Interest DaveP's 40th Anniversary Luke Hero (Interest Thread)

I missed something so, I wanted this v1 ^^

Nice!!!

Edit: I was too excited and hurry didn’t see the posts, I was clicking the website and giving food to my baby at the same time

Sorry
Hey Thomas. Were you wanting the V1? This hasn't been added yet. It's just showing as out of stock until the final part arrives, then I'll add some to the site. (y)

Just double checking but the fully finished Yumas also come with the blade?

Initially I assumed it didn’t but then I reread it and I think it does but figured I’d double check.

Site looks great - light, clear and a pleasure to use - the pop-up messages that guided me along were a really nice touch. I signed up for the Newsletter, went to the store and selected a DIY Yuma. The inclusion of the blade and stencils as part of the kit - was a very welcome surprise. I'm really looking forward to receiving this Dave, Many, many thanks.

Hey Thomas. Were you wanting the V1? This hasn't been added yet. It's just showing as out of stock until the final part arrives, then I'll add some to the site. (y)
Wow. I knew they were going to go fast but didn’t think it would be that fast. Good to know! Thanks Dave!

Thanks so so much everyone! Everything seems to be working great and the first orders have come through. :)

I'll get straight to work on these ASAP (y)

I'm going to have to get some sleep now, so I won't be able to respond to messages until morning.

I'm going to spend some time tomorrow morning fully catching up on correspondence and planning out the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again for all your support!

All the best,

Dave

lol I think Salacious Crumb stole my wallet
I saw him do it
EB90FD68-5E6C-4942-9157-EF5FA786E142.jpeg

Hi! Are you still planning on making hilts with a hollow body to accommodate for potential electronics? Noticed that all the hilts listed on the site aren't "FX" hilts!

For a fully finished Hero what are the views on the brass v copper rails? Not sure which to go for

Dave may shine some more light on this, but from my understanding, there are various views on what the rails are made of. It's generally agreed that the ISYHCANL rails are brass but for the Cave Hero, there are still sides that argue that it was Brass with Copper tape, or Brass (Tarnished Look), or Copper (Tarnished Look).

2.jpg

I chose Copper personally, because having experience with tarnished Copper, it does look like the reference picture above. You should read the MoM Research Thread though for more of an insight.

Dave may shine some more light on this, but from my understanding, there are various views on what the rails are made of. It's generally agreed that the ISYHCANL rails are brass but for the Cave Hero, there are still sides that argue that it was Brass with Copper tape, or Brass (Tarnished Look), or Copper (Tarnished Look).

View attachment 1765542

I chose Copper personally, because having experience with tarnished Copper, it does look like the reference picture above. You should read the MoM Research Thread though for more of an insight.
Awesome, thank you for this as I was going to ask the same question. Also glad the V1 is out of stock as the parts haven't arrived as thought I'd missed out, although I think Dave has said he will replenish stock as he goes along! Can't wait :)

P.s. DaveP the website is fab, so exciting to see all the options available currently.

For a fully finished Hero what are the views on the brass v copper rails? Not sure which to go for
Hi there,

This is not 100% confirmed and opinions vary, which is why I decided to offer both. The ISYHCANL rails are almost certainly brass. This really shouldn't have any baring on the V1 Hero though as not only do they appear to be a different material based on the available references of the Hero (which in my opinion look to be copper) , but they're a different shape and size too. The rails on the ISYHCANL look to me to be sharp, I.e., CNC'd, whereas the ones on the Hero are folded. Also, by my measurements, they are also larger (closer to 4mm than 3mm), as well as being thicker.

With that said, and ignoring the ISYHCANL, interpretations of the Hero rails vary. Are they brass with a red patina, or copper with a yellowish patina? I guess it's down to personal preference, but personally I'm leaning (not particularly heavily) towards copper.

Hi! Are you still planning on making hilts with a hollow body to accommodate for potential electronics? Noticed that all the hilts listed on the site aren't "FX" hilts!

Hi there,

I am absolutely planning to do this at some point in 2024. My main area of interest is the props of the OT. As in the physical props, as they were on set (inside and out). I am however bursting with ideas, and have a design for a motorised crystal chamber that I'm itching to make a reality at some point in the not too distant future.

This will require a hollowed out hilt, which when I do eventually have made, will allow for a blade too. Because if you're going to do a hollow hilt, you'd might as well allow for a blade too. :p

I must stress that I'm focussing on display rather than heavy duelling.

This is something for the future. The idea of the store is to give me a little more control over my workload. The idea being that I can maybe dedicate one day out of the week to new projects (including the above) :)

**UPDATE**

I just wanted to post a quick update now that the store is live.

Firstly a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has made a purchase so far!

All Yuma and ISYHCANL kits and commissions are now sold out. I'll be making a start on those straight away! Thank you so much.

If you missed out, I'm really sorry. I did only add a VERY limited number. This was with a view to me getting used to handling orders through the store, and only taking on a small number which I could
realistically complete this side of Christmas.

I'll be working on a small number of Heroes alongside these and will be adding those to the store as soon as the reveal boards have arrived. (y)

So far so good and the store is working great!

I must mention that I haven't yet had a chance to start on fulfilling orders. Everything has been a little bit crazy and have spent most of the past couple of days catching up on correspondence/replying to messages.

jim-carrey-jim-carrey-typing.gif

Now that the mad rush is over, and the dust has begun to settle, I'm just about catching up (nearly!), so I'll be making a start on getting orders out to people starting tomorrow. (y)

Smaller items like the DS2 brass, Tri-Ring, Clamp foil, etc are still available on the store (y)

Thanks again to everyone who has used the store, and for all of your kind words, as well as suggestions for how to improve the site.

Another big thank you to teecrooz for testing out the store and identifying potential issues!

Early days, but I'm really excited for what comes next!

All the best and MTFBWY.... A!

Dave

Hi there,

I am absolutely planning to do this at some point in 2024. My main area of interest is the props of the OT. As in the physical props, as they were on set (inside and out). I am however bursting with ideas, and have a design for a motorised crystal chamber that I'm itching to make a reality at some point in the not too distant future.

This will require a hollowed out hilt, which when I do eventually have made, will allow for a blade too. Because if you're going to do a hollow hilt, you'd might as well allow for a blade too. :p

I must stress that I'm focussing on display rather than heavy duelling.

This is something for the future. The idea of the store is to give me a little more control over my workload. The idea being that I can maybe dedicate one day out of the week to new projects (including the above) :)
Thanks for the update Dave! Would certainly not use the hilt for dueling haha. I was just curious since you mentioned your intent to have some hilts be FX hilts earlier this year. Waiting patiently and looking forward to hearing more news. Congrats on launching the website!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back