

I'll be adding more stock for all items in the new year. Including the V1 Hero and reveal boards! I have finally had an update from the PCB manufacturer, and they are shipping them out via express mail TOMORROW (12th December).

With the existing work I have on and the limited time between now and Christmas, it's not looking like I'll be able to list V1 Heroes before the new year now unfortunately.

I WILL be listing them along with more of everything else at mid-day (UK Time) on the 1st of January 2024.

Between now and then, I'll send out a newsletter with the above info to all those who have added their name to the mailing list and to anyone from the interest list who isn't an RPF member.

I'll also post pictures of the replica reveal boards as soon as they arrive. Can't wait to finally see them!

I'm going to drop off the radar again now to concentrate on getting through some work.

I'll continue to catch up with messages as time permits though.

Thanks again for all your patience and support as I get on top of things.

All the best and MTFBWY!

Dave

Hopefully, Dave doesn't mind me posting this here - I just received my Cave Hero from him and am left speechless. The attention to detail and quality is immaculate! Also WAY heftier than I expected:

Comparison1.png
Comparison3.png
Comparison4.png
Comparison5.png
Comparison2.png

In addition, it's worth mentioning Dave has been nothing but communicative and honest throughout the whole process. If this is the quality and customer service I should expect, then I'm super excited for the Yuma and ISYHCANL.

Dave's work is truly Art, as his motto suggests. If you are considering getting a Hero from him, I can only say one thing: Dew it. You won't be disappointed.

Hopefully, Dave doesn't mind me posting this here - I just received my Cave Hero from him and am left speechless. The attention to detail and quality is immaculate! Also WAY heftier than I expected:

View attachment 1768873View attachment 1768875View attachment 1768876View attachment 1768877View attachment 1768874

In addition, it's worth mentioning Dave has been nothing but communicative and honest throughout the whole process. If this is the quality and customer service I should expect, then I'm super excited for the Yuma and ISYHCANL.

Dave's work is truly Art, as his motto suggests. If you are considering getting a Hero from him, I can only say one thing: Dew it. You won't be disappointed.
Dave is a incredible human being, and a true asset to the replica community

When will it be possible to have one? However, I expressed the wish to be on the list of interest but the communication should not have reached my mailbox because I see that some have had one

**UPDATE**

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to get a quick update out before the holidays…

Firstly, I’d just like to thank all of you for what has been an incredible start to this latest run of ROTJ thin-neck replicas!

I can’t thank you all enough for your support as well as your kind words of encouragement!

I have been incredibly busy, and haven’t been able to keep up with messages as well as I’d like, so apologies for that.

All orders of full DIY Yuma / I.S.Y.H.C.A.N.L kits have now shipped, as well as any smaller orders that did not require assembly/weathering commissions.

I am running a little behind schedule on fully weathered orders unfortunately… Not by very much at all, but with the holidays being literally here, I have basically run out of time to get them finished and sent out before Christmas unfortunately (not for a lack of trying!).

I am disappointed by this, as I really do hate putting out these deadlines and then breaking them.

Please allow me to first apologise, and secondly, to explain. There have been a couple of things that have set me back / held me up this last week…

Firstly, as I mentioned in my previous update it was my plan to get DIY kits out by the end of last week, and then concentrate on painting / weathering this week. The number of commissions I took on as part of this first batch was really very small, and my original plan would have been achievable.

There was some slight confusion over what was included as part of the DIY kits though, which resulted in some additional work this week. This is totally my fault, and I accept that I hadn't explained this properly.

Originally, it was my plan to add surface level details as part of my full weathering commission only. I intended on sending out DIY kits with idealised pommel grooves, and without the emitter dimple. This was NOT completely clear however, and as a result, I have decided to offer this as standard with all un-weathered / DIY kits. Having asked all those affected, this seemed to be the overwhelming preference.

So, although DIY kits were finished and booked in ready for collection, I held them back this week to update them before shipping out.

They have all now SHIPPED, and fully weathered hilts have also been prepped ready for painting.

There just isn’t the time now to get these painted, assembled, AND shipped by the end of today. (Obviously)

I am adamant that I WILL get a painting day in before breaking up for the holidays though, so I have today set aside for this. This will not leave enough time to get commissions finished and sent out this side of Christmas though unfortunately.

All being well, there is the possibility that some (possibly all) of these will ship between Christmas and New Year. With this in mind, I will be booking in all remaining orders with UPS later today in order to generate labels/tracking numbers.

I’ll then get these on their way as soon as I possibly can.

At the very latest, the remaining commissions will certainly ship out with the first collection of the new year. I hope this is ok and not too much of a delay. It would obviously be sooner if it were any other time of the year.

As for the next wave of stock (including Heroes), the reveal boards are now finished and on their way to me:

SNEAK PEEK.jpg

I'm very happy with how they’re looking and can’t wait to put one together! The reason it’s taken so very long to finally get these is the vintage material, which was incredibly difficult to source.

I’ve been in possession of some that were made using modern fiberglass boards for months now, but the colour was not quite right.

It was important to get a brown phenolic substrate, as seen on the originals, as this affects the overall colour and look of the finished thing.

Anyway, these have literally just shipped, so I expect them to arrive between Christmas and new year. All being well, I’ll get one made up in time for the next wave of stock, which is due to go live at mid-day on the 1st of January (UK time).

Just a heads up that this next wave of stock will be limited to a fairly small number for now. The whole purpose of setting up the site was for me to get a handle on lead times and to allow me to fulfil orders within a 28day period.

I’ve just about managed that with these latest ones (JUST), but with the holidays and the slight change to the DIY offering, I have ended up going over slightly with the fully weathered commissions.

This first batch of 2024 will be limited to just a handful of each hilt for now, with a view to me getting in front of things.

I’ll then re-stock on a regular basis over the course of the next few months (and indefinitely for as long as there is demand).

I hope this is ok with everyone.

I have a busy day of painting ahead of me, so I’m going to sign off for now by wishing you all a VERY happy and enjoyable holiday season, and all the best for 2024!

MTFBWY - A,

Dave

LUKE.gif

Dave, I figured you were busy so I didnt want to fill up your inbox anymore than needed. But just wanted to let ya know that the lightsaber is amazing! Thank you for your hard work and great communication!

Happy New Year 2024 everyone!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024.jpg

I hope you've all had a wonderful festive season and wish you all the very best for 2024!

A huge thank you again to everyone for your support (and patience!) this past year.

The launch of the store last month went incredibly well and I'm happy to say that the vast majority of orders have now been received!

I am just running a little behind on shipping out fully weathered orders, but they'll be heading to their new homes in the next couple of days.

Thank you for your patience with these. Whilst I've tried my best to work around the holidays (and the weather!), they have inevitably slowed things down somewhat.

Having a house full of Padawans during the week has had a real impact on productivity too, so there have been a few early mornings and late nights to try and compensate.

All remaining orders from December are now booked in with UPS though, and after a few finishing touches everything will be packaged up and on it's way over the next couple of days.

As promised, I'll be adding more stock to the site from mid-day today (UK time).

Due to me already being slightly behind, and with a view to me getting back in front of things, there will be a VERY limited number of both DIY Kits and Fully weathered commissions this month.

This is with a view to A) getting orders out within the 28 day window, and B) actually making a start on Februarys' stock ahead of time (allowing me to add a greater number next time around)

Hopefully this is ok with everyone.

I'll be aiming to add more stock at the 1st of every month, but will continue to keep you informed.

I'm excited for the year ahead and can't wait to work on more commissions (as well as seeing your finished kits in the weeks ahead!)

Thanks again everyone and all the best for 2024!

MTFBWY,

Dave

Happy New Year 2024 everyone!!!

View attachment 1774611

I hope you've all had a wonderful festive season and wish you all the very best for 2024!

A huge thank you again to everyone for your support (and patience!) this past year.

The launch of the store last month went incredibly well and I'm happy to say that the vast majority of orders have now been received!

I am just running a little behind on shipping out fully weathered orders, but they'll be heading to their new homes in the next couple of days.

Thank you for your patience with these. Whilst I've tried my best to work around the holidays (and the weather!), they have inevitably slowed things down somewhat.

Having a house full of Padawans during the week has had a real impact on productivity too, so there have been a few early mornings and late nights to try and compensate.

All remaining orders from December are now booked in with UPS though, and after a few finishing touches everything will be packaged up and on it's way over the next couple of days.

As promised, I'll be adding more stock to the site from mid-day today (UK time).

Due to me already being slightly behind, and with a view to me getting back in front of things, there will be a VERY limited number of both DIY Kits and Fully weathered commissions this month.

This is with a view to A) getting orders out within the 28 day window, and B) actually making a start on Februarys' stock ahead of time (allowing me to add a greater number next time around)

Hopefully this is ok with everyone.

I'll be aiming to add more stock at the 1st of every month, but will continue to keep you informed.

I'm excited for the year ahead and can't wait to work on more commissions (as well as seeing your finished kits in the weeks ahead!)

Thanks again everyone and all the best for 2024!

MTFBWY,

Dave
Very cool dave. Appreciate your communication as always. :D Happy New Year!

I see!! Were any listed? Dave said he put very little as he wants to make sure he doesn't get slogged down and keep people waiting :).
No I was not listed. I was just hoping to be fast enough to order one on the website ahah

But I surely would like to be listed for the next batch !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back